What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bryce Gibbs insults Hannant

Eels Dude

Coach
:?

Has Ennis ever sledged someone over religion?

If not, I don't really see the relevance. And at least Ennis being a grub and sledger uses his brain somewhat, Gibbs simply doesn't have one.

The relevance is the emphasis put on the term 'religion'. Like sledging in regards to religion is worth than other sledges. You clearly have missed something here. But keep it up. It's not the first time you've done it, nor the last.

The General

Juniors
The relevance is the emphasis put on the term 'religion'. Like sledging in regards to religion is worth than other sledges. You clearly have missed something here. But keep it up. It's not the first time you've done it, nor the last.

Under the NRL Anti Vilification laws a religious sledge is worse than other sledges, otherwise it wouldn't have been investigated to begin with. So what Gibbs is alleged to have done is worse then anything Ennis has ever been accused of.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:lol: Not surprising someone okaying sledging is sledging other forummers. Well in Eels Dude, you're a hero.

bubbles, "no worse sledger/disgraceful player in the game"? :lol:

:lol: Not surprising someone okaying sledging is sledging other forummers. Well in Eels Dude, you're a hero.

bubbles, "no worse sledger/disgraceful player in the game"? :lol:

Timmah, I am not sledging other forumers here at all.

Just trying to make you see my opinion re Hannant.

Eels Dude

Coach
Under the NRL Anti Vilification laws a religious sledge is worse than other sledges, otherwise it wouldn't have been investigated to begin with. So what Gibbs is alleged to have done is worse then anything Ennis has ever been accused of.

If that's the case, so be it, but none of us live by what the NRL declares as acceptable or not. It's not a binding clause that we have to accept it as fans nor do the players. It's not a matter of what is worse... It's a matter of personal opinion.

The General

Juniors
If that's the case, so be it, but none of us live by what the NRL declares as acceptable or not. It's not a binding clause that we have to accept it as fans nor do the players. It's not a matter of what is worse... It's a matter of personal opinion.

Yes they do otherwise they will have to face certain consequences. Agree with it or not Gibbs' alleged sledge was against the laws of the game and he crossed the line of what is considered acceptable during a game of football. If he wants to trash religion out on the street in his personal life then so be it, but on the field he has to abide by certain rules.

In saying all that I'm a big believer of what happens on the field should stay on the field. The media has blown this way out of proportion. Hannant got fired up during a game, wanted to sort it out there and then and then left it alone once he got in the sheds. It's ridiculous to call him a sook. Players get fired up every single game and you would bet most of it would be over sledges much less personal than a religious taunt. This is just an excuse for alot of people to jump on the religion bashing bandwagon.

gronkathon

First Grade
Why have the NRL not pursued this than?

Maybe because they hold themselves to a higher standard of evidence than Weidler saying "a bloke in the know told me what someone was told by someone who is good mates with the Bulldogs trainer"

The General

Juniors
Why have the NRL not pursued this than?

Maybe because they hold themselves to a higher standard of evidence than Weidler saying "a bloke in the know told me what someone was told by someone who is good mates with the Bulldogs trainer"

They did pursue it. Bit hard to do anything when there is no concrete evidence and Hannant and the Bulldogs didn't want to go on with it.

Anyways, the issue should have been buried once the game was over. It's stupid that this turned into labelling Hannant as a sook and a chance to bash religion.

gronkathon

First Grade
Thats what I am saying. There is no concrete evidence but Weidler can get away with dragging this out longer with heresay as some sort of proof of how "in the know" he is. The NRL at least uses proper rules for evidence regardless of how I feel they have handled this situation generally.

Hannant is not a sook . He wanted it left on the field.

The NRL with this PC rubbish and doing so in the media for the sake of seeming transparent is counter productive.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
If what Weidler claimed was said by Gibbs is correct...honestly I've heard more insulting things in a schoolyard, FFS.

The General

Juniors
The NRL with this PC rubbish and doing so in the media for the sake of seeming transparent is counter productive.

Not necessarily. The NRL has to protect their product. If it came out that they hadn't investigated this issue then it would make it look like they condone that sort of behavior. Yes, they had a safety net knowing that there more then likely wouldn't be enough evidence to charge Gibbs. But at least this way it allows them to reinforce what they consider acceptable behavior on the field.

Last edited:

Schiltzenberger

Juniors
Children??? C'mon the old "Hows your wife and my kids' is a great sledge in a scrum!!!!!!!

I don't know who'd bother with it now though as there is a brilliant comeback for it.
An Aussie cricketer said it to Botham and he replied "the wife's fine, but the kids are geniused":D

As for Hannant he deserves to be made fun of, like all religious people.

IanG

Coach
as a christian i gotta say non religious people shouldnt comment on this

Well what if it was him or another player who is publicly revealed to be deeply religious sledging an opponent for being an Atheist? Or there was that time PJ Marsh instigated a team bonding session by them going to church. What if a team mate refused to take part because he's an atheist?

Any player who is stupid enough to be a godgobber and believe in all the gods muck and jehova jiving jesus junk deserve all the ridicule they get from other players.
All this religious malarky is getting way out of hand.
We now have some teams even holding these rediculous prayer gatherings on the field.
This crap should be banned outright.
Nothing ever comes good from this religous stuff.
Eventually it will lead to out and out bloodshed as each religious mob and their supporters tear into each other like the maniacs that these entities are.
People in sport are being murdered in other parts of the world because of their religious carry on.
And Hannant needs to man up and stop whinging like a baby just over a few words.

renouf

Juniors
religion is what it is.. bullsh*t.. but.. we live in a world that is dominated by it. Players lke Gibbs should just be told to keep their mouths shut..

nqcowboy87

Bench
Any player who is stupid enough to be a godgobber and believe in all the gods muck and jehova jiving jesus junk deserve all the ridicule they get from other players.
All this religious malarky is getting way out of hand.
We now have some teams even holding these rediculous prayer gatherings on the field.
This crap should be banned outright.
Nothing ever comes good from this religous stuff.
Eventually it will lead to out and out bloodshed as each religious mob and their supporters tear into each other like the maniacs that these entities are.
People in sport are being murdered in other parts of the world because of their religious carry on.
And Hannant needs to man up and stop whinging like a baby just over a few words.

you are a tool, a massive, massive tool:roll:

stormbati

Bench
Mate this is a Rugby League forum. Don't say nothing good ever comes from it when you don't have a clue.
Why is believing in god any less sane than believing that we are decsendants of monkeys or came from a big bang?
Ur quick to ridicule others beliefs, what do you believe in mate?

Latest posts