What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos Recruitment

Dazzat

First Grade
Gallen? Why?

On another note ... Glanville against Souths? The type of play Griffin didn't want to see obviously.

hellteam

First Grade
Gallen? Why?

On another note ... Glanville against Souths? The type of play Griffin didn't want to see obviously.

Granville, yep really coming into his own. Scored so many tries like that for Wynnum, still got the pace.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Gallen? Why?

Would have been good to see Granville get a better go at the Broncos. But we've got Parcell who can do what Granville does, and possibly better. Looks like he will only get a shot though if McCullough or Nikorima get injured.

Dazzat

First Grade
Yep ... looking forward to seeing Purcell in action in first grade at some stage.

But watching the Glanville's try last night ... I can really see why Griffin preferred Lowrie on the bench ... can't you?

AceAv

Juniors
Auto correct is a bitch, but no need to be a grammer nazi, that's WORSE :p!

I was livid to see the GlandvillLLLe try! put Souths away completely and was happy to see him stamp his mark on the NRL. Can't believe what a complete moron Griffin was honestly when you see these players perform so well with other clubs and on the other coin see C.Norman, Wallace, Hoffman and Barba perform so poorly.

Anyways a fantastic win for the cows, lack of Reynolds stung the bunnies you could tell, but "full credit to the boys". Nice to be sitting pretty at #1!

Big Pete

Referee
Norman is a example of somebody who has all the skills but doesn't have the wherewithal to take advantage of it.

I would have been interested to have seen what a Norman/Hunt combo would have been capable of in the big time. In the NYC, they got the better of Foran/DCE despite limited time together and in the few times they played together, I felt like Ben got the best out of Corey.

However, everyone has since moved on although it's funny how life works itself out because Norman has the choice of picking between Foran or DCE. Personally, I'd like to see him return to the Gold Coast and form a partnership with DCE. I feel like that would be best for everyone involved and would lead to a more well-rounded competition.

I don't think you'll see too many signings over the coming months for the Broncos. If they do sign anybody, it'll be re-signing the likes of McCullough, Glenn, Thaiday, Kahu, Ofahengaue, Opacic and the Nikorimas.

I believe Wayne is doing everything he can to keep the Nikorimas on board. He's converted both into utilities so he can shoe-horn one or the other into the team and I believe the decision to release Nicholls was in part because he had faith in Jayden Nikorima to step up.

Of course Ash Taylor is also in the mix and he's currently the best half in the Holden Cup.

Bronco18

Juniors
I believe Wayne is doing everything he can to keep the Nikorimas on board. He's converted both into utilities so he can shoe-horn one or the other into the team and I believe the decision to release Nicholls was in part because he had faith in Jayden Nikorima to step up.

Roy Masters wrote an article in the SMH today on Bennett pushing hard for their re-signing as they'll be players who will carve up opposition with a significant reduction in the interchange.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...the-nippy-little-players-20150413-1mjwrd.html

We're pretty lucky having both Bennett AND Lockyer on the rules committee. I mean, I think a reduction in interchanges would be objectively good for the game but having two figures aligned to one club in a supposedly impartial committee is dodgy.

XXXX Cap

Juniors
Would have been good to see Granville get a better go at the Broncos. But we've got Parcell who can do what Granville does, and possibly better. Looks like he will only get a shot though if McCullough or Nikorima get injured.

Do what Granville does and possibly better ?

Pardon me but I'm not familiar with Parcell's work, but he will be good if he can match :

- 100+ Queensland Cup games
- Two Premierships, one at fullback and one at hooker
- Qantas Player of the Year for the Queensland Cup
- Queensland Residents hooker for three seasons

Plus whatever he achieves at NRL, which is looking promising.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Do what Granville does and possibly better ?

Pardon me but I'm not familiar with Parcell's work, but he will be good if he can match :

- 100+ Queensland Cup games
- Two Premierships, one at fullback and one at hooker
- Qantas Player of the Year for the Queensland Cup
- Queensland Residents hooker for three seasons

Plus whatever he achieves at NRL, which is looking promising.

Whoops, I've hit some Wynnum nerve... :p

I've seen both players play and they are very similar imo. Good service, great game awareness, very good defenders, very quick out of dummy half and both can go hard from the 1st minute to the 80th minute.

I'd rate Parcell as slightly quicker and with more upside. Of course Granville's experience should and does count for something.

If Granville was still at Broncos I reckon Parcell could play NRL for Cowboys, the role Granville is doing now. Just my opinion.

XXXX Cap

Juniors
Give me a yell in five years time after he has achieved something.

There's been dozens of promising hookers in the Queensland Cup over the years. Very few make it.

Latest posts