What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos Recruitment

grouch

First Grade
Vidot is big, fast, and extraordinarily strong. Great at carrying defenders, pushing his nose through the line and winning the ruck. Also good at pulling penalties. A great asset.

Only problem with him is he's absolutely clueless in defence, and apparently a bit dumb all round. If your coach can get his defence to standard (ours clearly couldn't) he'll be great value.

H-Bomb

Juniors
Dont mind the Vidot signing. Has potential.

Hate hate hate the Lowrie signing. Watching some Warriors games this year, he seemed to be the catalyst for them fading in their close losses. Always gave away a crucial penalty or dropped the ball.
Also cant see a spot for him with our current back row being what it is. Better be just as depth.

Mills, meh. I cant see him in a starting spot, but its always handy to have some back up, so cant complaint too much.

DeeJ

Bench
Thanks Deej, but just to remind you, Kearney is at Redhill now, so be careful with the comments

Kearney is crap too. He only got hired because he was BFF's with Griffin in Melbourne. I can't wait till he's gone, unfortunately will have to wait till next year.

Bronco18

Juniors
I haven't seen Mills play for a little while. Was he the Sharks winger that got MOM in one of his early games while rocking a mustache? He's got some handy skills (good in the air comes to mind) but isn't the speedster we need.
Vidot might add a bit of punch out wide, but again, I'm not sure how fast he really is. We've missed that person like Yow Yeh to give it to after a half break... Barba is a brilliant support player but we need someone like him on both fringes.
Lowrie - do we really need another backrower? He certainly fits the Stagg model (who for mine exceeded expectations) but he's a rung or two below.

Last edited:

Delboy

First Grade
Well Deej, Kearney was behind a lot of very ordinary signings at the Eels, tried to improve players who were borderline NRL and I hope he is not behind what is happening at the Broncos

The club should be the envy of the league with all the juniors you can bring through, send some to the Eels :)

DeeJ

Bench
Guess that makes the Broncos a crap club now.

Showing signs of desperation, like most clubs that underachieve. Look at some of the signings struggling clubs have made over the years due to pressure.

We're not on Parramatta's level yet though. Didn't sign Sandow for 500k for instance.

broncos2010

Juniors
oh dear how we have fallen before we used to sign stars only produce the best young kids now we are picking up journey men like Lowrie and fringe first graders like Vidot and Mills.

Has it really got that bad?

Bronco18

Juniors
oh dear how we have fallen before we used to sign stars only produce the best young kids now we are picking up journey men like Lowrie and fringe first graders like Vidot and Mills.

Has it really got that bad?

We did sign this player called Barba, he's goes ok. Mills, Vidot, Lowrie aren't great players but I'd be surprised if they're on much.

Mills is on a one year deal so he'll be on the minimum. Honestly, these backs are signings I'm ok with and I can't really fault the club for - who could've expected the horrific injury toll we've had on our outside backs in the past few seasons (Hodges, Yow Yeh, Copley) and these players were probably the best value availble. Lowrie I'm disappointed on, but if he's on next to nothing he'd be a handy addition come origin time.

More worrying though is that we've done another recruitment run without another half. Hopefully a good announcement regarding Milford is coming up.

AceAv

Juniors
So it looks like Thaiday is back to FR with this line up??
The signings here are average and im praying they were buys where the players manager approached the broncos with a fire sale..

I would be more excited about young guns coming through also filling these roles and saving our money for big buys to fill our actual vacant positions: 8, 6 and to a lesser extent 10 and 4.

1qaz

Juniors
Haha the coach strikes again.
Vidot is a dumb footballer. I don't know where you clowns get the idea he's fast. He's a dumb backrower with a shit attitude who everyone hates. I thought the coach was trying maintain a good culture HAHA he goes signs the mx5 driver and Vidumb :lol:

The other two signings are even dumber signing from the coch:lol:

I'm looking forward to Leroy carve up for Manly, he gave a big fu to the coach before he left :lol:

Bronco18

Juniors
So it looks like Thaiday is back to FR with this line up??
The signings here are average and im praying they were buys where the players manager approached the broncos with a fire sale..

I would be more excited about young guns coming through also filling these roles and saving our money for big buys to fill our actual vacant positions: 8, 6 and to a lesser extent 10 and 4.

I'd say not on Thaiday in the front row. Dodds was showing some positive signs towards the back end of the season but another imposing prop should be on the shopping list in the future. I'm thinking (hoping) Lowrie wouldn't make our top 17. With any luck, the signing of more outside backs lets us put Oates closer to the action.

Say if our team looked like this (pending Milford decision):

1. Hoffman
2, 4 and 5 fought between Kahu, Copley, Mills, Vidot and possibly Oates in the centres.
3. Reed
6. Barba
7. Hunt
8. Hannant
9. McCullough
10. McGuire
11. Thaiday
12. Gillette
13. Parker

14. Glenn; 15. Kennedy; 16. Dodds/Hala; 17. Granville (though I wouldn't mind Oates as a 2nd rower if Macca can play 80).

Bronco18

Juniors
In reference to above team, the Lowrie signing makes sense as the team is minus Stagg. Backrow will be slaughtered come origin time with Thairday, Gillette and Parker all going.

Kiwi

First Grade
These are depth signings, you can bet we'll have a few backs break down throughout the year, and some on rep duties so very handy pick ups. Vidot could be great for us. People seem to forget he was on the verge of origin selection alongside Yow Yeh. Why his form dropped is beyond me, but he played for the Raiders and Dragosn when they couldn't attack their way out of a paper bag

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Good luck with Vidot has talent yet a shit attitude Dragons did the right thing to off load the useless turd.

I guess Gagai turned things around at the Knights.

Hope that the same happens for Vidot at a new club. When I say "hope", I really mean "pray"... :pray: