What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos Recruitment

renouf

Juniors
whats the point in signing Cameron Smith for 2015? The guy is going to be 31 and will probably only last a season or two.

Bronco18

Juniors
whats the point in signing Cameron Smith for 2015? The guy is going to be 31 and will probably only last a season or two.

The money they're talking about is 1 million dollars a season which is crazy talk. Probably the best player in the game, but he's going to go backwards now and I hate to think what players we would lose for that price. With any luck, McCullough/Granville plays the house down next season. It's really do or die for Macca.

AceAv

Juniors
Another chain yank from the Courier Bile

Yep -NOWAY $1mil per season... It will be Csmith and the under20's sqaud vs the NRL with that chunk out of our salary.

I love smith and god he would do wonders for the club. But he's only a major standout when he can make a dummy and run & then pass it to someone like cronk, slater, thurston or inglis...

Much prefer granville/macca prospect and us to save our big buys for someone like DCE.

Juju

Juniors
As I posted in the rumours last week. Your getting Lowrie. He's just been released by the Warriors too... crazy

themule

Juniors
Seriously Smith who is going only to boost his superannuation, Mills who is useless and Lowrie who is also useless. Bahabahabaha Broncos going backwards if this is the best they can recruit.

Dazzat

First Grade
Smith - no. Lowrie - no. Both make no sense at all ... which means Gee may be considering both.

icewind

Juniors
Throw DCE a 5 year 3.5m offer. Just get him. As good as Cam would be, we have three half decent hookers and we are desperately in need of a world class half.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Smith is still one of the best players in the game and most influential. Locky still had a presence and directed the team around the park well at his age

i think if you played barba at 6 and told dce he could play at 7 then there'd be a chance to lure him here

AceAv

Juniors
If the slaray cap allows for it and we get a 2 year deal with smith AS captain and retain pretty much our current line up with greanville doing some game time I would be OK with it. But thats pretty best case scenario

Kiwi

First Grade
Smith is still one of the best players in the game and most influential. Locky still had a presence and directed the team around the park well at his age

i think if you played barba at 6 and told dce he could play at 7 then there'd be a chance to lure him here

Hunt at 6 and DCE at 7 works better than that.

icewind

Juniors
Vidot and mills, he'll I'd take retired minto just to get maranta out of the team!

What's the bet hook plays the 'loyalty' card and gives maranta first shot though anyway?

DeeJ

Bench
Vidot has alot of potential, just needs a good coach to get his attitude right.

The other two are signings crap clubs like the Eels would make.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Agree that Vidot is a good signing.

Not sure where the club is going with the Mills and Lowrie signings... Bit disappointing tbh

Latest posts