What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulldogs attack Saints over perceived "lock-out" at Kogarah

Deacon

First Grade
Go f*ck yourself. I paid top dollar for my Kogarah membership because I love watching my team there. ANZ is rubbish and I refuse to go there outside of finals matches, the place sucks......

We just spent millions upgrading the capacity and facilities, the crowds come back in numbers and once we fill the joint you geniuss want to play somewhere else.

Amen Ribs, why would we want to move the game, Doust finally has made a favourable decision for the Club, Corporates, members and fans and in the process also has kept the home ground advantage and hasn't jeopardised the clubs chance of obtaining future grants for further redevelopment of the ground which might one day take it the capacity to 30k

:lol::lol: Bulldog fans have been buying tickets for this game for the past month (Up on the Kennel and other forums)... I will guarantee atleast 30% of the crowd will be Bulldog fans, with thousands more not being able to buy tickets.

Agree at least 30% will be Dogs supporters, but to those who've missed out on tickets its only there own fault no one elses

ouwet

Bench
Agree at least 30% will be Dogs supporters, but to those who've missed out on tickets its only there own fault no one elses

I agree with that... The people who missed out, it's your own fault.
NRL fans in general wait till the last minute in deciding whether to go or not, hopefully people will start to change that way of thinking and start buying tickets early or better yet, memberships!!!

sting

Bench
This is why it should be held at ANZ.

you have no idea....... at least give yourself a tiny bit of credability and suggest SFS.

But why capitalise on a derby between 2 Sydney sides which should be getting 40k+ when we can cling hopelessly to tradition? I mean its just not the footy if there isn't a grass hill. :roll:

haha i wouldn't expect melbourne fans to know anything at all about tradition.

and sc, you have no idea....... at least give yourself a tiny bit of credibility and suggest SFS.

Deacon

First Grade
I agree with that... The people who missed out, it's your own fault.
NRL fans in general wait till the last minute in deciding whether to go or not, hopefully people will start to change that way of thinking and start buying tickets early or better yet, memberships!!!

Yes memberships are easily the best way to guarantee your seat and the future of the clubs will heavily rely on it, just look at the English Premier League for example games at clubs Tottenham and Newcastle by no means the biggest teams, there grounds are always full and all of the seats are members, Spurs even have 15,000 people waiting for seats, that would be great if the NRL ending up like that

ouwet

Bench
That loon Rothfield is trying to drum up contrroversy on the Terror website demanding that the game should be moved from Kogarah.

Rothfield is a tosser! He never posts any of my emails on this Blog LOL even though i don't swear, my posts are constructive, I just differ on most of his opinions.

Danish

Referee
The only other stadium this would be accepted at would be the SFS in my opinion.

Saint fans pack the place out on ANZAC day so they would do it again for this.

Having said that, I think giving up the revenue of an extra 9000 ticket sales is worth keeping it at their own home ground.

Its just unfortunate that Saints have to be faced with such a situation due to having a stadium far too small for their supporter base

Officially official:

DRAGONS v BULLDOGS – SOLD OUT

Wednesday, May 13, 2009
The Dragons Round 10 Heritage Round clash against the Bulldogs at WIN Jubilee Oval this Friday night is officially SOLD OUT!
Fans attending the game are encouraged to arrive early to avoid the last minute rush. Gates open at 5pm with the Toyota Cup game scheduled to start at 5.20pm. This NYC game also promises to be a great clash with both teams locked in second place on 14 points. The top of the table NRL clash kicks-off at 7.30pm.
Please be advised that due to venue capacity constraints, NRL & Club Junior Passes cannot be accepted for this match. The conditions of entry for this pass specifies that entry is subject to venue capacity. See back of pass for card entry conditions.
Please see venue information for Conditions of Entry to WIN Jubilee Oval, Kogarah.
For further information phone our office on 02 9587 1966.

http://www.dragons.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=16306

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
There have been suggestions the SCG may be an appropriate venue. With some foresight they could've scheduled an SCG double header between this game and the WT/Souths game. Would've been brilliant...

greg

Juniors
Well done Dragons and Berries fans.
I'm still waiting for a post from Sam I Am suugesting this be moved to the heartland in Brisbane.:lol:

BWNB

First Grade
I feel sorry for the people who will be drinking or eating at the ground...
Its a good ground for scenery but it cant cope with large crowds.

Ribs

Bench
I feel sorry for the people who will be drinking or eating at the ground...
Its a good ground for scenery but it cant cope with large crowds.

Well I hear its pretty easy to get a beer at Shark Park these days..... no line up at all.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
:crazy: yeah so you can have 25-30k if that in a stadium that fits 80,000 not to mention pissing of all the members and sponsors for moving the game and also losing our home field advantage!
The thing is there wouldn't be even 25,000. All this talk of 40,000 is nonsense, figures plucked out of the air and with no facts to back it up. It looks to me like a handful of folk looking at the quick buck and trying to cash in on Kogarah's success.

Saints played half their home games at Homebush in 2008, and what we do know is that crowds figures were woeful. People voted with their feet. Saints fans don't like Homebush. Why? Because it is not a home venue.

There's enough evidence from the 2008 fiasco to suggest that we might get an even smaller crowd at Homebush - a guesstimate that has as much validity, if not more validity, as the silly 40,000 figure that has been bandied about.

If the game was moved to Homebush, it would lose everything this match was buillt up to be. There would be no home ground advantage anymore, no derby atmosphere, and no good news story about a sellout crowd.

Instead, it would be replaced with a vacuous stadium three-quarters full of empty seats, and absolutely nothing to write home about.

The late notice of the move makes the suggestion seem unprofessional on a number of levels. It would piss off thousands of fans, not mention ground sponsors and corporates at Kogarah. How is that looking after the future of the game? How is that creating revenue streams? Seems to me like a high risk play, with no guarantee of success.

The core reason why we are looking at a sellout at Kogarah Jubilee is because of the venue itself, the local derby, and the 'heritage round' promotion. Loads of improvements have taken place at Jubilee, and people want to go there. This is shown by the various polls and posts that most people don't want the game moved (including Bulldogs supporters).

Btw, I note that since the Homebush argument has found to be full of holes, we now have antagonists coming out midweek and saying, "well why not the SFS?" They're clearly making it up as they go along.

Jasdragon

Juniors
:crazy: yeah so you can have 25-30k if that in a stadium that fits 80,000 not to mention pissing of all the members and sponsors for moving the game and also losing our home field advantage!

The thing is there wouldn't be even 25,000. All this talk of 40,000 is nonsense, figures plucked out of the air and with no facts to back it up. It looks to me like a handful of folk looking at the quick buck and trying to cash in on Kogarah's success.

Saints played half their home games at Homebush in 2008, and what we do know is that crowds figures were woeful. People voted with their feet. Saints fans don't like Homebush. Why? Because it is not a home venue.

There's enough evidence from the 2008 fiasco to suggest that we might get an even smaller crowd at Homebush - a guesstimate that has as much validity, if not more validity, as the silly 40,000 figure that has been bandied about.

If the game was moved to Homebush, it would lose everything this match was buillt up to be. There would be no home ground advantage anymore, no derby atmosphere, and no good news story about a sellout crowd.

Instead, it would be replaced with a vacuous stadium three-quarters full of empty seats, and absolutely nothing to write home about.

The late notice of the move makes the suggestion seem unprofessional on a number of levels. It would piss off thousands of fans, not mention ground sponsors and corporates at Kogarah. How is that looking after the future of the game? How is that creating revenue streams? Seems to me like a high risk play, with no guarantee of success.

The core reason why we are looking at a sellout at Kogarah Jubilee is because of the venue itself, the local derby, and the 'heritage round' promotion. Loads of improvements have taken place at Jubilee, and people want to go there. This is shown by the various polls and posts that most people don't want the game moved (including Bulldogs supporters).

Btw, I note that since the Homebush argument has found to be full of holes, we now have antagonists coming out midweek and saying, "well why not the SFS?" They're clearly making it up as they go along.

Exactly that's why I stated 25-30k if that.

miccle

Bench
Great work to the fans of both teams - a sell-out four days before the game is f**king incredible stuff!

Re: the ANZ saga, I'm stoked that it's staying at the traditional, suburban ground. True, there MIGHT have been five thousand more at ANZ. But there's no way, IMO, that the match would've cracked 30k at ANZ. 21k, packed to the rafters, at Kogarah will look absolutely incredible. Can't wait to high-tail it out of Suncorp and catch the last 50 minutes or so of this one at home on Friday.

supersoniceagle

Juniors
Awesome stuff. I think most here are agreeing that that the game staying in Kogarah is the way to go. I'm looking forward to watching this one!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Exactly that's why I stated 25-30k if that.
Oh yeah, I know that Jas. I agreed with you in the first sentence after quoting you.

I just got into a rant after that. lol

Still gobsmacked though.

For the life of me, I can't believe that anyone could entertain moving this match, even as a joke. I guess it all sell papers, but imo it just confirms that some people have NFI. Thankfully most observers and decision makers can see through the nonsense.