What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos Recruitment

Dazzat

First Grade
Current, with the club bereft of a recognised No. 6, Hunt would be a welcome addition.

Sure, he'll take a little time to get back in the groove, and could even use some time in the QCup, but long term, he's the type of player that would revel in the No. 6. He's probably the best talker the club has had in recent years, and that is what we need desperately at the moment. And as you may recall from a couple of Origin games when he came on as a sub, he can defend very, very, very well.

I don't believe Ben Hunt is a great organiser. Thaiday doesn't talk that much on the field, neither does Parker. Barba's a support player ... so we need a inspirational talker on the field. Hunt is the man.

Jason Simmons

Juniors
I would rather Hunt... Barba and Milford seem like extremely similar players, don't know if we need them both.

Agreed. I don't know if Karmichael is coming back or not, but I'd rather have him at 5/8 than Milford unfortunately.

Milford and Barba play the same position and the same type of plays. For the good of the team, balance-wise we don't need both, IMHO.

We've got money under the salary cap but we're covered at fullback with Barba, Hoffman, Karmichael (if he comes) and Jordan Kahu all able to play there as needed.

We could do with some genuine outside backs (Will Hopoate would be fine by me...) and of course we need halves.

That's where out money should go now that we've bought that "X Factor" player we've clearly needed.

Bronco18

Juniors
Current, with the club bereft of a recognised No. 6, Hunt would be a welcome addition.

Sure, he'll take a little time to get back in the groove, and could even use some time in the QCup, but long term, he's the type of player that would revel in the No. 6. He's probably the best talker the club has had in recent years, and that is what we need desperately at the moment. And as you may recall from a couple of Origin games when he came on as a sub, he can defend very, very, very well.

I don't believe Ben Hunt is a great organiser. Thaiday doesn't talk that much on the field, neither does Parker. Barba's a support player ... so we need a inspirational talker on the field. Hunt is the man.

I'd love to have Hunt back, but on his defence, I'm pretty sure most of his tackles ended up as shoulder charges :p.

I'd wonder what kind of money he'd be asking for too... you wouldn't think AFL would be prepared to fork out big money for him again as the stunt is over. An article in the Courier Fail regarding Cameron Smith too - apparently we have a 1 million dollar war chest to splurge? Where did this money come from? Is this with Yow Yeh and a few others coming off contract?

Also, call it a pipe-dream but I think McCullough's coming of age might be soon now that he's back in partnership with Hunt and has some speedy players to get him on the good foot. He's always had glimpses either at the start or back end of the season to show what he's capable of, now's his time to become a club leader and find some consistency. I don't know if splurging 1 million dollars on a 30 something Cameron Smith who's only going to get worse is the right idea.

Last edited:

Big Pete

Referee
Braybrook revealed on Fox Sports that the Broncos are chasing after Raiders NYC back Brenko Lee.

Dazzat

First Grade
Frankly I can't see any sense at all in bringing Cameron Smith to the club. He's past his prime, and although I concede he's a great player, he has benefits from playing with two other great players for such a long time - Cronk and Slater - at club, Origin and test levels.

Break up that combination and I'm not sure he'll be as effective straight up. He'll need a season to settle into the club, and by that time he'll be 32 years of age.

On the other side of that equation - Smith is NOT the type of player who relies on speed but smarts and could quite easily injury permitted, play until he's 34 or 35.

Big Pete

Referee
Brenko is going to be much better than his cousin.

Edrick is a good back, Brenko could be the best centre of the next decade.

Bronco18

Juniors
Does anyone know the severity on the Barba injury? Kimmorley said the type of injury could see him miss a year...

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Does anyone know the severity on the Barba injury? Kimmorley said the type of injury could see him miss a year...

Apparently it's just a high ankle sprain. Can't see him missing any matches next year over that. Rehab and pre-season should see him right.

Bronco18

Juniors

Latest posts