What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos Recruitment

some11

Referee
Some betting website took over rleague and destroyed it.

I used their season archives a lot now it's just disappeared - wankers.

gUt

Coach
Hello stranger. I agree except For Hunt. I've made my thoughts well known that he needs a season in Q Cup to sharpen his skills in his preferred position before he's thrown in the deep end.

Hunt is ready now IMO

DeeJ

Bench
Would we use Widdop at fullback or 5/8th? Hopefully the former, I think he would be a solid half, but not very creative and we already suffer from lack of options with Wallace.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Saw Taumalolo and Fai Fai Loa running around in QLD cup on the weekend. It was clear that they were too good for that level. Both would be walk up starts in our current side (assuming Yow Yeh out). They might be on contracts, but I'm sure they would be keen to seek a release for a starting spot.

Thoughts?

Big Pete

Referee
No chance the Cows would release Taumalolo this early.

Fai Fai Loa isn't a bad shout. Has technical issues that need sorting and a change of club may help him out.

unbreaK

Juniors
They're both decent, but I think Fai Fai Loa would be a waste of cap space once Jharal returns, unless we do something different and move Yow Yeh / Hodges / Hoffman to Fullback next season after Norman goes.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
They're both decent, but I think Fai Fai Loa would be a waste of cap space once Jharal returns, unless we do something different and move Yow Yeh / Hodges / Hoffman to Fullback next season after Norman goes.

All of this assuming Jharal is coming back at all. I'm starting to wonder.

beads6

First Grade
I just hope the club plays it smart. We have Hunt and Baptiste off contract plus we are apparently looking for a star playmaker. I hope we are on the look out for a fullback as well. I expect to lose Hunt but if we do I'd like to keep Baptiste. We need to keep some of our depth. If we can't find a decent half I'd hope we re-sign Hunt.

Jason Simmons

Juniors

Yep and Josh Reynolds has just re-signed with the Dogs too. Seems like every player in the league will be snapped up before the Broncos sign ANYONE.

It would be hilarious if Ben Hunt gave the Broncs the flick and signed elsewhere too. Maybe this will allow Hook and Gee to continue to tell us how great our "rebuilding phase" is going...

Last edited:

Latest posts