What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buderus linked with return to Newcastle

rnb11

Juniors
Buderus confirmed it yesterday that he would return next year saying "it was too good of an opportunity to turn down."

Withers, Seu Seu and Tongue possible replacements.

Big Tim

First Grade
I still dont see how we can trade other clubs players for Bedsy to come here next year

I think you are taking the word trade a little to literally.

The way I see it is, they are willing to release Bedsy if they can can secure another, worthwhile player to take his place.

Doesnt matter where he comes from, as long as they get him.

jonno_knights

Juniors
We are basically like one of those professional shoppers all the famous people have. Leeds want a replacement player, and It sounds like we are doing the hard work to try and negotiate one. Our payment is Buderus being released from the final year of his contract.

So it sounds like Leeds just dont wont be left high and dry without a hooker/backup hooker for 2012, which is fair enough.

RHCP

Bench
I still ask... Is he really required? Do we really need him on the field?
Don't you think having a cool old head like Bedsy on the field yesterday when we all went to shit would've been advantageous?

Is it absolutely vital we get him? No, but I think it will be worth it.

Unless he is Orford rather than Tuqiri, which is just as likely now that I think about it. I certainly don't think signing Bedsy will be a negative move.

Big Tim

First Grade
Happy to have Bedsy back Alex.

Need over desire? Not sure. We will find out though as we dont have a current first grade experienced hooker in our team other than Hilder who we all agree is a stop-gap solution.

perverse

Referee
"required" and "need" are very strong words. "would like", "may be of benefit", "can't do much harm" are probably more appropriate. it's been a long time since De Gois did anything of particular note (he's been ok, but he's nothing fantastic), we have Gids and a couple of really sharp looking kids coming through.

after seeing us capitulate under pressure yet again in the warriors match, i can't see how we don't need a few more leaders in the playing group, particularly with Doogs on the way out. it's obviously a big problem that we have, and to have another bloke around that players will bleed for can't be too bad for us. i'm warming to the idea, i can see where the benefit will come from, even if it isn't entirely on the field.

Alex28

Coach
Off the field - have no problems with him being involved. Can still be influential from the sidelines.

On the field...if Issac looked slow out there against the Warriors I can't see how Danny is going to be any quicker. We have Kurt where we really don't have a spot for him at the moment with Boyd, Mullen and Stig filling in the rest of the spine.

Get him involved in the club, but off the field.

Latest posts