What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulldogs looking to recruit Josh Dugan

Chip Bayless

Juniors
Link to Daily Telegraph story here: http://bit.ly/AbU8pO

This is a no news story and I'd be surprised if there is any weight to the claim that the Dogs are after Josh Dugan. I believe this is Desmond Hasler at this best. A leak to a rugby league journalist that is only designed to avert attention from the fact Hasler will be gunning for Keiran Foran for the 2013 season. Foran is the player he will build his team around for a title run in 2013. Ben Barba is there and whilst he needs to improve under the high ball (coachable), there is no need to spend considerable cap room on the brilliant Josh Dugan when the Bulldogs need a quality player in the halves.

This season is all about getting the House of Desmond in order whilst making the Bulldogs a competitive unit. This season is all about setting up a platform for which to build a premiership threat from 2013 onwards. I believe 2014 is probably the time we will see Des' Bulldogs threatening to take the title, though I would not be surprised if it was as early as 2013 with Foran steering the ship.

Loudstrat

Coach
And it would not be a story at all if pimple boy wasnt hawking himself around to any club with a tub of clearasil!

Besides, I'd reckon Ben Barba has a lot of 5/8 in him, and given the Dogs halves are so pedestrian you reckon Hasler is not looking at a solution? There is a reason Manly didnt get into a bidding war over Hodgkinson.

A fit Dugan would be a welcome addition to any club, also with Rabbitoh's going for Beau Scott & Dugan I guess that big Roy will deservedly be getting the boot!

Chip Bayless

Juniors
madunit said:
all i read was fap fap fap

Well it's a starting point (assuming directed at me - if not and at Massoud - agree!)

innsaneink said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzlG28B-R8Y

Gold!

aussies1st said:
And what do they plan on doing with Barba?

Play him at fullback. This is a beat up from Canterbury. Highly unlikely there is substance in the "leak".

loudstrat said:
And it would not be a story at all if pimple boy wasnt hawking himself around to any club with a tub of clearasil!

Besides, I'd reckon Ben Barba has a lot of 5/8 in him, and given the Dogs halves are so pedestrian you reckon Hasler is not looking at a solution? There is a reason Manly didnt get into a bidding war over Hodgkinson

I think he is looking at a solution in the halves - Manly's Keiran Foran who he built his side around previously. Barba is just fine as a fullback and will improve under high ball. Good outweighs the bad in my opinion, kinda similar to Bowen in that regard.

DoggiesBro

Juniors
I've hear this one for a while. I think its a massive load of crap.

Don't get me wrong Dugan is a class act. Top fullback in my opinion and still a kid. A few bad years with injuries but still, as someone else said Barba certianly does have some problems to work on, though it was his first year at fullback and was leading try scorer. We saw him at 5/8 in 2010 and it didn't work. No need at all to pay anywhere near 500-700k for a fullback when you have Ben Barba in the #1. Especially with Keating in the #6.

I'll make a bold call, the Dog's as someone else said have no interest but are going to drive his price up for whoever really does. The Dogs no doubt are eyeing off a 5/8 and be it Foran or someone else. They then know the Dragons are after Dugan and also have Scott and a few others off contract. Get the dragons to blow alot of coin, and pick Brett Morris right out from under them to join Foran for 2013 in the blue and white.

Chip Bayless

Juniors
I've hear this one for a while. I think its a massive load of crap.

Don't get me wrong Dugan is a class act. Top fullback in my opinion and still a kid. A few bad years with injuries but still, as someone else said Barba certianly does have some problems to work on, though it was his first year at fullback and was leading try scorer. We saw him at 5/8 in 2010 and it didn't work. No need at all to pay anywhere near 500-700k for a fullback when you have Ben Barba in the #1. Especially with Keating in the #6.

I'll make a bold call, the Dog's as someone else said have no interest but are going to drive his price up for whoever really does. The Dogs no doubt are eyeing off a 5/8 and be it Foran or someone else. They then know the Dragons are after Dugan and also have Scott and a few others off contract. Get the dragons to blow alot of coin, and pick Brett Morris right out from under them to join Foran for 2013 in the blue and white.

I'd call it obvious as opposed to bold.

DoggiesBro

Juniors
If there was anyone Des would be throwing money at it would be Foran anyway.

Yeh, i honestly think the roosters are the ones who will land Dugan.

Always been keen on him, mino is going. this is if sbw doesn't come to them.

Otherwise i think he would stay with raiders, they have a pretty good squad together especially compared to the dragons roster now that boyd, gaz have left and most likely a few more will.

Latest posts