What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos finished for 07 ?

scuzzi

Juniors
if Hunt comes back soon, and Perry is injured for the year, then the broncos have a chance.

JW

Coach
Lockyer - season
Ennis - season
Tate - season
Berrigan - season
Hunt
Stagg
Carroll
Hannant
Lacey
Kemp

Any more that I missed? Corrections? Some of the others could be gone for the year too i'm hearing.

I'd like to think we could snatch a win against the Raiders and maybe trouble the Dogs, but really, too many key players gone in key positions. As a supporter I will always remain as optomisitic as possible, but realistically that's a killer injury list for us. I'll be happy just to see them put in for the full 80 like today each week and not throw the towel in.

gong_eagle said:
what so people cant have an opinion, so you call them tosspots, you really think you will beat the Storm Eels and Dogs, wish you the best of luck with those 3 games

That's a geniused post. Where has anyone mentioned knocking off those 3 sides? Any wonder they're having a go at you.

thommo4pm

Coach
If there is 1 team in the NRL you never write off, it's Brisbane.
Hunt is back shortly, they will beat Canberra, meaning they only have to win 1 of the other 3 to get to the 8...as their for and against is quite strong.

Brisbane I believe will still make the 8....where they go from there without Locky is the big question.
Berrigan's injury today is a massive blow.
What a bad way to finsih his Australian NRL career, he has been a quality player for a long time and deserved a better exit.

salivor

First Grade
Fullback, 5/8, halfback and hooker all gone. The 4 most important positions on a football field and we're expected to compete?

Mr Saab

Referee
Berrigan is gone for the yr confirmed.
Broken eye socket and cheekbone.
Carroll is out next week with a shoulder injury...and we play the storm next weekend in Melb.
What was the score in 2005? 50-4...hmmmmm

salivor

First Grade
Keep the faith Saab, we'll be fielding Aspley under the tag of the Brisbane Broncos but keep the faith :roll:.

thommo4pm

Coach
salivor said:
Fullback, 5/8, halfback and hooker all gone. The 4 most important positions on a football field and we're expected to compete?

Don't worry mate, some people don't understand that.
Saints had the exact same thing for the first 12 rounds this year and were copping a hammering from everywhere about under performing.
From Round 2-16 we had upwards of 10 regular first grade players out each week....and people were wondering why we were down the lower end of the table.
Problem for us is, we got the players back too late in the season.

Mr Saab

Referee
Faith exited as soon as Lockyer went down,
As long as they dont embarris themselves like the Dogs did in 2005 with back to back 50s put on them then i will be satisfied.

brooksy19

Bench
Saab mate, they sure did the club and its supporters proud today, never gave up. Got to admire & respect that.

pennywisealfie said:
good onya saab, way to back ur team.

we will still make the finals, we will get players back and i still think we can make a good go at the premiership
Yeh wait till cutie gets back ,he will save them ....oh wait on Locky is still out...ah well goodbye 2007.

mattyg

Bench
never ever ever write off the broncos...we learned that in last years preliminary final.

Kid Dynamite

Juniors
No Mr Saab and Salivor don't admire that because they are essentially f**kwits. I think they loved it when Lockyer got injured because they are perverse anti fans. This thread is legitimate. Brisbane still had an ok chance when Lockyer went down, not great but they were still right in it. They took Parra to 2 points without Hunt or Hodges and todays effort wasn't awful. The loss of Berrigan though and Ennis for the season pretty well puts them out of contention for the premiership although you never know. But the finals are still a real chance.

Kid Dynamite

Juniors
dazza62 said:
Yeh wait till cutie gets back ,he will save them ....oh wait on Locky is still out...ah well goodbye 2007.

You have a weird obsession with Karmichael Hunt. Is it sexual? What club do you support? I guess Matt Bowens. Are you his Dad?

Mr Saab

Referee
Yawn....KD...you are a fantasy fan, i and Salivor are whats called Realist fans.
For you to say that we loved it when Lockyer went down is just absurd.
Why would i want that? Seriously why?
I was loving watching the team play since the Knights game (71-6)
When Lockyer went down that was it. You dont replace a Lockyer.
Just like the Knights didnt replace a Ricky Stuart, or the Knights replace an Andrew Johns.

But hey, dreams are free.....

salivor

First Grade
Sorry who are you kid dynamite? Oh that's right, I could care less.

Yeah I loved seeing Lockyer go down injured for the season, the bloke that's been my favourite Broncos since he debuted in 1995 that I've defended through thick and thin on this forum. Yeah I loved seeing Lockyer go down when we'd put a series of wins together and were looking like the only side capable of competing with Melbourne for this premiership. Yeah thrill of my life.

_Johnsy

Referee
one week is a long time in footy, let alone 4. Anything can/and probably will happen

Kid Dynamite

Juniors
You see the negative way too much. For some reason I don't know why. but you like to write off your team as soon as you can and have low expectations. Maybe thats to protect yourself against disappointment.

salivor

First Grade
Lol, what a wank. Even the king of positivity in Dazzat is finding it hard to find positivity in this situation. All Broncos fans are. The reality is that if you take out this many players from any club particularly key players in key positions and they're going to be struggling for wins. That's reality, we tried our guts out today and never gave in but we were never going to win as we didn't have the personnel to win. I was proud to watch the effort but I'm not going to kid myself and think we have a shot at the title.

Mr Saab

Referee
If the Broncos were at full strength i would lay it on the line and say they would go back to back.
As it is, we are decimated. We are not talking injuries to Boyd, Michaels, Lacey, Kenny.
We are talking injuries to the heart of the team. The players that pump the blood through the team.
I am a realist. I am different to you...i see things in black and white, you it seems see things in 32bit colour.
I cant recall ever, ever...a team that went on to win a comp with so many stars out.