What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulldogs fans at it again

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
WHAT IS THE f**kING DUTY OF CARE THEN?

I keep reading this f**king rubbish every time and I'm yet to see after all these years a viable, realistic or credible suggestion the club can do.

Garts

Bench

I keep reading this f**king rubbish every time and I'm yet to see after all these years a viable, realistic or credible suggestion the club can do.

We all know the fans doing this are of a certain ethnic background. I am sure some of the politically correct wankers will shoot me down for saying that, but its true. Do you ban them? Imagine the issues that would cause :lol:

It is a problem that cannnot be solved imo.

20knights10

Juniors

Pay for extra security. If this ammounts to sh*tloads of cash to catch the culprits then so be it. Any club with the same problems with fans that yours has should be required to do the same. You're expecting the police and therefore the tax paying public to pay for issues involving your club. i could imagine your feelings if this was problematic of an opposition club.

Timmah

Staff member
Take your own advice. Where did I make it sound like anything like that? I said it was planned because the offenders had particular colours of paint on them! You've got a nerve claiming others are getting hysterical.

And why not stand down from night games? This is not an isolated incident and unfortunately there are many instances where the majority must suffer for the actions of the minority.
Did you read? I said it's the NRL's role to allocate days and times and place restrictions on when teams play. The Bulldogs don't have control of it. I don't believe it's the correct solution. In fact, I saw a brawl at the Souths/Dragons game last week in the corporates. Should we ban Souths from night games too?
Why not? If this sort of this is going to happen then they should consider it. Let opposition supporters attend games without having to risk such things happening. If not, then other clubs should simply ban anyone wearing a Bulldogs jersey from attending their home games. How would you like that? Your attitude is pathetic really, you seem to think whatever happens the Bulldogs club should just sit back and say "It's not our problem, it's a criminal matter", what happens when an opposition supporter gets a brick thrown at their head as opposed to their car window?

For the sake of your club they have to do something, otherwise opposition fans will stop attending your games and that hurts your club only really whether it comes to attendence and sponsorship etc.

Can I ask how/why time of day makes a difference as to whether these criminals would still be complete f**kwits?

How is my attitude pathetic? I'm defending my right as a paying member of my club to keep it that way, from the hysterical calls of a faceless few who are trying to disrupt my enjoyment.

I'm still waiting for you guys to come up with something other than "stop playing night games". I wish there was something the club could do. Within reason, it's becoming quite clear there isn't...

Timmah

Staff member
Pay for extra security. If this ammounts to sh*tloads of cash to catch the culprits then so be it. Any club with the same problems with fans that yours has should be required to do the same. You're expecting the police and therefore the tax paying public to pay for issues involving your club. i could imagine your feelings if this was problematic of an opposition club.
So the club should waste tens of thousands of dollars to do a job the police should be doing? I was actually being tongue in cheek - the logistics of your suggestion are ridiculous.

Issues involving my club? No, the issues involve citizens of the state of New South Wales (or visitors, I don't know) breaking the law. That's where the jurisdiction is. If you can't understand that, then the problem is yours.

I have feelings on the matter regarding opposition clubs actually - I was within the vicinity of the Knights/Dragons fan incident a few years back at EAS - it occured outside the stadium - nothing to do with Knights management - it was a police matter and rightfully so.

Doomednow

Bench
How effective would a public denouncing and disowning of fans who partake in such behaviour be? Probably not very, would mostly be symbolic, but it might shame at least some perpetrators into thinking about their actions.

If the club was serious it could at least try some kind of internal media campaign amongst its members and leagues club about how this kind of behaviour is not appreciated and brings shame to the club. Get aggressive about it. Again might not be very effective but who knows. If the team I loved and supported started denouncing something I was doing for the team I'd certainly think twice about it.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
This wasn't some random attack. It was specifically targeted at Parra Eels fans. I am not comfortable with this one bit. If nothing is done people might start taking things into their own hands.

Timmah

Staff member
How effective would a public denouncing and disowning of fans who partake in such behaviour be? Probably not very, would mostly be symbolic, but it might shame at least some perpetrators into thinking about their actions.

If the club was serious it could at least try some kind of internal media campaign amongst its members and leagues club about how this kind of behaviour is not appreciated and brings shame to the club. Get aggressive about it. Again might not be very effective but who knows. If the team I loved and supported started denouncing something I was doing for the team I'd certainly think twice about it.
I'd support such an initiative 100%, whether it was successful or not. Good idea.
This wasn't some random attack. It was specifically targeted at Parra Eels fans. I am not comfortable with this one bit. If nothing is done people might start taking things into their own hands.
Oh dear, Telegraph sensationalism much? :lol:

Eels Dude

Coach
Did you read? I said it's the NRL's role to allocate days and times and place restrictions on when teams play. The Bulldogs don't have control of it. I don't believe it's the correct solution. In fact, I saw a brawl at the Souths/Dragons game last week in the corporates. Should we ban Souths from night games too?

Can I ask how/why time of day makes a difference as to whether these criminals would still be complete f**kwits?

How is my attitude pathetic? I'm defending my right as a paying member of my club to keep it that way, from the hysterical calls of a faceless few who are trying to disrupt my enjoyment.

I'm still waiting for you guys to come up with something other than "stop playing night games". I wish there was something the club could do. Within reason, it's becoming quite clear there isn't...

Personally, I think that's up to the club. You keep dodging the questions and main issues. Would you be happy if these issues continue to occur, as long as the cops investigate every time they do, without any charges laid?

adamkungl

Immortal
I'm yet to hear a single sensible solution as to what the Bulldogs should do to prevent random fans from being f**kwits.

Loudstrat said:
the rest of us supporting decent clubs (and Manly) would happily turn on those representing our clubs if they did the wrong thing.

So if one of the thousands/possible hundreds of thousands of bandwagon parra supporters went and trashed someones car, we can expect you to turn them in? What horsesh*t. How can you possibly expect Bulldogs club or fans to know who these people are.

Loudstrat

Coach

Quyite simple - employ whatever methods they can to ensure public safety. The fact that people can still get assaulted in the grounds means they haven't done enough. Fact.

Timmah

Staff member
WTF?

People get assaulted at most NRL games, as evidenced by what I saw at ANZ last Friday when Souffs played Saints.

As for this incident, it happened a kilometre or two from the ground as I understand it, how is that relevant to what you said?

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
You know what, I usually ignore these threads, its just a bunch of idiots talking crap and using what little knowledge they have to bad mouth a particular group.

Look its obvious that the majority are aiming this at the Middle Eastern Bulldog fans, and for those that are not your just as bad.

As it happens I am a police officer, and honestly every game I go to...whether its for work or not its the same thing. There are drunks hurling abuse, there drunks hurling whatever they have and there are people just flat out causing trouble.

THIS SORT OF CRAP HAPPENS AT EVERY GAME.

The difference is that it doesnt get publicized. Believe me.

Last edited:

Ridders

Coach
f**k me this stuff is disappointing. Struggle to see how the club would stop it though. Any logical ideas? I'm all ears

Maroubra Eel

Coach
You know what, I usually ignore these threads, its just a bunch of idiots talking crap and using what little knowledge they have to bad mouth a particular group.

Look its obvious that the majority are aiming this at the Middle Eastern Bulldog fans, and for those that are not your just as bad.

As it happens I am a police officer, and honestly every game I go to...whether its for work or not its the same thing. There are drunks hurling abuse, there drunks hurling whatever they have and there are people just flat out causing trouble.

Why not do your job then mr policeman!

Eels Dude

Coach

THIS IS WITH EVERY BLOODY CLUB.

If you're a cop as you say you are... your attitude is pathetic. And it represents why so many people have little respect for cops in general and have no faith in you guys protecting them. Sometimes cops sweep things under the rug simply because there's too much paperwork or it's not serious enough to bother investigating.

El Diablo

Post Whore
hmmm

looks like Timmah could have some fun with this

train_wideweb__430x272.jpg

Ridders

Coach

Come on now. The Bulldog hate was just getting to a nice level. No need to bring a realistic angle to this. Shame on you