What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos Recruitment

Dazzat

First Grade
Well we're about two months on after the coach made the big announcement that the Broncs were in the market for a playmaker.

Not exactly a rush.

Maybe time to try a little marketing. How about promoting a Special Officer. Join the Broncos and get a free meal at Hogs Breathe every week. That should work.

unbreaK

Juniors
I'd poo my pants if we got Johnson and Locke, they aren't setting the world on fire at the moment but the amount of talent / potential between those 2 is insane.

1. Locke
2. Yow Yeh
3. Hodges
4. Reed
5. Hoffman
6. Hunt
7. Johnson
8. Hannant
9. McCullough/P.Wallace
10. Thaiday
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. P.Wallace/McCullough
15. McGuire
16. Hala
17. Anderson

Yes please.

Bretto

Bench
I'd poo my pants if we got Johnson and Locke, they aren't setting the world on fire at the moment but the amount of talent / potential between those 2 is insane.

1. Locke
2. Yow Yeh
3. Hodges
4. Reed
5. Hoffman
6. Hunt
7. Johnson
8. Hannant
9. McCullough/P.Wallace
10. Thaiday
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. P.Wallace/McCullough
15. McGuire
16. Hala
17. Anderson

Yes please.

Cracking team, IMO. Just put a little c next to Parker and it's complete.

DeeJ

Bench
Take this with a grain of salt, but I'm hearing from my source close to Red Hill that Kearney is using his connections to the NZ test team to try and lure Kevin Locke, Shaun Johnson and Feliti Mateo to Brisbane when they're off contract.

Tell your source that Mateo has never played for NZ.

AceAv

Juniors
I like that team bretto. Some1 give this man griffs advisory role!

Are we sure Anderson is our best option on the bench tho?

Penrose11

Juniors
Johnson still has another season to run on his contract and I could never see us letting him get out a year early. We'll make a huge play on him to keep him here for life IMO. Locke on the other hand, I'd not like to see him go but romours are about that he may not stick around after this season - especially with us making an overs play for Sam Tomkins. Time will tell I guess

unbreaK

Juniors
I like that team bretto. Some1 give this man griffs advisory role!

Are we sure Anderson is our best option on the bench tho?

Sif give Bretto credit for my team! And yeah I'm certainly not sold on Anderson.. just can't think of whoelse I'd have on the bench, Dodds, J.Wallace and Slyney are probably the other options.

Bretto

Bench
Haha. I was going to say something, but thought, hey, why not sit back and bask in it. :D

Bretto

Bench
I'm sure it's been discussed, but have you guys been watching Israel Falou? He looks big and strong in Union, and hasn't lost any of his ability to leap for the ball.

We should seriously open up the entire cheque book for this kid and lure him back to Brisbane. He is exactly what we need with Hodges nearing the end of his career.

Chainshada

Juniors
After hearing the comments about how Granville is/was used in QLD cup (Hooker while attacking, Fullback defending), does anyone think Hook may use this as a way to retain Norman?

When Norman is playing at his best at fullback, he's basically playing like a half anyway, but he has more time and space, so what I'm thinking is that maybe he doesn't like dropping back in defense or doing kick returns.

Insert Granville.

Norman plays fullback like a half, with his time/space, but Granville drops back in defense.