What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos Recruitment

gUt

Coach
Most of their outside backs plus Tim Grant oh and may as well get Kingston too.

Dazzat

First Grade
Isaac John perhaps - looked a good 5/8 prospect.

But I reckon we need a Tim Grant style player more. We need a tall front rower who can offload.

Bretto

Bench
8) Hannant
10) Grant
11) Glenn
12) Thaiday
13) Parker

14) McGuire
15) Gillett

Much better.

Yep. Since Civ has gone, we've really missed that big man in the middle. Civ is like 6'4, 115kgs. Thaiday plays through the middle now and is like 5"11, 110kgs. We need that genuine big man. Tim Grant is 6'4, 115kgs.

Last edited:

Dazzat

First Grade
Hala is meant to be filling that role but he has had major injury problems.

Although solid and strong, it is usually the taller forwards - over 6'2" or so are the front rowers that can offload. Hala looks more like a power front rower who can take on the line, but not threaten to off-load much in the vein of Hannant.

We really need a taller forward in the tradition of Civ, Lazarus or Beetson.

DeeJ

Bench
Jarrod Wallace looks like a pretty huge dude. Looks like he is over 190cm easily.

I think Hala is more of an impact forward, like Fui Fui but not as fast.

Big Pete

Referee
We need somebody with a bigger motor.

And brain too.

Wallace doesn't strike me as a player with a lot going on between the ears.

Hala is still underdone - his injury last season really hurt us around this time in my opinion.

I still think a TLL or Tasi would be a good get.

And wouldn't mind having a play at Kane Evans - big wraps on him.

Last edited:

Dazzat

First Grade
After tonight's performance, let's just remind ourselves of the grand announcement that was made earlier this year.

THE BRONCOS ARE IN THE MARKET FOR A KEY PLAYMAKER

This was followed by the announcement:

THE BRONCOS ARE OUT OF THE MARKET FOR A KEY PLAYMAKER.

That was just plain embarrassing.

However, rather than playmakers, our real concern is in the forwards. Small, uninspired bunch. Second rowers playing prop, no depth and the crop of talent in the under 20s two to three years off making the step up.

From Civ going to Penrith, to Inglis squibbing on a handshake deal, to losing Folau, Hunt and various other quality players to other codes and clubs; and our inability to attract any non-Queensland talent from NSW clubs ... something is seriously wrong with the club.

gUt

Coach
No pace in the backs, no size in the forwards, not much skill from anyone, seemingly not very fit.

Welcome to our rebuilding phase I guess.

Oh in other news, the Bulldogs have apparently signed Folau. If only we had some space under our salary cap, then we might have been able to make an offer...

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
No pace in the backs, no size in the forwards, not much skill from anyone, seemingly not very fit.

Oh in other news, the Bulldogs have apparently signed Folau. If only we had some space under our salary cap, then we might have been able to make an offer...

Oh wait....

Dazzat

First Grade

The Courier Mail are so bored with the club's recruitment they now make up stories ...

Kiwi

First Grade
The latest floating around broninc is

Wallace - Panthers definite
Sandow - Broncos definite and mid season