What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulldogs may try to sign troubled Shark Greg Bird

Geohood

Bench
I should of used the Daily Telegraph as my related text for 'Telling the Truth' in the English HSC exam today.. gah how didn't I think of that??

Matrix

Juniors
It seems funny that the roosters cant afford sg ball and harold mathews teams and are trying to offload Amos Roberts, and yet can afford Bird.

media beat up..typical garbage from the media, trying to get us to sack him, bird is innocent and he will be playing for us in 2009..

if he is sacked he needs to be de-registered so no other club can profit from another clubs decision..
:lol::lol:Bird is innocent:lol:

Loudstrat

Coach
What I can't unbderstand about the Bird issues is that his GF didn't want the AVO taken out - but the police did it anyway, and won the appeal. How does an AVO be fair if the person it is supposed to protect doesn't want it?

Who is behind the AVO?

I can understand Bird's frustration - guilty or not.

Still, right or wrong, if one club takes such action, do other clubs have to uphold it? Bird hasn't been found guilty as yet. If he was, then I think Cronulla's action should be universal. However, until Bird has had his day in court......

Either way, Dogs or Chooks shouldn't be able to touch him until after the expiry of his contract.

[furrycat]

Coach
What I can't unbderstand about the Bird issues is that his GF didn't want the AVO taken out - but the police did it anyway, and won the appeal. How does an AVO be fair if the person it is supposed to protect doesn't want it?

Who is behind the AVO?

I can understand Bird's frustration - guilty or not.

Still, right or wrong, if one club takes such action, do other clubs have to uphold it? Bird hasn't been found guilty as yet. If he was, then I think Cronulla's action should be universal. However, until Bird has had his day in court......

Either way, Dogs or Chooks shouldn't be able to touch him until after the expiry of his contract.

Because it is up to police to protect the victim from themselves as well so they can enforce an AVO on their behalf even if the victim doesn't want it.

Loudstrat

Coach
And how often does that happen? I've heard of far worse incidents where the police don't take those measures.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Good point...how many local juniors will make a full-strength Dogs side next year?

They are deadset becoming as bad as the Roosters etc.

Ugh.... EVERY team buys players. FFS two years ago your captain won a f*cking premiership at Brisbane.

In case it skipped you're tiny brain, the shirt was to do with commemorating the the 70-something year rivalry between the clubs and a little friendly fire about the Mason departure (as well as the fact that three of their biggest names came from the club).

ByRd

First Grade
oh, that bred not bought was a shirt to stir up the clash with the roosters, there was nothing more in it. All clubs buy players and we are no exception but the shirt and slogan was just to build the rivalry up with the chooks

Chachi

Bench
With Matt Elliott at the helm I'm surprised the word 'Penrith' hasn't been thrown up. Maybe he's hanging out for Carney though.