What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos Recruitment

Dazzat

First Grade
I'd rather him than Wallace for sure. But that's not saying much.

I agree.

Halfbacks carry this "messiah" baggage around with them don't they. Most supporters expect halfbacks to create miracles on a weekly basis. The level of expectation is very high.

Wallace is certainly not Brisbane's messiah, but he puts in enough good performances to warrant a place in the side, without ever reaching the heights of an Alfie (who would never have been as good without Kevvie).

There's something about Sandow that doesn't say, "Bronco". Can't put my finger on it though.

Kiwi

First Grade
Another one flying around is JWH from the roosters wanting to join the club. So if what is being thrown around on bronoshq is true we could see a side like this as early as next year

1 - Barba
2 - Hoffman
3 - Reed
4 - Hodges
5 - Copely
6 - Hunt
7 - Sandow
8 - Hannant
9 - McCullough
10 - JWH/McGuire
11 - Glenn
12 - Thaiday
13 - Parker

14 - Kahu
15 - Gillett
16 - Hala
17 - McGuire/JWH

That is a side with a serious title shot in 2014.

Last edited:

Tera

Juniors
JWH, even with his inevitable 3+ penalties a game is someone I could stomach the club signing. He's a good prop, something we need.

Sandow though...

gUt

Coach
JWH is a machine and is only going to get better, but I'd be surprised if that one is true.

Delboy

First Grade
Folau. Get Him In

Folau WAS in, then an idiot called Shoebox fouled up the return of the said player to the NRL and the West by invoking some stupid rule, and with no Chief Exec to make a stand , he was lost to the game.

The so called auditor should be removed from the face of the game immediately for incompetence and utter stupidity

Jason Simmons

Juniors
Not quite the usual recruitment rumour, but word comes from a mate who was treated by the Souths head physio.

Word is Broncs have made a huge dollar play for Michael McGuire as head coach with McGuire interested for next year IF he can deliver Souths a premiership this year or from the end of 2014 onwards without caveat if he can't.

Kiwi

First Grade
If we get McGuire we'll probably land a few high profile bunnies over a few years as well.

hardbaby

Coach
1 - Barba
2 - Hoffman
3 - Reed
4 - Hodges
5 - Copely
6 - Hunt
7 - Sandow
8 - Hannant
9 - McCullough
10 - JWH/McGuire
11 - Glenn
12 - Thaiday
13 - Parker

14 - Kahu
15 - Gillett
16 - Hala
17 - McGuire/JWH

That is a side with a serious title shot in 2014.

No side with Sandow is a serious title shot...

some11

Referee
Indirectly you're comparing Lockyer to Sandow?

I'm wasting kilojoules even typing that.

Dazzat

First Grade
More player movement and not a peep from the Broncos. We are either not interested in signing players, or incapable, take your pick.

I was actually hoping we'd sign Anthony Topau from the Sharks who was one of the last of the higher quality players still unsigned. Junior Sau and Legi Setu signed with other clubs. Tomkins with the Warriors.

If we do actually sign anyone, I'll be shocked.

beads6

First Grade
It is very depressing at the moment. Our under 20's team doesn't seem to have any genuine stars in the squad and our current squad is lacking as well yet we aren't keen to make our squad better.