What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos Recruitment

Hench

Juniors
Widdop disappears like a fart in a tornado whenever the Storm aren't in control. Will get a rude shock if he ever plays for a club other than the Storm.

jakepearce94

Juniors
Widdop -------> Broncos?

Well Widdop's partner is from Melbourne and they've just had their second child, I doubt if she wants to move. Have Cronk instead, seriously, we'd still win the Premiership without him. Ben Hampton has been doing well apparently, and Slade Griffin can go to fulcrum and Smith to halfback if neccessary, and of course we still have Hinchcliffe who we can also put at fulcrum.
i think if you break up any part of the big 3 you guys aren't as much of a threat anymore.

Bretto

Bench
The tackle miss was bad on Linnett, but how about the other players just standing around watching, why not bag them as well?

I've got a big gripe against Thaiday for his terrible read on Kostjasyn for the Cowboys second try. He played the decoy runner, Thurston, and left a massive hole for Kostjasyn to stroll through which cost us that try.

The Prince one is so fresh in peoples minds because it was close to the end of the game and almost cost us the game.

AceAv

Juniors
I've got a big gripe against Thaiday for his terrible read on Kostjasyn for the Cowboys second try. He played the decoy runner, Thurston, and left a massive hole for Kostjasyn to stroll through which cost us that try.

The Prince one is so fresh in peoples minds because it was close to the end of the game and almost cost us the game.

Yeh it was a bad read -he was 2 on 1 after having to race back 40 metres from a linebreak Princess gave away, so I don't really blame him, but I expect someone like Thaiday to have been capable of stopping that also...

The tackle miss was bad on Linnett, but how about the other players just standing around watching, why not bag them as well?

Yeah this. Terrible read by Thaiday. Regarding the Prince miss, I honestly think he was slightly concussed from the 2 Sims hits. He took himself off not long after that from memory.

Widdop disappears like a fart in a tornado whenever the Storm aren't in control. Will get a rude shock if he ever plays for a club other than the Storm.

:lol: Whether you agree with the content or not, this is a quality comment. 5 stars

Yeah, what's going on there ??

Heard on the radio that Greenburg had denied it via twitter. Besides which, if they're willing to let a player of his caliber go, there must be an absolute f**kc ton of stuff that we haven't heard about.

unbreaK

Juniors
If Campese keeps playing well the Raiders /might/ choose to not re-sign Sam Williams, I wouldn't mind him personally.

Tic

Juniors
Is there anything solid to the Widdop rumour or is it just a case of "his dad likes the Broncos"?

Heard that rumour too, but it was just from some random's twitter feed. Since I've heard nothing since, looks bogus.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I don't believe the Barba to Broncos rumours, but I thought the press conference (obviously about something else) could have been a possibility.

Maroon4life

Juniors
New poster, the last forum I was on went to shit.

I'm surprised with all the pro widdop supporters on here, he's really quite average. If anything he will only exploit the current supply and demand shortage of halves going around. We've seen him play without the 3 big players during origin and he didn't exactly do anything our current crop can't do now. We didn't (or couldn't) get JT, I think it's time for Hunt to be given preference and to start looking beyond Prince & Wallace for a new half to partner hunt in 2 years.

Morkel

Juniors

I'm surprised with all the pro widdop supporters on here, he's really quite average. If anything he will only exploit the current supply and demand shortage of halves going around. We've seen him play without the 3 big players during origin and he didn't exactly do anything our current crop can't do now. We didn't (or couldn't) get JT, I think it's time for Hunt to be given preference and to start looking beyond Prince & Wallace for a new half to partner hunt in 2 years.

Hello stranger. I agree except For Hunt. I've made my thoughts well known that he needs a season in Q Cup to sharpen his skills in his preferred position before he's thrown in the deep end.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee

I'm amazed you haven't heard of LU before. It's arguably the biggest Rugby League discussion forum on the net.

Maroon4life

Juniors
I'm amazed you haven't heard of LU before. It's arguably the biggest Rugby League discussion forum on the net.

I've been reading this forum for a while now, was just a poster at the other forum. This was always my preferred forum during SOO anyway. The flame wars are strong.