What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulldogs looking to recruit Josh Dugan

wittyfan

Referee
A big congrats to Dugan in making this year's Cleo Bachelor's list, and it's even more of an impressive feat too considering he made it despite the shitty tatts.

Wolfy and Sandor Earl were the other two players from the NRL to make the list.

Chip Bayless

Juniors
Just on Jarryd Hayne vs Josh Dugan.

I believe Josh Dugan is now NSW's number one fullback. I do believe though Jarryd Hayne will have a big 2012 and challenge Dugan for that title. The Chris Sandow pick up helps no player more in 2012 than Jarryd Hayne. Hayne will be allowed to be play a little more freely minus the responsibility of being the team's playmaker, kicker, try scorer and whatever else he was charged with for the past few seasons.

Jarryd Hayne is freakishly good and from what I've read and seen with my own two eyes this pre-season, his attitude is great (this can let him down). Hayne to bounce back in a big way.

super_coach

First Grade
Any team who parts with a fair chunk of their cap on Dugan is taking a big punt. no one doubts his ability but keeping him on the paddock is the hard part. Reminds me lot of Mullins and Nagas, great when in form and fit, but seldom strung to many games together. Things can turn around but some players seem to be cursed and Dugan strikes me as one of these players.

From where I sit I hope he stays with the raiders and really puts it up a few of the predator clubs that continually try and buy a title and do precious little to develop their own breed of super stars

Lambretta

First Grade
Furner acted knowing there was a handshake deal, the roosters, like every other club were acting outside the laws of the game, furner is desperate to hang on to dugan, so he made a song and dance about it... dugan ended up staying and it rightfully pissed uncle nick off that he reneged on the handshake deal. And the kicker was Uncle Nick had no idea until he read it the next day in the paper. And he lost his shit apparently

if that mail is correct and i think it is, thats why you havent read dugan linked to the roosters since, and thats why they are out of the race for him. Uncle Nick refuses to deal with him

All grain of salt stuff i know but given the strong mail linking dugan to the roosters prior to his extension and the fact we havent seen anything linking them since. I tend to believe it.

I'd believe it too - however I think Uncle Nick has done a wrong-un by cracking the shits.

I think the Roosters were in the wrong talking to Dugan illegally and Dugan signing for another year with the Raiders was the perfect way to deflect the criticism and suspicions.

I would have thought the Roosters could have waited one more year and then moved with less cloak and dagger.

wittyfan

Referee
Latest betting for the Cleo Bachelors has Dugan at $26, behind The Wolfman at $21 but ahead of Sandor Earl ($34).

Golfer Adam Scott and Wallaby James O'Connor are equal favourites at $3. Israel Folau is at $21.

Dugan at home with the Raiders
By Nathan Ryan

EXCLUSIVE: CANBERRA is in the box seat to re-sign star fullback Josh Dugan on a new three-year deal after the excitement machine revealed he wants to stay at the Raiders.

The 21-year-old revealed in an exclusive interview whilst in NRL All Stars camp that his priority is to remain with the club he debuted for in 2009 - with a final decision on his future to be made in a matter of weeks.

“I’m pretty happy in Canberra at the moment and that’s where I’d like to stay with my family and friends,” Dugan exclusively revealed to nospam11.com.au.

“It would be hard to move away.

"I just started re-negotiations and hopefully we can get something sorted.

"I definitely want it done before the season starts so hopefully we can get it sorted in the next few weeks.”

This time last year, Dugan catapulted to stardom in what was a breakout match for the All Stars which saw him claim the Preston Campbell medal for man-of-the-match.

For a boy from Canberra who told his mother he wanted to “debut for Canberra at 18,” Dugan has been heavily linked with a move to one of Canterbury Bulldogs, St George Illawarra, Sydney Roosters or Wests Tigers.

Despite the constant speculation over his future, Dugan said talk surrounding his new deal has not distracted him.

“It does get a little bit annoying the hype around it but it comes with being a key player in the lime light but I think I’ve got used to that over the last few years,” said Dugan.

“(Being in the limelight) has made me grow up a lot quicker than a normal 21-year-old should, but it’s probably for the best and made me a better player.”

Dugan and his teammates joined Indigenous children for a youth summit on Wednesday where they discussed the importance of goal setting, which is something the custodian regularly practices.

“Last year my goal was to play Country and get a crack at Origin and I did that,” he said.

“This year it’s just about staying on the park and playing as best I can.”

While an ankle injury cut his season short on the day he was selected for the second game for New South Wales, Dugan is determined to return to the Blues despite some stiff competition for the role.

“First and foremost I want to play good footy for Canberra and if I have to go back to Country again and hopefully get a crack at Origin again,” he said.

“You’ve got (Jarryd) Hayne and Brett Stewart there as well so it’s going to be tough to get back that number one.”

http://www.nospam11.com.au/articles/2012/02/01/dugan-at-home-with-the-raiders

:cool:

Last edited:

DoggiesBro

Juniors
Good news, always called this. I've never heard ANYONE at the dogs say anything about signing him its just media beat up or manager driving up his price, dragons were apperently pushing hard, tigers have no money and the dogs will either be going for sbw or foran and morris.

Glad he is staying with the raiders don't mind them at all.

Latest posts