What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bryce Cartwright gone

mxlegend99

Referee
They suggest the club was never expecting him to kick on. But how the f**k could he when the coach wouldn't let him develop in his natural position? He shouldnt be wasting time training to play half

If we lost a half mid game. Fair enough. Put him at 6 for the remainder. But this was going to be his third season under Hook and he has spent more time at 6 than anywhere else. What chance did he ever have? Take Yeo or CHN and dump them at 6... I guarantee they struggle more than Cartwright ever did.

Last edited:

OldPanther

Coach
Before I disagreed with some stuff from Griffin but now I just hate him as coach. He turned what would have been NSW best forward into the joke of the league. I don't know how you do this DELIBERATELY!!

franklin2323

Immortal
Before I disagreed with some stuff from Griffin but now I just hate him as coach. He turned what would have been NSW best forward into the joke of the league. I don't know how you do this DELIBERATELY!!

Has Bryce shown anything to suggest he can make 30 odd tackles and 10-15 hit ups?

His problem was and still might be his best games were 8 or 9 out of 10 his worst though were 4 or 5 out of 10. Maybe 20 or the 60 games he played were those good ones

I don't agree he was a 5/8th but he could of stayed and worked back. A fit and firing Cartwright walks into our team by round 5 he would of been in the team.

OldPanther

Coach
Has Bryce shown anything to suggest he can make 30 odd tackles and 10-15 hit ups?

His problem was and still might be his best games were 8 or 9 out of 10 his worst though were 4 or 5 out of 10. Maybe 20 or the 60 games he played were those good ones

I don't agree he was a 5/8th but he could of stayed and worked back. A fit and firing Cartwright walks into our team by round 5 he would of been in the team.

I get most of that but the bold doesn't happen if the coach is going to only consider him in a position that doesn't suit him. Griffin had the same at the Broncos from what I've heard.

Pomoz

Bench

He regularly did 30+ tackles. he missed a few, but he made plenty.

franklin2323

Immortal
He regularly did 30+ tackles. he missed a few, but he made plenty.

And the line running. The hard stuff I mean coming off our line? He should never of played 5/8th in the lower grades. He has got the 13 now so needs a year or so of only playing that position.

Yeo had a season of not playing centres and improved so much. Let's hope the same happens here

franklin2323

Immortal
I get most of that but the bold doesn't happen if the coach is going to only consider him in a position that doesn't suit him. Griffin had the same at the Broncos from what I've heard.

He debuted at 18 in NSW Cup.. As a half so it goes right back

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Bryce the Titan said:
If I was to improve as a player and get to where I want to be this was the best place to do it.
Gallen turned lock into a prop, Bryce might turn it back to a ball player.

I will be watching with much interest.

mxlegend99

Referee
And the line running. The hard stuff I mean coming off our line? He should never of played 5/8th in the lower grades. He has got the 13 now so needs a year or so of only playing that position.

Yeo had a season of not playing centres and improved so much. Let's hope the same happens here
Why do you expect that of Carty when no other forward does it? Hard stuff coming off our line? Thats the back 3 doing that... our gorwards havent done shit aside from RCG and Yeo.

franklin2323

Immortal
Why do you expect that of Carty when no other forward does it? Hard stuff coming off our line? Thats the back 3 doing that... our gorwards havent done shit aside from RCG and Yeo.

Which is why we don't win against the good teams. He has played plenty of halves in juniors. Maybe he is a half he needs a run in a position fullstop to go from there

mxlegend99

Referee
Which is why we don't win against the good teams. He has played plenty of halves in juniors. Maybe he is a half he needs a run in a position fullstop to go from there
Deadset. Hes not a f**king half and using him as one is the reason he has become a joke and has fans thinking hes not atop 17 player. Thats 100% on Hook.

bebo

Juniors
Not sure how you get your info but he payed lock in Harold Mathews and S G Ball and did play 6 in his second year of ball ocasionally other than that he has not played in the halves Griffenand Goild have crucified this bloke no doubt

franklin2323

Immortal
Not sure how you get your info but he payed lock in Harold Mathews and S G Ball and did play 6 in his second year of ball ocasionally other than that he has not played in the halves Griffenand Goild have crucified this bloke no doubt

The game he scored his 1st NRL try he was playing 5/8th. He has been moved plenty of time

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    121.7 KB · Views: 8

Blade23

Juniors
My 2 cents on the recent reasons the media are claiming Carty left. For a moment ignoring the other reasons of death threats and personal problems.

Him leaving because he is viewed as a half. With Maloney now at the club and with a fit Tyrone May plus the option of Jarome Luai. You would think Carty in the halves here this season would not happen.

The second story of him being worried about reduced minutes or playing reserve grade well shouldn't that motivate the player to fulfil his potential and have a good year to demand more minutes?

I don't know what really went on but I don't buy the 2 stories of viewed as a half or playing reduced minutes.

OldPanther

Coach
My 2 cents on the recent reasons the media are claiming Carty left. For a moment ignoring the other reasons of death threats and personal problems.

Him leaving because he is viewed as a half. With Maloney now at the club and with a fit Tyrone May plus the option of Jarome Luai. You would think Carty in the halves here this season would not happen.

The second story of him being worried about reduced minutes or playing reserve grade well shouldn't that motivate the player to fulfil his potential and have a good year to demand more minutes?

I don't know what really went on but I don't buy the 2 stories of viewed as a half or playing reduced minutes.

Griffin likes big halves (according to Brisbane fans) and Carty's natural ball skills would be tempting for any coach. It might not be the reason but it is plausible.

Latest posts