What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos R19 in Brisbane.

Dragons4me

Juniors
Sloan needs needs to be dropped no attack and almost cost us a win can't tackle .
The team must be fustrated playing with a fullback that is a week link each week .
He has been doing this all year wait till we play Penrith storm sharks he has to go put lomax at fullback
Oh I don't know. Opposition players aim for Sloan on the goal line in defence and simply go over the top of him. That's just smart play on their part.

possm

Coach
Sloan needs needs to be dropped no attack and almost cost us a win can't tackle .
The team must be fustrated playing with a fullback that is a week link each week .
He has been doing this all year wait till we play Penrith storm sharks he has to go put lomax at fullback
Maybe Lomax can go to the fullback position for the rest of the season. We need a fullback for 2025. We also need to drop Max Feagai. Promote a young gun to play right center.

TheRev

First Grade
Maybe Lomax can go to the fullback position for the rest of the season.
Im not as hard on Sloan as many are tonight (and im definitely not a fanboy), but given Ravalawa had a strong game on the right and CTui strong on left.. there has to be the possibility that Lomax slots back in to fullback.. 5 big units in our back 5.

That said Lomax isnt here next year and the management of Sloan is key given hes the only fullback we really have for another 1.5yrs.. its a coaches call tbh.. it is also useful to have someone fast who can mop up loose balls or chase a grubber etc.. there is some logic in making the call.. will definitely be watching on with interest.

RedVDave

First Grade
Sorry to turn this thread into a negative after a joyful win!

But I'm so over how out of touch our club is they send an email with a we win you win promo 25% off training shorts i figure yeah that's nice I'll definitely grab a pair or 2.

Well unless you're a minimum 4XL you're going to be very disappointed as all other sizes are sold out why not think up a different promo that'll appease everyone absolute amateurs.

BLM01

First Grade

But I'm so over how out of touch our club is they send an email with a we win you win promo 25% off training shorts i figure yeah that's nice I'll definitely grab a pair or 2.

Well unless you're a minimum 4XL you're going to be very disappointed as all other sizes are sold out why not think up a different promo that'll appease everyone absolute amateurs.
Wrong thread for this but get your point. It is the way and common in the corporate world of today..as crap as it is

TheRev

First Grade
Should go after Trai Fuller since the Hammer stopping him getting a full time gig
its rly tricky.. there are really good young (or in this case old) fullbacks sitting in many NRL clubs.. but we cant really get them unless we promise them the #1 jersey next year.

I dont want to put the boot into Sloan, this is the coaches call.. but we did just extend him.. so its hard to us making a call like that..

Spazer

Juniors
Im not as hard on Sloan as many are tonight (and im definitely not a fanboy), but given Ravalawa had a strong game on the right and CTui strong on left.. there has to be the possibility that Lomax slots back in to fullback.. 5 big units in our back 5.
I agree. Mat feagai was also good before his injury.

Could be a back 3 of Tui, Lomax, Mat/Rav

But as you said there will be absolutely no speed in this side with Liddle being our next fastest player.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade

Yeah I agree...it won't be long until they start offering this years Calendars at the end of September

SGMax

Juniors
Overall, a great win and the donkeys only got close due to some soft tries.
Some of the try celebrations from the Broncos you would think they were 50 in front...didn't realise what a team of grubs they were...esp. the halves....flogs!!
Ref definitely had a hand in getting the scores so close...we barely got any sets in their half after half time.

* Why is Sloan so close to the ruck and left to tackle one on one with play less than 2m out?? There should be forwards there to assist as soon as he makes contact... or move him wider.
* F.Molo needs to sort out his defence and not move past the ball.
* Suli needs to stay in position better and when they get past him make an effort to catch up...no giving up and jogging behind!
* Not sure how every set in the 2nd forty in our half resulted in multiple 6 agains. We are offside with play on our goal line yet on every wide shot, I could see multiple broncos off-side and no action.
* I did notice their bombs were better placed for their kick chasers to pressure Sloan. The one time we got it right they fumbled and we scored.
* Special mention to BMM and Sua who are a handful with every run.
* Happy for Tui to show he is a first grader, even if he is not always in the team, Good call from Flanno to bring him over.

Veteran Dragon

Juniors
Last year the Roosters put Sam Walker back to reserves and he came back better than ever. It might help to put him back to reserves not as a punishment but to bring on his defensive game. He was definitely targeted tonight it was obvious when the dummy half ran straight over the top of him to score. To his credit he did well under the high ball and covering in goal kicks.

True_Believer

Juniors
Last year the Roosters put Sam Walker back to reserves and he came back better than ever. It might help to put him back to reserves not as a punishment but to bring on his defensive game. He was definitely targeted tonight it was obvious when the dummy half ran straight over the top of him to score. To his credit he did well under the high ball and covering in goal kicks.
You might be in a time warp - a week behind