What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos Recruitment

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Give me a yell in five years time after he has achieved something.

There's been dozens of promising hookers in the Queensland Cup over the years. Very few make it.

That's true. I had a big hard on for Baptiste but doesn't look like he has amounted to anything.

Dazzat

First Grade
That's true. I had a big hard on for Baptiste but doesn't look like he has amounted to anything.

Actually, that prop playing NSW Cup who was a bit of a hit with YouTube for his hit-ups credited Baptiste for his great service and work out of dummy half. Some players are very good, but don't get the breaks.

XXXX Cap

Juniors
Actually, that prop playing NSW Cup who was a bit of a hit with YouTube for his hit-ups credited Baptiste for his great service and work out of dummy half. Some players are very good, but don't get the breaks.

I was going to mention the number of people on here two years ago who were telling me that Baptiste was so much superior to Granville.

There is always a band of players who are at that "in-between" level - standouts at Queensland Cup but not quite there at NRL level. I would put Robert Lui in that category. Brad Davis was the same. Often it is size or speed that is the issue.

Dazzat

First Grade
I was going to mention the number of people on here two years ago who were telling me that Baptiste was so much superior to Granville.

There is always a band of players who are at that "in-between" level - standouts at Queensland Cup but not quite there at NRL level. I would put Robert Lui in that category. Brad Davis was the same. Often it is size or speed that is the issue.

For the record XXXX ... I was calling for either Baptiste or Granville to get game time under Griffin.

But the fact is, Griffin coached McCullough in the under 20s, and because of this allegiance, ignored all the obvious indicators and gave Granville only three/four starts in 2014.

We are now seeing Granville's potential fulfilled, with News naming him in the top four "form" No. 9's in the competition.

Good riddance Griffin.

XXXX Cap

Juniors
Wynnum people have seen each of the four tries he has scored this week plenty of times before, it was all classic Granville, along with his defence, great technique, I think he missed a tackle tonight which was his first in about four weeks.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
I think most Broncos fans on here wanted Granville to get more game time in 2014, myself included. We had absolutely 0 spark come off the bench under Griffin.

The fact is even if Granville was still here I doubt he'd be getting a run anyway. I don't really rate McCullough very highly but the Broncos hierarchy seem to rate him very highly and he will be a permanent fixture in the team unless he is forced out by injury. Bennett also seems to rate Nikorima highly and sees him as part of the future of the club.

I think it's best then for Broncos, Granville and Cowboys now that Granville is at Cowboys.

I do hope that Parcell gets some kind of run this year. I know that McCullough is going better this year but I still don't rate him that highly.

hellteam

First Grade
http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/clubs-ipswich-flyer/

IPSWICH Jets flyer Carlin Anderson is at the centre of a fiery bidding war between as many as four NRL clubs who want to sign the teenager.

The Broncos, the Cowboys, the Rabbitohs and Manly are all reportedly interested in signing the 19-year-old with the former believed to have already offered Anderson a one-year deal for the 2016 season.

At 180cm with the ability to play fullback, wing or centre, Anderson is a prized asset for any side in need of quality outside backs.

I thought we had this guy signed. If not, we should. Seen plenty of him in Intrust Super Cup and he is impressive.

Dazzat

First Grade
In a good sign, the Broncos supply one half of the Junior Kangaroo spine - with Ashley Taylor and Jayden Berrell, as well as the top junior prop in the country Joe O.

And in other news, the two No. 9s Griffin refused to pick on the bench for the past two years - Granville and Baptiste - going gangbusters in their respective clubs, only highlighting what we knew all along about one former coaches selection policies.

Bronco18

Juniors
It is good to see Baptiste finding a home, he was always a talent. I remember watching him and Gagai carve it up in the U20s together, they were untouchable. It's a bit of a knife to the heart that they are now at other clubs.

Vaisefuder

Juniors
Seriously, Andrew Gee and Griffin's recruitment and retention during their tenure was almost catastrophic for the club. I'm so glad Lockyer and Bennett are in charge now.

AceAv

Juniors
I rkn.

i'm just amazed how they could be SO bad at it???

We the fans, who probably have never ever worked for a professional club were questioning a lot of decisions and making suggestions that we are finally seeing WB implement.

Just pissed me off so much seeing such clueless dum-shits managing the club.

Dazzat

First Grade
The only reason I can see for the club appointing Griffin was to honour a policy of internal promotion. Well that proved a minor disaster didn't it.

Going forward though, I would be totally OK if Kevin Walters takes over from Bennett whenever that may be.

gUt

Coach
I wonder whether Griffin's tenure changes anything about the way Henjack should be perceived

Latest posts