What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bundaberg Red Cup 2009

Roland

Juniors
Windsor used 52 players in the Bundy Cup this year, with only 11 players playing more than 10 games. I would think that this sort of turnover would make it hard to be defend a title but certainly Wenty were a lot stronger than last year.

I saw on the NSW Cup thread that a Cronulla supporter said that the Sharks would not have a side next year. This would mean the Sharks would be looking to place some of their NRL squad with other clubs.

Southern District's prospects would improve with 3 NRL players each week but I also saw a reference to discussions between Cronulla and Cabramatta. If true, Cabra could have 3 NRL players each week next year but the 2 big point players in the Cabra side would not fit in.

CABRA ROCKS

Juniors
Windsor used 52 players in the Bundy Cup this year, with only 11 players playing more than 10 games. I would think that this sort of turnover would make it hard to be defend a title but certainly Wenty were a lot stronger than last year.

I saw on the NSW Cup thread that a Cronulla supporter said that the Sharks would not have a side next year. This would mean the Sharks would be looking to place some of their NRL squad with other clubs.

Southern District's prospects would improve with 3 NRL players each week but I also saw a reference to discussions between Cronulla and Cabramatta. If true, Cabra could have 3 NRL players each week next year but the 2 big point players in the Cabra side would not fit in.
:shock:I Heard a Source from a Cabra Ground Official that a Couple of Seasons ago Cronulla Sharks were Interested in some sort of merger Venture..But the Cabra Board Backed out & Decided to Stick with the Policy of Relying on their Juniors..but no Doubt there is some sort of Relationship or Link with Both Clubs..but can u imagine if there was a Merger with Both Clubs...with the array of Talent in the CABRA Juniors,..as Cabra has almost all Grades in the Grand final this Season..hmm..i must check out that post on the NSWRL Site...cheers for the Info..

:shock:I Heard a Source from a Cabra Ground Official that a Couple of Seasons ago Cronulla Sharks were Interested in some sort of merger Venture..But the Cabra Board Backed out & Decided to Stick with the Policy of Relying on their Juniors..but no Doubt there is some sort of Relationship or Link with Both Clubs..but can u imagine if there was a Merger with Both Clubs...with the array of Talent in the CABRA Juniors,..as Cabra has almost all Grades in the Grand final this Season..hmm..i must check out that post on the NSWRL Site...cheers for the Info..

A few seasons ago there were intial discussions with the sharks, but did not go far. It is rumoured that not only the sharks, but tigers and roosters are interested in using cabra as a team to send players back to. There was a meeting between senior club officials and parramatta officials, including coach anderson, at Cabra RLC. No news out of that one but one could assume that parra have heard some going ons. There are some at club who are saying that cabra gets treated as second class citizen compared to wenty despite providing a high number of nrl players. Also despite having numerous teams in grand finals including 15-1, 17-1, c-2, c-1 and a-2 no coaches seem to get selected in parramatta rep teams in any position. Also unsavourary incident at 17-1s major semi when captain Rodney Maofaffoa, signed cronulla 2010, 2011 was about to run on and were denied playing because he played 5 minutes in 20s. the night before, those involved from cabra were filthy apparently. It does seem strange that cabra has supplied plenty of players over the years but parra seem not to rate their coaches, maybe some have had enough. Interesting times and u gotta luv the off season.

CABRA ROCKS

Juniors
:xCan't Agree with you more ..'BTTF'..Thats why i hope Clubs Like CABRA, MOUNTIES, & PENRITH BROTHERS..win the BUNDY RED CUP..comp Next Year.[as we don't have High Calibre players to bring down from NSW Cup]..thats another Issue i don't Blame players for Wanting to sign up for Clubs like Wentys Magpies & Sydney Bulls & Southern Districts & Campbelltown Eagles & Windsor wolves, as if u play well for the ..'BRC' competition A PLAYER can be called up for VB/NSW Cup so there is Better Options for the them at those Clubs.

From the Cabramatta RLC Website 25th Februaury, 2009

"
SMALL NAMED NSWRL PLAYER OF THE YEAR

Cabramatta Two Blues front row forward Jamie Small capped off a remarkable season by being named the Most Valuable player in the Bundy Red Cup at the NSWRL awards dinner on Thursday, September 24. Small beat a host of strong competitors from rival cluns to win the coveted award, yet another first inm the Cabramatta Clubs history.

From the Cabramatta RLC website Tuesday 6-10-09
TWO BLUES JOIN FORCES WITH CRONULLA SHARKS

The Cabramatta Two Blues have agreed to terms for 12 months to form a joint venture team with the Cronulla Sharks to play in the 2010 NSW Cup Competition. The side, which would be known as the Cabramatta Two-Blues and will play out of New Era Stadium at Cabramatta, would contain between 5 and 8 players from Cronulla's Top 25 full time squad.
Cabramatta will still retain its ties with the Parramatta Eels, and the Eels will still have first preference when selecting juniors for Development or Junior Representative teams. The partnership however, will offers young players playing for Cabramatta a direct link through to first grade should they be overlooked by the Eels and access to one of the greatest coaches in the NRL in Ricky Stuart.

The Wrong Eye

Juniors
does this mean that they are out of the Bundy Cup ??
Any news if The Entrance or any others are coming in again for 2010 ??

T

Juniors
In rugby league review it says that Royal australian navy(roosters+ souths area) and UTS Tigers (balmain) are considering entering this comp from the NSW tertiary competition.

mono_mal

Juniors
I think the UTS Tigers idea wont eventuate. The problem has arisen as Balmain were playing surplus squad members with UTS in the Tertiary League and this League doesnt support paid/contracted players participating.To my knowledge Balmain still have at least one other option, being to field players with North Ryde who I think still compete in senior league.
To field a BRC team would require more funding from Balmain, who have already entered a joint venture with Ryde Eastwood to be financially viable. If Balmain were able to stand on their own feet perhaps the Hawks could return to the BRC? The club was a mainstay of the Metro Cup and earlier second division competitions and the Balmain district also currently rent TG Milner for junior league fixtures. A Hawks BRC fixture could be a popular main game on a Sunday following junior games.

BUNDY RED CUP

SMALL, DALLALANA, RIMMER SIGN

Cabramatta have retained the services of 2009 NSWRL Bundaberg Cup Player of the Year Jamie Small and key players Andrew Dallalana and Brett Rimmer for the 2010 season, as negotiations continue with the 2009 squad. On a sad note, local juniors Ross Brown (Bulls), Sika Teaupa (Mounties) and Sammy Aiga (Wenty) have moved on and will not be with Cabramatta for 2010.
SHARKS MERGER SHELVED

The joint venture Premier League proposal by Cabramatta to join forces with the Cronulla Sharks has been shelved for a season after the district Club, Parramatta Eels, made strong objection to the partnership, halting the process for well over a month. Under the guidelines governing the NSWRL, Parramatta as the district Club have to give consent to any partnership of any of the clubs residing in their geographical boundries with another district Club, and after an ongoing process of seeking approval, Cabramatta decided it was time to start preparing for next season and have put the plans on hold for 12 months, should they still be available in 2010.

CABRA ROCKS

Juniors
YEAP... DON THOMPSON CONFIRMED Yesterday fOOTY... with the signings of front rower KEITH HECKENBURG & Second Rower FRANCIS VAIOTU & the Centre & Wing JOSH MCKLEVENNY & LOUIS VAIOTU...Great news for 2BLUE supporters.!!