What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buderus should have been sent off

ShadesOfTheSun

Juniors
The problem then being that a judiciary often spends hours deliberating in order to discern whether an action is worth a 4 + week suspension, whether it is worth only a 1, or whether it is not punishable at all. The referee, with a far more limited view of the incident in question, isn't in a position to effectively rule on how bad the incident was in a far more limited time frame. Unless he is certain that an incident was deliberate, or if it caused serious injury to the player on the receiving end, he can not and should not send that player off for the offense.

As I have said before, Buderus didn't spear on purpose. The tackle left the Manly player unhurt, though shaken. It wasn't a sending off offense.

If the tackle was clearly a 4 + week offense, we wouldn't be discussing whether Buderus could still be playing in the finals. We are speculating about the judiciary's take on it because we're not certain what will turn up.

greeneyed

First Grade
I think it is very clear. Awful tackle. Deserves to be out for a long time, especially given he has carryover points.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
ShadesOfTheSun said:
The problem then being that a judiciary often spends hours deliberating in order to discern whether an action is worth a 4 + week suspension, whether it is worth only a 1, or whether it is not punishable at all. The referee, with a far more limited view of the incident in question, isn't in a position to effectively rule on how bad the incident was in a far more limited time frame. Unless he is certain that an incident was deliberate, or if it caused serious injury to the player on the receiving end, he can not and should not send that player off for the offense.

As I have said before, Buderus didn't spear on purpose. The tackle left the Manly player unhurt, though shaken. It wasn't a sending off offense.

If the tackle was clearly a 4 + week offense, we wouldn't be discussing whether Buderus could still be playing in the finals. We are speculating about the judiciary's take on it because we're not certain what will turn up.

Good points. What I am getting at is that I am basically tired of referee's using the 'report' system as a way to get out of making a tough decision. But I agree, it is always going to be difficult to send someone off for a spear tackle. Case in point Luke MacDougall last year against the Scum. His spear tackle on Minichiello was the worst tackle I've ever seen.

spider

Coach
Hamstead's performance was disgraceful
Buderus's tackle was disgraceful
Kennedy's dive over the top after the fact was disgraceful

But most of all - the judicial outcome of the tackle will be the biggest disgrace.

J-Lo Jolie

Juniors
Knightmare said:
I agree. George Carmont should never have been sent off, just Travis Burns for that blatant offence, and in the incident you're talking about, Bedsy and BK should both have got 10 in the bin, no more need be said. Other than that, Simpkins reffed fairly well tonight compared to some of the tripe we've seen this year.

Tell me.. what game were you watching??

Hampstead was the referee!

Red Bear

Referee
IanRitchie said:
A month minimum.

Disgraceful. And how Manly deserved to go one player down afterwards is beyond me.
Cos it was a bad tackle but not deemed send off material. As opposed to Kennedy who was in the refs ear all night whinging etc, then runs in over his won teammate, escelating the situation. Good decision. Buderus shouldnt play again this season however.

Manly players are whingers and grubs (burns, dunley, kennedy). Can see that the Toovey influence is going strong.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
greeneyed said:
for that spear tackle on Robertson. Disgraceful. At least 4 weeks on the sideline for it.

Ironic Kennedy gets binned for coming in late with the elbow... while Buderus gets off scott free for an AWFUL spear tackle.

It was a poor tackle but not bad enough to be a send off.

Gene Krupa

Referee
t-ba said:
"It's not his go"

Buderus' go is yelling at the ref even though he isn't the captain. Duuh!!

He must go. God Newcastle have some severe discipline issues...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That's laughable from a fan of a team who had two players sent to the bin in a crucial game!

skeepe

Immortal
Knightmare said:
I agree. George Carmont should never have been sent off, just Travis Burns for that blatant offence, and in the incident you're talking about, Bedsy and BK should both have got 10 in the bin, no more need be said. Other than that, Simpkins reffed fairly well tonight compared to some of the tripe we've seen this year.

Comedy genius!

No wait... you were serious?

f**k me dead you're a moron. Carmont was third man in... if you believe Kennedy should have gone, then Carmont almost certainly should have. The only person who did not deserve binning in that incident was Burns. Sure, penalise him for what little he did, but he did not deserve to go. In fact, he had not, under the rules of the game, committed a binnable offence. Carmont had by running in and throwing the first punch.

If you think Hampstead had a good game... you are the most biased person I have ever met. Hampstead quite clearly reffed Manly out of the game. Buderus should have been sent off for that potential neck breaker on Robertson. He must get 12 weeks minimum for that.

Carney was quite clearly held at the end before he got up and went again. Newcastle got a hell of a lot of penalties they shouldn't have got, while they should have conceded a hell of a lot more than they did. Newcastle were dirty all game, and the inferior team. Andrew Johns is the biggest diver in the game after that disgraceful effort.

Quite simply, what we saw tonight was a crime against rugby league. Sean Hampstead had, quite possibly, the worst refereeing performance I have ever seen. What made it worse was the fact that he favoured one team. Newcastle got so much favouritism it's almost criminal. And Manly could be out of the finals as a result. What a joke.

caylo

Bench
IanRitchie said:
Disgraceful. And how Manly deserved to go one player down afterwards is beyond me.

totally disagree.... Kennedy was stupid, he came in and dropped the elbow at budderous head, Kennedy had intent to hurt som1, budderous didn't. while buds should get 4-6 weeks at lest, i think kennedy should get atlest 2-3 weeks for strikingfor that stupidity. as the captain you expect more from him to, i call for him to be sent to the bin straight away.

caylo

Bench
skeepe said:
Comedy genius!

No wait... you were serious?

f**k me dead you're a moron. Carmont was third man in... if you believe Kennedy should have gone, then Carmont almost certainly should have. The only person who did not deserve binning in that incident was Burns. Sure, penalise him for what little he did, but he did not deserve to go. In fact, he had not, under the rules of the game, committed a binnable offence. Carmont had by running in and throwing the first punch.

If you think Hampstead had a good game... you are the most biased person I have ever met. Hampstead quite clearly reffed Manly out of the game. Buderus should have been sent off for that potential neck breaker on Robertson. He must get 12 weeks minimum for that.

Carney was quite clearly held at the end before he got up and went again. Newcastle got a hell of a lot of penalties they shouldn't have got, while they should have conceded a hell of a lot more than they did. Newcastle were dirty all game, and the inferior team. Andrew Johns is the biggest diver in the game after that disgraceful effort.

Quite simply, what we saw tonight was a crime against rugby league. Sean Hampstead had, quite possibly, the worst refereeing performance I have ever seen. What made it worse was the fact that he favoured one team. Newcastle got so much favouritism it's almost criminal. And Manly could be out of the finals as a result. What a joke.
Thats what i thought at first look, but his opposite winger never played the whistle, he was not held at anystage, and the tackler simply fell off him thinking the tackled had been complete.... his own falt fair try

nqboy

First Grade
caylo said:
Thats what i thought at first look, but his opposite winger never played the whistle, he was not held at anystage, and the tackler simply fell off him thinking the tackled had been complete.... his own falt fair try
I only saw it live and one replay but I thought Carney submitted to the tackle, thus completing it under the rules. Certainly, the tackler should have played the whistle but it looked like another Bumstead error to me.

strewth_mate

Bench
I don't think you'll get many arguments from Knights fans saying that Buderus' tackle wasn't very dodgy and that he shouldn't be looking at time on the sidelines.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Spear tackles should be a sending off offence, deliberate or not. They can cause more damage, they get longer suspensions and we need to get them out of the game. Many high tackles are instinctive rather than deliberate yet we still see people walk for them. For me the line should be if a tackler drives the player downwards after his legs are lifted. Buderus clearly drives the Manly player head first. He should have walked and Manly benefitted from his foul play instead of the team Newcastle play next.

Also noticed alot of the penalties Newcastle were given at the play of the ball were due to the Newcastle player taking steps forward as they were getting up to play it. Perry was worst culprit but plenty of them were doing it. Have we thrown out the "moving off the mark" penalty in the game?

MC DUI

Juniors
parra-matters said:
Worse refereeing performance in NRL histroy!
Was baised towards Newcastle all night.
Manly were the better team and were played out of the game by hampstead.
What a f**king joke u moron, you did not watch the game I watched.

Manly were all over the Knights players in every single tackle from the beginning of the match. They should of had a player sin binned when the Knights made that break right before halftime. Get a clue. :roll:

nothing in it, good solid tackle, that barely went above the horizontal, it was a very soft spear tackle, if it is one

2 weeks absolute max
----------------------------
He Sent George Carmont off, because ???, and he didnt look like he was gunna send the manly player, off until, the manly player backchatted, the ref, was just about to blow a penalty without sending him to the bin, and the manly player shoved the player over than punched him in the face

very discgraceful performance

MC DUI said:
What a f**king joke u moron, you did not watch the game I watched.

Manly were all over the Knights players in every single tackle from the beginning of the match. They should of had a player sin binned when the Knights made that break right before halftime. Get a clue. :roll:

i rekon, he has nfi

biased towards newcastle, ok i agree with that :roll:

carmont got sin binned for doing nothing, possibly running in the break it up, or stick up for his team-mates, he did not get a punch in

whilst the manly player, pushed over the knights dummy half, then punched him in the face for no reason, and hampstead didnt even put him in the bin, and he wasnt going too, until the manly player backchatted

Stranger

Coach
:lol:
12 weeks Skeepe? And i bet you were one of the Canberra fans crying foul when Wolford was suspended for his spear tackle?
It was a solid tackle that went wrong. He deserves to be suspended no doubt. 12 weeks is laughable.

Skeepe, have you ever said a good word about the knights? I severely doubt it, you bitch and moan about the knights more than R69 about Johns, you are an embarrassment to yourself. Get off Ur hate wagon and actually watch the game...