What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos v panthers

Kilkenny

Coach
Our performances against the Knights and Sharks were embarassing no doubt.

Tonight it was disappointing because we could and probably should have come away with the two points.

Steve Clark ruled a fair try a no try and that was a huge call.

At the end of the day our first 15 minutes of the second half was surely diabolical. Unforced errors from Waterhouse, Plum. Coote turned a 10-6 lead into a 14-10 deficit and we never looked liked getting back in the contest fromthere.

Yes blame ME that is convenient but I dont share that theory. Again this evening the players on the field stuffed up and we lost a game we had an opportunity to win. ME is not to blame for what happened on the field this evening, he may he at fault for his selections, game plan or lack ther off but not for the second half where again those on the field clearly stuffed up and were appalling.

Big Pete

Referee
Tough luck Penrith, had Walsh been available the result may have been different.

Steve Clark ruled a fair try a no try and that was a huge call.

Then you got given a try off about three forward passes in one set, I say it was all squared up.

Fibroman

First Grade
Once again Plum and Purtell, the ex Canberra connection had no impact and made mistake after mistake. I know others made mistakes too, but others also look dangerous in attack and dominate in defence at times. Let's face it the two P's never look like busting the line, offloading and causing a mistake with punishing defence.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Plum. What does he add exactly? I remember a few big tackles from him in his day's at Canberra. Without that he's not a first grader.

abpanther

Staff member
Yeah we didn't lose by much, but f**k me this team has become boring and painful to watch, is anyone else having this problem?

I mean in attack there is just no structure at all, no fluency, we're either relying on individual brilliance (Lewis running sideways, Jennings from dummy half) or we try to run second man plays that look horrendously ugly because the timing is off and there is no-one in the halves that generally threatens the line.

I blame out attack and lack of structure on Elliot, it's his job to put that in place, the difference between watching Manly and Souths in attack compared to us was astronomical.

Jennings is badly out of form, as are most in our team, but him in particular, he should not come into NSW contention, hell he's not even the best centre on our team at the moment.

Yeah Plum ain't the best but f**k me he adds some starch in defense, more than you can say for Trent Waterhouse who has become very soft in the past 18 months.

Burns and Kingston tried hard, but were always up against it.

I just wanna see a new coach, fresh structure and some fresh faces, this team looks very stale and unthreatening, many players look badly out of form (Lewis, Coote, etc) and to me it's a confidence thing and goes back to the coach

soc123_au

Staff member
The effort was there from the boys this week. Unfortunatly we are like a headless chicken, not acceptable from profesional players. Cant wait for Tuesday to see what the team is going to be for the Raiders game. Hopefully Suleni keeps his spot, we have a halfback & 3 boppers on the bench.

On a positive I thought Grant looked like he is finding some form & Bell didnt go too badly either.

lsta5838

Juniors
I agree with some of the comments here. I thought we actually overachieved in the first half, and were will in the position to go on with the game, but 'momentum killers' cost in the first part of the second half cost us again - Waterhouse's usual dropped balls, Coote dropping the bomb, not finding touch with a penalty.

A good coach is able to get these errors out of players games (or at least really minimise them) but we just seem to constantly make multiple stupid errors, especially in the first few games of the year bar the Parramatta game.

Big Mick

Referee
Tough luck Penrith, had Walsh been available the result may have been different.

Then you got given a try off about three forward passes in one set, I say it was all squared up.

And your last try was off 3 forward passes so its still one try.

Big Mick

Referee
Yes blame ME that is convenient but I dont share that theory. Again this evening the players on the field stuffed up and we lost a game we had an opportunity to win. ME is not to blame for what happened on the field this evening, he may he at fault for his selections, game plan or lack ther off but not for the second half where again those on the field clearly stuffed up and were appalling.

Then you are bloody wrong.

Sorry mate...but you are.

ME selected that rabble of crap. How you can expect all your forwards to play practically 80 minutes when the are not built for that means mistakes will happen due to fatigue.

Waterhouse should have been dropped last year for Christ sake. he has offered absolutely nothing for 18 months at least. He is a deadset marshmellow now and should be at Windsor for at least a month to get his sh*t together. And he shouldn't be retained either.

Plum and Purtell shouldn't be there either.

If Tahu needs match fitness, take a trip up the road to Windsor and give him a full 80 minutes! rather than 40 minutes for gods sake.

Selections are the reason for this loss. If you pick a team of monkey's you get peanuts.

Tuamata should have been half, Kingston should have been hooker with Nafe substituting and Masada eating a hot dog at Windsor.

Big Pete

Referee
And your last try was off 3 forward passes so its still one try.

Our last try was off a kick.

If you're calling the passes in the Beale try forward, you need to get your eyes checked.

The Keating one was blatant, the hands were directed forward off Grant and the other passes were all suspect.

Last edited:

Latest posts