What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulldogs may try to sign troubled Shark Greg Bird

bartman

Immortal
What I can't unbderstand about the Bird issues is that his GF didn't want the AVO taken out - but the police did it anyway, and won the appeal. How does an AVO be fair if the person it is supposed to protect doesn't want it?

Who is behind the AVO?
Sometimes the facts as they are known mean that an authority (in this case the police/court) can deem on balance that someone is unable to decide what is in their best interests.

This could be because of their state of mind, or the state of psychological or actual dependence upon a person who is believed to have caused them harm.

One avenue that hasn't been explored by journalists that could explain the actions of police/courts against Kate's will are the conditions of Kate's visa and conditions of being able to stay in the country.

I believe it has been reported that she is on a student visa, and in my understanding these are usually time limited to one year. Her intention to apply for extension to continue her relationship with Bird in Australia could be dependent on them being able to prove that they have formed a relationship and have been living together as a couple (with him as an Australian citizen) for a continuous set period of time.

The AVO gets in the way of those realities, and hence gives the police/court reason to enforce the AVO against her wishes, having deemed her decision-making on the issue impaired due to the circumstances.

All a bit much for the likes of a neanderthal like Bird to understand...

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
It seems funny that the roosters cant afford sg ball and harold mathews teams and are trying to offload Amos Roberts, and yet can afford Bird.

Since when was Bird ever coming to the Roosters? It was just the Telegraph making up stories again.. We are fielding SG Ball and Harold Mathews teams too..

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Ugh.... EVERY team buys players. FFS two years ago your captain won a f*cking premiership at Brisbane.

In case it skipped you're tiny brain, the shirt was to do with commemorating the the 70-something year rivalry between the clubs and a little friendly fire about the Mason departure (as well as the fact that three of their biggest names came from the club).

Which other Two big names, O'Meley sure though he did come via North Sydney and the Northern Eagles.. Can't think of any other big names from the Bulldogs.. There was another guy but the Bulldogs fans here said he was just a crap bench player :roll:

charlie frith

Juniors
The Bulldogs are trying to improve their image, there is no way they will attempt to sign a boofhead like Greg Bird.He is a serial offender.

sydraider

First Grade
If Bird did head over to the latte set, it would make those Sharks v Roosters games in the future a bit more spiteful hehe.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Ugh.... EVERY team buys players. FFS two years ago your captain won a f*cking premiership at Brisbane.

You didn't answer my question....How many local's will you have in your team next year? I never said Penrith doesn't buy players, but i know for a fact we will have more local's in our side next year than you...

Off the top of my head i can think of Jarrod Hickey...

cb4

First Grade
and your players were all local juniors??
kettle calling the tea pot black there

Hanscholo

Bench
lol at the box ticking. They must have only received a shipment of pens mid way thru the 2008 season when the ticking or lack there of would have reached fever pitch.

badav

Bench
whats the difference between being de registered and being banned for life?

Being de-registered does not mean you are banned for life.

Dane Tilse was de-registered and then signed with Canberra. De-registration can be temporary.

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
In relation to the recent speculation relating to Greg Bird it’s important that I clarify a couple of points:-

- Greg Bird is not part of the Club’s plans, we have not had any discussions with him or his Manager nor have we expressed any interest in him joining our Club.

- We already have a number of high class players and some exciting young talent coming through who play five-eighth and lock, recruiting in these positions is not an immediate priority for us.

Todd Greenberg

Chief Executive Officer

http://bulldogs.com.au/main.php?page=article&id=1953

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The Sydney Roosters strongly deny the recent media speculation that Cronulla’s Greg Bird has been approached by the Sydney Roosters to play at the club next season.
The speculation is unfounded and the club confirms it has not been in negotiation with Greg Bird nor his management and he will not be made an offer.
The Roosters have quality players and some exciting young talent coming through in the five-eight and lock positions and Greg Bird is not part of the club’s plans.

http://sydneyroosters.com.au/news.php?ArticleID=3551