What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulldogs Disgrace

Balmain_Boy

simon says said:
Im embarassed.....Shrek got over the top of our enfocer and some people want an apology lettter....

FFS......

Oh bullsh*t. Where has anyone denied it was a great play by O'meley? Show me, i'd love to see it.

Mason was the bloke acting like a f**kwit. People may not want to see our game go soft, but there is no chance of that happening. It's the toughest sport in the world. As Keneally (I think) said, it's the closest thing to war. And in that case, you all may have a point about Mason yelling at Gibbs being fine. It just left a bad taste in my outh; where you don't want the game to turn soft, I agree, but I don't want it to become like the NFL where boorish idiots stand over thier 'vanquished' foes sledging.

fulltime

Juniors
once again a simple statement.

can anyone find one poster on here saying anything wrong about the hit itself. NO.

that ain't the issue people.

btw agree that it shows up the ridiculous suspension of Morley.

Danish

Referee
sunny said:
Nothing wrong with the hit, just shows the power O'Meley can generate.

I didnt say there was anything wrong with the hit. But there was nothing wrong with Morley's either. Both dropped their shoulder with the intention to hurt. Both incidentally made contact with the head.

I dont see why under these new rules a defending player needs to make snap judgements as to where an attacking player is going to put his head when shoulder charging while an attacking player doesn't.

Precisely why the new rule should be scraped. it wont be long before hits like this are outlawed as well the way we are going. And that will be a damned shame

sunny said:
Never seen Gibbs do anything good Ted, why O'Hara and Galloway are behind him, god only knows.

It seems that you didnt watch the finals series last year.

Tim Sheens holds Gibbs in the highest esteem. I don't think he will ever reach rep status but there are some optimistic Tigers fans who think otherwise. Whatever happens, I hope he cuts the niggling sh*t from the game. Unless you are 19 foot tall, ie Willie Mason or a supremely talented footballer such as Benny Elias, you will invariably end up with egg on your face when you provoke known hot heads who also happen to be awesome players.

simon says

First Grade
Balmain_Boy said:
Oh bullsh*t. Where has anyone denied it was a great play by O'meley? Show me, i'd love to see it.

Mason was the bloke acting like a f**kwit. People may not want to see our game go soft, but there is no chance of that happening. It's the toughest sport in the world. As Keneally (I think) said, it's the closest thing to war. And in that case, you all may have a point about Mason yelling at Gibbs being fine. It just left a bad taste in my outh; where you don't want the game to turn soft, I agree, but I don't want it to become like the NFL where borrish idiots stand over there foes sledging.

Its footy you pansy.....you see yer mate smash the bloke thats trying to kill you,and you get psyched.....you obviously have never played cos you would understand.

We lost...please some dignity.

Mr Saab

Referee
Not including you Simon..you have shown you have common sense when it comes to our great game we follow.

Mason was pumped up. Shyte, people complain this game has no personalties anymore and here is a great personality in Mason. Some despise him and thats fine, but i am sure they love hating him...they cant hate some guy who is a robot.

Collateral

Coach
If I supported the Bulldogs my big issue with this game would be O'Meley being sin binned for punching Gibbs' head in earlier on...That was a disgraceful decision!

simon says

First Grade
Mr Saab said:
Not including you Simon..you have shown you have common sense when it comes to our great game we follow.

Mason was pumped up. Shyte, people complain this game has no personalties anymore and here is a great personality in Mason. Some despise him and thats fine, but i am sure they love hating him...they cant hate some guy who is a robot.

Twice in one day,......agree 100%.

Mr Saab

Referee
RedDragon said:
If I supported the Bulldogs my big issue with this game would be O'Meley being sin binned for punching Gibbs' head in earlier on...That was a disgraceful decision!

Shrek went a bit over the top with his retaliation. I have no probs with the sin binning. As long as it is consistent..which is the magic word.

OVP

Coach
fulltime said:
once again a simple statement.

can anyone find one poster on here saying anything wrong about the hit itself. NO.

that ain't the issue people.

btw agree that it shows up the ridiculous suspension of Morley.

I'll try to explain it very simply for you. Anyone that has ever played ANY sport knows that when a teammate puts on a huge hit, hits a 6, scores a goal or whatever then the WHOLE team gets fired up. The adrenaline rush is incredible, but even more so when a huge hit is produced in League. The players were simply pumped up to the maximum. Noone has any control over what they do with that much adrenaline in them. Big deal ... so what. Havent you ever watched boxing or played any sport to even slightly comprehend ?

Pantherjim.

Referee
I have absolutely no problem with O'Meley's hit on Gibbs, and granted Gibbs had been a total pr*ck to O'Meley earlier in first half of the game.

But to congratulate a fellow team-mate on knocking an opposing player unconcious with possible concussion and other potentially serious medical complications? That shows absolutely poor f*cking form!

Just shows Mason up for the infantile, imbecilic turd that he is really... :roll:

effnic

Bench
Great game. Great hit up. Congrats doggies. And i thought the game was going soft. Mark Bryant and shrek proved me wrong.

bulldog

Bench
You know you've got to be spouting some rubbish when you've got Roosters fans defending Bulldogs players hey fulltime.

Mason said himself that he's psyching himself up as much as possible this year - and being a Dogs fan I much prefer the Mason of the last 2 weeks to Mason at the end of last year.

Something that might mitigate their intensity/hype and bring them back to reality is the sight of a bloke KOD on the ground.
I like all these derisive comments about anybody who found objection to Mason's reaction being a pansy. I played league and I also fough in the army. I don't want to draw any correlations between the two experiences except to say that I have seen a lot of people in sickening states of health. In such a situation, I am engulfed by an apprahension for the person's wellbeing. The only time you think otherwise is when you are so overwhelmed by emotion or intent soley on survival, which doesnt really apply to football, eh?

The Dominator

Juniors
OVP said:
I'll try to explain it very simply for you. Anyone that has ever played ANY sport knows that when a teammate puts on a huge hit, hits a 6, scores a goal or whatever then the WHOLE team gets fired up. The adrenaline rush is incredible, but even more so when a huge hit is produced in League. The players were simply pumped up to the maximum. Noone has any control over what they do with that much adrenaline in them. Big deal ... so what. Havent you ever watched boxing or played any sport to even slightly comprehend ?

Spot on. Well said.

Eddie.

Bench
For mine, it was heat of the moment stuff.

Gibbs had instigated stuff all night as always, got smashed, and the Dogs players whopped it up. When a player puts on a big hit, or an inspirational piece of play you would be dissapointed if your team didn't fire up.

Both Omealey and Mason clapped Gibbs off like the rest of the crowd as a gesture when he was finally carted off.

Benefit of the doubt for mine.

fulltime

Juniors
OVP said:

have I mentioned any of the other players in the team apart from mason.
Of course I understand that the adrenaline kicks in and in the excitment players lose control.
as a bulldogs supporter stated it was utai or el masri who actually went over and briefly checked on him. that player must be one of us softc0cks as well with some decency. even o'meley himself was controlled yet he should of reacted the most as it was his battle that he had just won.

Slappy

Juniors
Congrats to the doggies. They took that match by the throat and never looked back!

As a tigers fan i was a bit embarassed at Gibbs' nonsense! I guess he thought he could try the same sh*t as last week against Ryles. He deserved the 10 mins, I reckon he was lucky he wasn't sent off. Hope he's alright and I hope that the silly bastard will learn something form the experience. O' Meley really fired up, good hit up and a pretty good performance in general. I have got no problem with Shrek's hit on Gibbs, but I do think it was a bit losuy of Mason to carry on the way he did, considering the state of Gibbs!

Dogs played awesome, I had almost forgotten just how how good they can be!

Good on Hazem too, he's a champion player and a great role model for young kids from all backgrounds!

Latest posts