What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos R19 in Brisbane.

It's puzzling that we ran out of gas but it was the Broncs who made 60 tackles more than us in the first half plus the penalties, 6 agains and sin bins against them and yet they have the energy to lift in the second half. It's not the first time it's happened to us either.
Still, happy with an away win in Qld, that's huge and we did it with our "stars" out.
A lot of our forwards were making 10mtrs or more per run and putting their hand up for lots of work, good stuff.
One other thing - we must bomb more tries than any other team, why can't we ice those, it's like 2 or 3 every game.
It’s psychological

As the opposition starts to challenge us we become tentative, instead of rising to the challenge

We were clock watching from the time we scored first in the second half

Gareth67

First Grade
Nothing new about that maestro 1 , that is the usual fare from those wankers . Only the big name teams will receive rave reviews - win or lose , as only they matter , not the lesser lights of the competition .

To the game itself , well done lads , you may have been playing a team short of their rep players , however you thoroughly deserve the win by playing entertaining football .

blue bags

First Grade
It's puzzling that we ran out of gas but it was the Broncs who made 60 tackles more than us in the first half plus the penalties, 6 agains and sin bins against them and yet they have the energy to lift in the second half. It's not the first time it's happened to us either.
Still, happy with an away win in Qld, that's huge and we did it with our "stars" out.
A lot of our forwards were making 10mtrs or more per run and putting their hand up for lots of work, good stuff.
One other thing - we must bomb more tries than any other team, why can't we ice those, it's like 2 or 3 every game.
Kicking game
Kick Chase
Compact relentless defence line
Field position
It's the basics

TheRev

First Grade
It's Sloans attack that I have a problem with.. he doesnt break tackles.. thats the point of having an attacking fullback.. otherwise we can just run a defensive tank like a Matt Feagai or a Lomax.

I was impressed with him in the 1st half, if he had spilt a few of those bombs we might not have had a 1st half lead.. im not sure how the broncos kept getting chasers so close to the bomb despite us winning the forward battle.

maestro1

Bench
Right on Pete , yep nice guy but no mongrel ...... Needs to really harden up or he won't make it ...... Or he needs to be playing in a top 4 team so he doesn't have to do much defending .......
He was amazing under the high ball. He was putting himself in the firing line for each of those misses. He isn't strong enough and his technique needs work...... He will be a lot stronger in 2025 and the technique will come. Be patient. He didn't shy away from anything tonight. I see that as a positive.

maestro1

Bench
It's Sloans attack that I have a problem with.. he doesnt break tackles.. thats the point of having an attacking fullback.. otherwise we can just run a defensive tank like a Matt Feagai or a Lomax.

I was impressed with him in the 1st half, if he had spilt a few of those bombs we might not have had a 1st half lead.. im not sure how the broncos kept getting chasers so close to the bomb despite us winning the forward battle.
Rikki was offside for all his chases.

Gourley's Socks

Juniors
He was amazing under the high ball. He was putting himself in the firing line for each of those misses. He isn't strong enough and his technique needs work...... He will be a lot stronger in 2025 and the technique will come. Be patient. He didn't shy away from anything tonight. I see that as a positive.
He looks too upright in his tackling technique. Needs to get his centre of gravity a bit lower.

It was nice though to see him taking those bombs again and even throwing himself about to clean up kicks along the ground. So trending upwards but still work to do.

Old Timer

Coach
He’s 50 games in FFS
There are no excuses for poor tackling technique especially easy 1 on 1’s