What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulldogs attack Saints over perceived "lock-out" at Kogarah

Timbo

Staff member
I was over-stating, slightly.

It'll be a majority Dragons crowd though, and my above statement is true.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I'd rather see a 20,000 sell out than a 1/3rd full ANZ. Creates hype and a real buzz for the game when they sell out in advance. Would also encourage fans to become members to guarantee their seats if it was a regular occurence.

Kiki

First Grade
there will be more Doggies fans there than there was Sharks fans and that was sposed to be a local derby.

Gaba

First Grade
If the nrl froced the dragons to move it and the fans turned away in protest , say for example instead of 20-40,000 only 7-9000 turned up would the nrl compensate the dragons

ouwet

Bench
Jubilee's new capacity is, what, 21,000? I'd say 19,500 at least will be Saints fans. And I'll bet half of them would NOT travel to ANZ for this game, and nor should they bloody have to.

:lol::lol: Bulldog fans have been buying tickets for this game for the past month (Up on the Kennel and other forums)... I will guarantee atleast 30% of the crowd will be Bulldog fans, with thousands more not being able to buy tickets.

ouwet

Bench
i bought my tickets over 3 weeks ago....if you are crying poor now, then blame yourself.

Why should we give up home ground advtange? It will be harder for dickhead supports like ouwet to get into kogarah, our border patrols will be checking your passports and visa's...Abu Hadi's Aussie HQ's are'nt far from Kojo...your fundamentalist LF type are not welcome...

LOL:lol::lol: I bought tickets over 1 month ago for the game sunshine... All the try hards will be locked out because we all know they're all lazy and buy tickets on the day (Your mates:)).

40,000!! Would that not be one of the all time record crowds for a Sydney home game in the modern era??

I assume that is an over exaggeration.

the last 40k predicted crowd got just 25k.

hmmmm

the afl move games to bigger stadia to get more fans....rl tries to keep teams at small venues.

one game has averages of 35,000, the other 15,000.

its pathetic of the nrl. They may not have been able to do something this time, but next time i hope they can.

we want as many people going as possible, and people complain about small crowds.

Dogaholic

First Grade
I am happy the game is at Kogarah. The diehards have their tickets, packed to the rafters, this is what it is all about.

ByRd

First Grade
Amen, ive had my tickets for weeks and am bloody pumped, if it was at ANZ it just wouldnt have that same feeling, the crowd will be majority dragons but there will still be plenty of blue n white

Amen, ive had my tickets for weeks and am bloody pumped, if it was at ANZ it just wouldnt have that same feeling, the crowd will be majority dragons but there will still be plenty of blue n white

70/30 split probably. Dogs and Dragons fans both have a good record for being in great numbers as away side fans.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Bang on.

People keep saying 'move it to ANZ or SFS, we'll get 45,000, it'll be great'.

bullsh*t.

Jubilee's new capacity is, what, 21,000? I'd say 19,500 at least will be Saints fans. And I'll bet half of them would NOT travel to ANZ for this game, and nor should they bloody have to.

19,500 Saints fans? :lol:

Bulldogs fans have been buying up tickets since day of release, you goose.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
oh

I thought this game was in the gong.

nah... fug the dogs then...this will be a cracker at Kogarah...

it seems the Dragons are in a WIN WIN situation.
It's WIN Jubilee or WIN stadium respectively. A bit confusing when advertising it to fans who are unaware of the name change.

And to anyone saying the game should be moved, how hard is it for fans to pre-purchase tickets? It's been advertised as a blockbuster for weeks, any fans who were serious about going to the game would have bought tickets at least a week ago, the rest would be just walk up fans who are impartial to attending. Something that could not guarantee exponential ticket sales should the game be moved to the SFS or ANZ. It may secure an extra 5000 sales, big woop, both grounds wouldn't even come close to the atmosphere of kogarah, nor would they look as good on television.