What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos team

PARRA_FAN

Coach
If we could match them in the forwards we'd go well

I mean the backs is ordinary, no doubt and no Lockyer means no direction, but still tough game against that pack of forwards.

As said before we've got to be switched on, ok some of other league fans might think we're in with a chance cause we've got a good record up there. But we've also lost our last two.

A good start means Brisbane will be frustrated. Put points on them early, no silly stuff early.

I still think Cannings should start, as Fui would be more lethal coming on after 20 minutes of giving it to the Brisbane forwards, however it wouldnt surprise if Hagan made that late change.

NT_Eelsfan

Juniors
Carroll won't play 5/8. He'll wear the number 6 and play lock. Hunt will wear the number 1 and play Five-Eighth. Boyd will wear the number 3 and play fullback. Bennett would have to be either stupid or desperate for Carroll to actually play 5/8, and he isn't either of those.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Nah that wouldnt surprise me, Bennett up to his tricks again.

He'll play 5/8 in defence, but play lock in attack. Same with Hunt and Boyd.

If we lose this I'll be dirty. Mainly cause Lockyer, Hodges and Tate are out. I mean whenever we lose to Brisbane I dont feel that gutted mainly cause last year we lost cause we did everything we could but had only 1 prop.

2003, no Cayless, Hindmarsh, Burt, led 14-10 I think with about 8 minutes to go and Lockyer comes up with a freakish play and wins the game for Brisbane.

I was still proud of the boys.

When was the last time we played Brisbane minus Lockyer.

lucablight

First Grade
Mr Saab said:
I hope TC smashes Finch and Smith with fair hard tackles around the ribs.
Actually, no....let them play, the Broncos are in with a chance with those 2 playing

:lol: The Broncos would take Tim Smith in a heartbeat if they could.

Parraren

Bench
It was only a week ago we were specials on a Monday night and had our pants pulled down by the Knights.

Having said that, if we are serious about being contenders this year we must win this game and win convincingly. No more hot one week cold the next....It's time to stand up and make a statement if we're serious.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Parraren said:
It was only a week ago we were specials on a Monday night and had our pants pulled down by the Knights.

Having said that, if we are serious about being contenders this year we must win this game and win convincingly. No more hot one week cold the next....It's time to stand up and make a statement if we're serious.

I agree Ren, that side is still far superior to the one Newcastle fielded the other night and we know what happened.

very very tough game.

Mr Saab

Referee
lucablight said:
:lol: The Broncos would take Tim Smith in a heartbeat if they could.

They have Peter Wallace now.
You can have Smith and his 20m grubber kicks from 10m out.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
gee this game will be a battle of the 5/8s

Benny has much manlub for Carroll and thinks he is Mr Fixit. He's hardly a playmaker, but neither is Finch

caylo

Bench
Mr Saab said:
They have Peter Wallace now.
You can have Smith and his 20m grubber kicks from 10m out.

You can have Wallace, and Ennis to. You bag out Timmy and he is better than anything you guys have had since Langer. Nice you picked up his 20 meter grubbers, funny enough his short kicking game is better than Lockyers. I guess you'll see the real difference between a real halfback and a pretend one (Ennis :lol: :lol: ) this week.

Mr Saab

Referee
Smith is better than Lockyer in no category...except having a better laranyx.
You laugh @ Ennis. He is no world beater, but since he has been there the Bronx have won 5 in a row.
I love watching Smith throw 20m cut out passes to the touch judge.

sooperdooper

First Grade
gee saab you obviously are not watching much footy this year...
broncos will play a running game... like they do every week!

either way no matter what line up they play the broncos are always tough to beat!

Kornstar

Coach
Parramatta are specails to lose this week, i have absolutely no confidence in us playing a side like Brisbane in they position they are in without Lockyer......i would actually be more confident if Lockyer were playing......

caylo

Bench
Mr Saab said:
Smith is better than Lockyer in no category...except having a better laranyx.
You laugh @ Ennis. He is no world beater, but since he has been there the Bronx have won 5 in a row.
I love watching Smith throw 20m cut out passes to the touch judge.

firstly it is spelt Larynx, and more specificly you are refering to the Laryngeal Prominance. (see i can use big medical words two)

Secondly im sure Ennis at 5-8 is the reason you have won 5 in a row, it wouldn't have anything to do with Hunt, Hodges, Lockyer, Civanoceva or Carroll. Lockyer gives you guys so much direction, all Ennis has to do is a supporting role, pass the ball to lockyer, on the odd occation actually do somthing. Unfortunalty he is without Lockyer, Hunt will have to move into the role because Ennis can't be chief playermaker. He doesn't have the skill, so don't even consider comparing him to timmy. Tim Smith short kicking game and passing game is just as good as Lockyers, he doesn't have the lockyer running or long kicking game. I am not suggesting he is better than Lockyer but for you to dismiss him s the bloke who throws 20 meter cut out passes into touch (which mind you I can remember him doin once). I'm going to be happy to sit here and watch, not say anything until after the match. You come back and give me your judgment of timmy then.

yy_cheng

Coach
Watch Petero this week. Everytime he gets the ball, you can bet Hindy is around to tackle him.

I've noticed in the past few weeks, Hindy likes to take on the Big Front Rowers in defense. Everytime Asotasi got, Hindy would be there to stop him. In the SOO, nearly Everytime Petero got it, Hindy would take him down.

When you watch this, you will realize that Hindy is actually physically quite big.

caylo

Bench
yy_cheng said:
Watch Petero this week. Everytime he gets the ball, you can bet Hindy is around to tackle him.

I've noticed in the past few weeks, Hindy likes to take on the Big Front Rowers in defense. Everytime Asotasi got, Hindy would be there to stop him. In the SOO, nearly Everytime Petero got it, Hindy would take him down.

When you watch this, you will realize that Hindy is actually physically quite big.

I actually did notice that, we often get Wagon to target the playmaker and try and stop him, but players like asotasi and civanoceva can bust the line with their runs, and when asotasi was running the ball hindy did take him down quickly on more than one occation. It is smart play by hindy because that relay halts the go forward by the opposition.

Bigfella

Coach
firstly it is spelt Larynx, and more specificly you are refering to the Laryngeal Prominance. (see i can use big medical words two)

LOL

Just the little ones you have difficulty with Caylo?

caylo

Bench
Bigfella said:
LOL

Just the little ones you have difficulty with Caylo?

well as a medical science student i have to know how to spell stuff for my exams, no-one said anything about the little words. Plus that was a grammer error not a spelling error. Two is actually spelt correctly i just spelt the wrong word. :D

Mr Saab

Referee
caylo said:

Secondly im sure Ennis at 5-8 is the reason you have won 5 in a row, it wouldn't have anything to do with Hunt, Hodges, Lockyer, Civanoceva or Carroll. Lockyer gives you guys so much direction, all Ennis has to do is a supporting role, pass the ball to lockyer, on the odd occation actually do somthing. Unfortunalty he is without Lockyer, Hunt will have to move into the role because Ennis can't be chief playermaker. He doesn't have the skill, so don't even consider comparing him to timmy. Tim Smith short kicking game and passing game is just as good as Lockyers, he doesn't have the lockyer running or long kicking game. I am not suggesting he is better than Lockyer but for you to dismiss him s the bloke who throws 20 meter cut out passes into touch (which mind you I can remember him doin once). I'm going to be happy to sit here and watch, not say anything until after the match. You come back and give me your judgment of timmy then.

Thankyou Dr Nick Riveria.
I am not saying Ennis is a superstar halfback, but it is a bloody strong coincidence that since he has been there the Broncos have looked like doing something.
Shane Perry...in the words of Borat "Not so much"
Tim Smith is as inconsisent as they get, but hey, you continue to show blind loyalty to him.
I am not saying the Bronx are morals this monday, but they have a bloody good show at beating the Eels even minus Lockyer.
You are happy to say nothing...then if you do win you will act like Gus Gould and say "I told yas back in April this will happen"