What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulldogs looking to recruit Josh Dugan

Chip Bayless

Juniors
I see the 'loyalty is dead' call as a myth. Look how many players have played 300+ or 200+ games for the one club now compared to previously.Yes, more games are played perhaps but the very best players stick with their clubs often for less cash.

There are also a lot of players in the modern era who have played for long periods with 2 clubs, with their name becoming synonymous with one of those clubs - eg, Fittler with the Roosters, Kevin Walters with the Broncos.

The change in the game is that players who are fringe first graders are more likely to try their hand at another club to prolong their careers than linger in reserve grade/NSW cup at their original club. Fair enough call too.

There will always be the player who is seduced by cash and this has always been the way in the game.

As for Dugan, his on field performance this year will determine where he is in 2013. For all his excitement and promise he has yet to deliver consitently enough in the top grade. I'd love for him to stay at Canberra but not for big $$$$ if he is injured more often than not.

My comment as you read is not in reference to only rugby league however you raise good points for rugby league. As a whole, I believe loyalty in professional sport is no longer in the majority of cases. Rugby League is following that trend and it will get worse with clubs wanting to pay for the best players in order to chase premiership success.

As for Dugan, I'd be happy to pay what some might see as "overs" for him. Definitely worth the "gamble". I think we have only seen the surface of his potential. Too good to let go in my opinion.

El Diablo

Post Whore
bred not bought

jug58j.jpg

Dogs Of War

Coach
T shirts are a throw away line? Okay.

I was talking about DoggiesBro but hey if I catch a few other Bullscum derps then bonus!

Have you ever seen a Bulldogs supporter wearing one? No would be the answer.

I can't believe DoggiesBro has made so many posts in such a short time. Could you imagine how many facebook status updates he must make in a day. It would be like a plague.

Have you ever seen a Bulldogs supporter wearing one? No would be the answer.

I can't believe DoggiesBro has made so many posts in such a short time. Could you imagine how many facebook status updates he must make in a day. It would be like a plague.

That begs the question though doesn't it.

If no one is there to read the status update was the status update even made?

Fingerbang

Bench
I'll make a bold call, the Dog's as someone else said have no interest but are going to drive his price up for whoever really does. The Dogs no doubt are eyeing off a 5/8 and be it Foran or someone else. They then know the Dragons are after Dugan and also have Scott and a few others off contract. Get the dragons to blow alot of coin, and pick Brett Morris right out from under them to join Foran for 2013 in the blue and white.
Sounds good in theory. What happens if Dragons decide to not match or better your offer to Dugan and say to Greenburg, "he is yours". Do you forget about Foran, or leave Dugan dangling?

Always makes me smile when I think about Wayne Bennett telling Ennis he has no room for him at Dragons, but will get him the extra dollars he wants somewhere else. Good ole Bulldogs take the bait.

DoggiesBro

Juniors
Sounds good in theory. What happens if Dragons decide to not match or better your offer to Dugan and say to Greenburg, "he is yours". Do you forget about Foran, or leave Dugan dangling?

Always makes me smile when I think about Wayne Bennett telling Ennis he has no room for him at Dragons, but will get him the extra dollars he wants somewhere else. Good ole Bulldogs take the bait.

What a load of crock, we got the NSW hooker what a shocker.

If the stories are true about what dogs have done before then i'm not worried about them being tricked, after all they are run by the best ceo in the comp and now a top coach. Not like they have players like moltzen backflip or anything.

Valheru

Coach
I don't know about everyone else but I blame every other club in the competition for this. If they did not continuously poach those top line international players that the dogs keep producing maybe Dugan could stay at the Raiders.

Bred not bought.

StormHi

Juniors
Doggiesbro living a dream if you think Forans gonna jump ship mate..... I tip Dugan to stay in The ACT and this is a hype up to get more dosh I dont honestly think any club is really in the market for a high level Fullback except mb the Titans... Mini's is still doin alright IMO at least another year in him.

And doggiesbro you can buy all the shmick equipment in the world you can be run by the biggest smartest Jew in the world and have a Finals winning coach..... but at the end of the day a car rolling down the steepest road in the world without a steering wheel can do 2 things only slam on its brakes and stop or go helter Skelter into a wall/building/cliff and blow the f**k up in a fire ball......

All I am saying is no amount of coaching will fix you're halfs pairing...... Game set match.

StormHi

Juniors
As to Ennis you guys had to Bribe the dude with captaincy to make him stay LOL Ennis a Captain He is a Deffinately a C word but I would'nt put the following letters after it aptain.... The letters would be more along the lines of UNT.

Latest posts