What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos Recruitment

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Quote from Griff:

"Right now, we aren't looking for anyone . . . but that's not to say we won't go looking if we need to.

"Obviously with Corey (Norman) not taking up his position here that leaves some space. Whether that means we go outside the club or bring through people we already have in the club, we'll make that decision down the track"

What is he crapping on about? This either means that Norman may be sticking around, and Hook is still trying to get him. Or, he is really going to be making decisions down the track, where there basically won't be any players left to choose from. Surely the Broncos can't be that short sighted???

unbreaK

Juniors
Agreed again. Throw a pile at Carney.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/fo...aker-todd-carney/story-fndv2w3r-1226617736646

"The Broncos would be stupid not to look at Todd Carney," said Carroll, a key member of Brisbane's last premiership side in 2006.

"It was a massive mistake losing Norman and it was a big mistake losing Ben Te'o (to Souths). I can't understand the path they are going down, recruitment-wise.

"In terms of talent, Carney is up there with the best - he's the type of guy who can win you a premiership.

"I know Carney has a bad reputation but it's been a while since he got into some trouble and I think he's more settled now than he used to be."

~

I personally can't see us spending 700k+ on Carney, or anyone for that matter, but you never know.

unbreaK

Juniors
Why? Getting him increases our chances of dumping Wallace.

Let's be honest, as much as we all want that, it's never going to happen, Prince will retire after the 2014 season and Wallace will be in our halves until he retires (Maybe in 2018 or 2019?)

Boy

Juniors
do ex broncos not like hunt or something?

they are pointing everywhere else but him
locky saying widdop to be the new half solution

Snappy

Coach
Yep read in the paper today that Widdop is off contract and Lockyer saying we should chase him. I agree with the great man. Hunt is solid but will never be great. Widdop on the other hand is a big step above everyone we have now.

Interestingly the article say that Widdops father is a massive Broncos fan and has pubically expressed his desire to see Gareth play for Brisbane.

AceAv

Juniors
Throw $450k at him then! -Big fan of Widdop and he's trained under the Bellamy regime... Can't expect we'd get anything more than that.

Kiwi

First Grade
Widdop offers NOTHING unless he's surrounded by the Big 3.

I think Widdop would offer us a lot more from fullback than Norman ever could. Widdop is faster, better defender, better kicker, better broken field runner, and far better ball player. He is very under rated and fullback is his best position

unbreaK

Juniors
I think Widdop would offer us a lot more from fullback than Norman ever could. Widdop is faster, better defender, better kicker, better broken field runner, and far better ball player. He is very under rated and fullback is his best position

Agree, I think Widdop would be a great Fullback (Eventually maybe move him into the Halves)

Snappy

Coach
Widdop is English you fool.

Suggesting that he offers nothing without the 'big 3' suggests that you dont watch storm games very closely. He plays his role extremely well and very well structured.

Morkel

Juniors
Groan. You all obviously missed the point. Like someone said earlier, if Norman was playing for the Storm in the #6, he'd probably look a million dollars too.