What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bugs/Errors Thread

Goleel

Juniors
The crowds are definitely dynamic, try playing as Souths for a season and you'll see a lot of empty stadiums.

Briza

Juniors
I love the game, but this is really pissing me off big time.

You put on a massive hit and the attacking player loses the ball forward, and 9 outta ten the ref says play on - the attacking team regathers the ball and scores???
One major f**k up, and has cost me plenty of wins!!. #-o

mikey79

Juniors
Just one more to add to the list... :x

This one occurred after trying to fix the fact my game keeps going into "safe mode" for no reason - which is a bug in itself! (Refer to the following thread)

Basically I ended up at a point where my gamepad wouldn't work at all with the game, however it would work in all other games / XP diagnostics etc... Each and every time I would try to set the gamepad settings within the game it would simply crash back to Windows with no error or anything!

In the end I got around this by removing the "control.db" file under the "db" directory and then restarting the game... This must have forced the game to reset its control configuration and let me back into that area with no problem...

System specs are as follows for SIDHE if they read this and need to know...

Windows XP Pro SP1
DirectX 9.0b

Athlon 1Ghz
512MB RAM

GeForce 3 Ti 200 64MB
SoundBlaster PCI 128
Microsoft Sidewinder Gamepad

Just on a general note this would have to be one of the most bug riddled games I have ever played, but nevertheless I still love it - ONLY cos it's rugby league and ONLY cos we haven't had a game for this sport for nearly 8 years!

But, seriously I think the game was forced to be out by Xmas - it must have been a requirement put on the guys... There is no way they wouldn't have known the pathetic state of some parts of the game...

What is beyond me is why they didn't ask for public beta testers? I'm sure they would have had a HUGE response to such a program... And this would have helped SIDHE concentrate on just development + have other people working out what was wrong in the game for them!

Things like the send off / sin bin situation are simply UNFINISHED... There could be no way that the guy programming that area of the game wouldn't have known that the right animation / commentary weren't gonna happen... There are issues that really need to be addressed immediately and should a patch not be released I would be bitterly disappointed...

But on the plus side we have to remember this isn't a huge, ignorant company like EA we are dealing with here, but a small company that seems dedicated to make contact with the users directly and seems dedicated to help these people get the most out of their game...

Lets hope they don't disappoint me! [-o<

Moffo

Referee
Goleel said:
The crowds are definitely dynamic, try playing as Souths for a season and you'll see a lot of empty stadiums.

Try playing as the Dogs. Doesn't matter if im playing Castleford or the Eels, there will be the same measly crowd there of about 10,000

It was something i was looking forward to in the game, and for mine, not enough time went into it

Cheers,
Moffo

Dover

Juniors
Thought of 2 more

1) CHASING A BALL INTO IN-GOAL
If the opposition put a chip through into the in-goal and you want your fullback to watch it go dead - u can't stop him from going after the ball. So he picks it up 30cm from the dead ball line and runs it dead :roll: That's annoying

2) RETURN KICKS FROM KICKOFF
This is amusing for a while and was done on Aus v GB - 3rd level.

When the opposition kick off run to their line and put in a long kick down field before being tackled. Then hit the sprint button. I have re-gathered and scored EVERY TIME without fail.

Don't know if it happens on legend or god mode though- haven't tried it yet

DRRRAGONS

Juniors
1) CHASING A BALL INTO IN-GOAL
If the opposition put a chip through into the in-goal and you want your fullback to watch it go dead - u can't stop him from going after the ball. So he picks it up 30cm from the dead ball line and runs it dead :roll: That's annoying

Not to mention the sideline as well,

The thing that pisses me off the most is the forward passes from the ruck, I play with the saints and Blacklock is always in front of the dummy half, I usually just take the tackle when he is around the ruck.

I mean that kick off corner thing is just bullsh@t, getting stuck and you can't continue as well,

What were you doing all this time ??

Wasn't the graphcs that's for sure

You should have ironed out these bugs first and added in some more mangement mode. Then it would have been passable, as it is, you would have just got away with this junk 10 years ago!!!!!

NPK

Bench
some more things:

Quite a few times at kickoffs, the ball has been caught on the full and Vossy says "could have done anything, that bounce."

The referee sometimes calls things too early. eg. he calls for the handover before the tackle has been completed.

The not being able to let the ball go dead or into touch issue is annoying too.

After scrums, the halfback runs straight though the scrum to get to the other side..looks funny :lol:

When I was playing the computer, one of their players ran straight through my fullback - he didn't even try to tackle him!

Another time when i was defending, my AI controlled fullback was loitering in the ingoal area when someone ran in for a try....what the?!

In one game, I attempted a field goal that missed but was caught on the full ingoal by the other team. it went to a 20m restart...I thought it maybe should have been play on?

Last night I was playing (on PC) and I attempted a field goal, the ref blew his whistle and the game minimised and disappeared.

bulldog

Bench
Richard Swain was sent off after scoring a try for NZ against me in God mode , they scored on the 4th tackle 2min into a 5 min 1st half and he did not come back on . A quick e-mail and a very fast response from David at HES said they could not gaurantee a patch? If thats the case I'll be expecting a full refund from somebody , this game is awesome but I'm very sorry it is also incomplete . :(

Hurriflatch

Referee
There is a way to allow the ball to go over keep changing players and moving them away from the ball till it goes over.

one problem with this is in league god mode I tried it and Dane Carlaw ended up racing through for a try to win the Origin series and stop me getting the Sidhe team. :)

I've got to agree with Bulldog the game (ps2 version) seems kinda incomplete not sure if that had anything to do with the inital rejection from Sony and sidhe needing to spend more time fixing these issues then spending polishing off the game.

Still a very good game but when you lose because of a bug in the game it does get annoying

AxeJuggler

Juniors
I dont know if anyone has said this one before, but i was at a scrum and my team the sharks fed the ball, but for some reason Brett Kimmorley fed the bal the wrong way and he got it from the other side of the scrum, if you get what i mean, I dont really care because i got the ball back, i just thought it looked kinda funny, and it shouldnt of happend

Azkatro

First Grade
Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure I managed to exploit a sinbinning. John Buttigieg did a high tackle and I thought ... maybe I'll sub him and some other forward off owing that it was a lazy tackle, so I did. Then the ref tells Butts he's off for 10. Buttigieg and the other guy went off and two came back onto the pitch. I checked the Interchange and still had 13 in the list.

On top of all this Butts happily came back on after his time in the bin so I'm pretty sure I had 14 on the field! Has anyone else tried this?

Dover

Juniors
Hurriflatch said:
There is a way to allow the ball to go over keep changing players and moving them away from the ball till it goes over.

Tried that a while ago - didn't work - the A1 just goes after the ball anyway!!

buster bunny

Juniors
Im currently having a few problems where whenever one of my players gets injured it crashes to the desktop. It also does this when I attempt to delete one of my created teams. One more annoying bug is that sometimes the ball seems to pop out of the scrum before its even put in causing the game to crash. Anyone solve any similar problems cause they are really affecting the enjoyment of the game?

NPK

Bench
Azkatro said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure I managed to exploit a sinbinning. John Buttigieg did a high tackle and I thought ... maybe I'll sub him and some other forward off owing that it was a lazy tackle, so I did. Then the ref tells Butts he's off for 10. Buttigieg and the other guy went off and two came back onto the pitch. I checked the Interchange and still had 13 in the list.

On top of all this Butts happily came back on after his time in the bin so I'm pretty sure I had 14 on the field! Has anyone else tried this?

Yea, I did that with Devere yesterday. I subbed him after he did a high tackle, he got sent for 10, I checked straight after and he was on the bench, so I subbed him back in, and he came back after his sinbinning so in theory there were 2 of him on the field! :lol:

Just got the game today. It's pretty good.
Playing NRL season as Parra on Seasoned level, got to Round4 v's the Bulldogs late in the 2nd half they led 12-10 and I was attacking in their 30mtr line and then the games just crashed back to desktop, there was about 1min to go so now I have to play the game all over again.! :evil:
If it happens regularly then I miss be a bit pissed off to say the least.
My pc is only 3mths old so it shouldn't be that so there is a another bug to add to the list.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
buster bunny said:
Im currently having a few problems where whenever one of my players gets injured it crashes to the desktop.

That has happened to me too. And it mainly happens when my created player is injured.

Alan Shore

First Grade
Azkatro said:

Yeah, I found that out too. Paus and interchange the offender just before the whistle or jsut after it's blown and you still have 13 on the park.

One minor annoying thing is how, when interchaning players, they always run to half way to come off the field and the game pauses for it. IRL it's just play on as normal.

Freak

Juniors
Not sure if this has been informed already, but one enoying bug is when you get a penalty just before half or fulltime and you kick for the line and don't get a final play. Just goes straight to the break.
Not happy Jan!!
Apart from that I can put up with the rest of the inconsistancies.

Briza

Juniors
There are quite a few bugs, but the longer you play - you can find a few ways around them.

Latest posts