What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulldogs Confirmed Signings & Contract News

Bulldog Force

Referee
Last night's edition of 10 news @ 5:00pm suggested that Brett Kimmorley has offers from Parramatta (don't know why) and Canberra. The Bulldogs will also offer him a coaching role at the club. Brett doesn't want to leave the club, but needs to toss up if he really wants to play another season. He'll make a decision in the coming weeks.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Last night's edition of 10 news @ 5:00pm suggested that Brett Kimmorley has offers from Parramatta (don't know why) and Canberra. The Bulldogs will also offer him a coaching role at the club. Brett doesn't want to leave the club, but needs to toss up if he really wants to play another season. He'll make a decision in the coming weeks.

Don't know why Parra? :lol: Deary me.

Notice most of their halves are jumping ship?

Bulldog Force

Referee
Don't know why Parra? :lol: Deary me.

Notice most of their halves are jumping ship?
Yeah but Mortimer is staying. There's no point in signing him up to play halfback at Parramatta and stuffing up Mortimer's position again. If Mortimer is going to be Parramatta's long-term halfback, they need to keep hm in position and stop stuffing him around. It's just speculation though, they may very well keep clear of him. IMO with Inu and Mateo going to the Warriors and Keating coming to the Dogs, the Eels should invest in a seasoned five-eighth.

Timmah

Staff member
Mortimer is staying, correct. Everyone else in the halves except Robson has left.

Hence why they need depth. Who better than an older bloke who can mentor him?

richies

Juniors
Good player but have better talent in Barba and a young superstar in a couple of years in Gerard Mccallum.

but if patten goes this year
i not 100% solid on him at fullback in 2011
I think we need some back up plan there

also can anyone tell me why the confirmed signings page is locked???
as it is the most looked page on this forum and probably the best info on the net :roll:

Timmah

Staff member
Uhm, probably because it's 2010 thread and they're likely to put a 2011 thread now?

Fartowner

Juniors
So far its only a rumour, the Giants are looking at Patten, Hodgson was released after turning down a 1 year deal, and we are not well covered at full back. Hodgy was grooming Winger/center Cudjoe, but he,s still young and inexperianced
How bad is this back problem ? has he missed many games ? What are his strong points ?

Packy

Bench
So far its only a rumour, the Giants are looking at Patten, Hodgson was released after turning down a 1 year deal, and we are not well covered at full back. Hodgy was grooming Winger/center Cudjoe, but he,s still young and inexperianced
How bad is this back problem ? has he missed many games ? What are his strong points ?

His back is fine. At least as good as it will ever be again. Missed no games this year.

Patten's strong points are his positional play, safe under high balls, good hole runner and has a deceptive fend. He isn't as fast as he used to be and was never express anyway but he is reliable and a great team player. Good bloke too.

gsweeper

Juniors

Timmah

Staff member
http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=19648

Patten to play out career in UK, Ryan sticks around
Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs fullback Luke Patten has confirmed that he will exercise an option to depart the club at the end of the 2010 season and will take up a three-year deal in the English Super League with Salford.

‘The General' has played 220 first grade games since joining the Bulldogs in 2001 and represented NSW Country on three occasions.

His efforts will be recognised with a special tribute at the Club's final home game of the season.

“Luke has been one of this Club's great leaders and we are sorry to see him go,” said Bulldogs Chief Executive Mr Todd Greenberg.

“We wish him well as he makes the most of an opportunity to extend his career in England and thank him for the service he has provided to the Bulldogs for the past 10 years.

“He will long be remembered for his incredible reliability and determination as the last line of defence and for his inspirational plays.

“His strong work ethic and his commitment to responsibilities off the field set a great benchmark for everyone who has played alongside him.”

Meantime, Bulldogs Captain Andrew Ryan has confirmed he will see out the final year of his contract and will be staying with the Bulldogs in 2011.

Ryan, currently on 188 First Grade Games for the Bulldogs and 261 overall, will play his ninth season for the Bulldogs in 2011.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Goodbye General. End of an Era. Ryan will be the last of the 2004 squad remaining in the team next year. This opens the door for Benny Barba though!

Ridders

Coach
Sad thought that Patten won't be lining up for us next season. Wish him all the best in England.

Timmah

Staff member
A sad day countered with the good news that, in addition to A. Ryan staying, Ryan T. is extending his stay for 2 more years!!! :D

http://twitter.com/Todd_Greenberg

Great news for the Bulldogs-Front rower Ryan Tandy has committed to a 2 year deal with us for 2011 & 2012. Strong form and effort rewarded!

Packy

Bench
I wish I could shake Luke's hand and tell him how much I loved watching him play. A true champion in my eyes. One of my favourites ever.

Timmah

Staff member
Packy, if you're a member I dare say you'll get that chance at the August 15 fan day at ANZ.

Packy

Bench
Packy, if you're a member I dare say you'll get that chance at the August 15 fan day at ANZ.

I am a Interstate member. Unfortunately I won't be able to make it. I did get to say hi when they were in Brisbane for the double header but wasn't confirmed that he was leaving at that stage.

Ridders

Coach
As Greenberg said in the press conference, it has alot to live up to after last years tribute to Hazem. Should be great.

ByRd

First Grade
It is sad to see the general leave, he has been here for such a long time and has given the club great service and we have always been able to count on him, i wish him all the best and he will forever be a bulldog.