What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulldogs Disgrace

Balmain_Boy

RedDragon said:
Its easy for you to sit at home on tv and question the way they acted. In the heat of the moment most people would react the same way, especially towards an idiot like Bryce Gibbs getting knocked out because of something he started.

After the game they no doubt say it was a bit over the top, but the adrenaline, heat of the moment and significance of the hit would of been enough for their reaction as it would be for most people.

Ive got no problem with the way they acted...they didnt touch him when he was on the ground so whats the problem?

Had Gibbs given Barrett a serve last week I bet you'd be whinging. When there's the possibilty someone has a serious injury, it's poor form to be mouthing off at them as they lay prone on the ground. So much so that it generally NEVER happens. Only in the NFL.

If the bold bit is true, why don't we see it happen more often? Barrett is the perfect example. HUGE significane on the game, yet the Tigers made sure Barrett's mouthguard was out. Like I said, it's called class.

>zuzu<

Juniors
Big_Bad_Shark_Fan said:
So Bryce Gibbs goes down in a sickening incident after his head got in the wrong position. So what do the bulldogs players do? start patting each other and clapping and baiting tigers players and a player on the ground....... good sportsmanship you idiots.
Your a dead set idiot. Maybe if u watched it you woulda seen Utai go over n put Gibbs on his side so he can breathe. Loser...Get ur facts str8..and if it were the other way round id put ma house on it that tigers wuda been jumpin all over Gibbs. It was a good battle and in the end Shrek got the better of it

Rise Against

God you tigers fans are pathetic

love 2 dish it out, once one of your players gets hurt u start having a f**king whinge. Welcome back 2 earth boys and girls.. ur team is absolutely nothing without Marshall.

And as for bbsf.. grow up you moron. Thats the game of football. f**kin clown

simon says

First Grade
Get over it.....it was a top hit.....should he apologise????

We lost to the better team.....get over it.

drake

First Grade
I have to agree with Mason. When I saw the niggling thug on the ground, I thought "F*%k him" as well.

I was originally going to start a new tipping comp: "Who will Bryce Gibbs pick a fight with this week?"

Akin to pick the margins would have been guess the amount of niggles he put in.

Can we borrow O'Meley to show Ryles how to deal with an upstart like Gibbs?

Collateral

Coach
Balmain_Boy said:
Had Gibbs given Barrett a serve last week I bet you'd be whinging. When there's the possibilty someone has a serious injury, it's poor form to be mouthing off at them as they lay prone on the ground. So much so that it generally NEVER happens. Only in the NFL.

If the bold bit is true, why don't we see it happen more often? Barrett is the perfect example. HUGE significane on the game, yet the Tigers made sure Barrett's mouthguard was out. Like I said, it's called class.

Barrett wasnt carrying on like a prize prick to Gibbs though and that hit was purely incidental. It was Scott Prince that helped him too, not Gibbs. As soon as Gibbs got up all the Tigers players rushed over and gave him back slaps and head rubs all round...I was there, it happened right infront of me.

The thing that made them react like they did was that it was O'Meley VS Gibbs, Gibbs had started the whole thing and O'Meley ended it...if it was an ordinary knock out they would of helped him too no doubt....before back slaps etc like Gibbs on Barrett.

Glenn

First Grade
I don't think anyone is questioning the hit..more the reaction after the event

>zuzu<

Juniors
drake said:
I have to agree with Mason. When I saw the niggling thug on the ground, I thought "F*%k him" as well.

I was originally going to start a new tipping comp: "Who will Bryce Gibbs pick a fight with this week?"

Akin to pick the margins would have been guess the amount of niggles he put in.

Can we borrow O'Meley to show Ryles how to deal with an upstart like Gibbs?
Bahahah .... thats absolute gold mate!

Jordan

Juniors
I certainly didn't have any sympathy for him, after that forearm he gave O'Meley in the first half.

Karma at its finest.

Balmain_Boy

To me it's not a BIG deal. But it lacks a hell of a lot of class when the welfare of Gibbs was in doubt; it's the perfect freeze frame of the person Mason is.

very well said. The children on this forum dont seem to get it though. Perhaps they should be watching netball instead.
Don't be such a condescending wanker. It's called an opinion. But I know with your "the game isn't as tough as it used to be" agenda it's hard to hold back, even if it is something you've only been saying since Morley got suspended.

Michaelson

Juniors
Gibbs did start the whole contest. there was clear aggression between the pair. Any time O'Meley got the ball Gibbs was at him. Within that context it's not too surprising the reaction. I thought it was a bit over the top, but like has been said, in the heat of the moment it's certainly not surprising. If it hadn't been made so personal before hand I'm sure the reaction would have been more muted.

I actually thought Gibbs was well and truly on top before that, but funnily enough, it was after that hit that the Tigers started to get on top for a bit. I think the biggest difference it made to the game was that O'Meley was absolutely unstoppable from that point onwards.

OVP

Coach
Balmain_Boy said:
To me it's not a BIG deal. But it lacks a hell of a lot of class when the welfare of Gibbs was in doubt; it's the perfect freeze frame of the person Mason is.

Don't be such a condescending wanker. It's called an opinion. But I know with your "the game isn't as tough as it used to be" agenda it's hard to hold back, even if it is something you've only been saying since Morley got suspended.

I've been saying that for a hell of a lot longer than last week. Its pantywastes like you who are ruining this game for everyone. Dont like it ? Dont watch it.

Balmain_Boy

RedDragon said:
Barrett wasnt carrying on like a prize prick to Gibbs though and that hit was purely incidental. It was Scott Prince that helped him too, not Gibbs. As soon as Gibbs got up all the Tigers players rushed over and gave him back slaps and head rubs all round...I was there, it happened right infront of me.

The thing that made them react like they did was that it was O'Meley VS Gibbs, Gibbs had started the whole thing and O'Meley ended it...if it was an ordinary knock out they would of helped him too no doubt....before back slaps etc like Gibbs on Barrett.

Actually, you said...
In the heat of the moment most people would react the same way, especially[/B] towards an idiot like Bryce Gibbs getting knocked out because of something he started.

...especially, not because of. There's a difference. You might have a valid point if you think it was ok BECAUSE of Gibbs niggling.

Anyway, I didn't take exception to the incident enough to warrant any further discussion on the matter. I simply feel Mason in particular could have shown some more class in the situation.

You are right on one thing, Gibbs is a niggling thug. I guess you feel differently about players when they are YOUR team's thug though.

Balmain_Boy

simon says said:
BB......stop going on like a sore loser.....it was a top hit,that happens in footy.

Simon I'd hardly be dishing out advice on how to be a good sport, you're notorious on here for being a prize winning prick and a very poor winner.

simon says

First Grade
OVP said:
I've been saying that for a hell of a lot longer than last week. Its pantywastes like you who are ruining this game for everyone. Dont like it ? Dont watch it.

I agree.....it was a one on one prop match and he came off second best....I was loving evry minute of it.

If you were playing against a rop that wastrying to kill you,and you got him first you would give him a mouthful......

Tiger fans......please just cop it on the chin like Bryce did......