What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bundaberg Red Cup 2009

mono_mal

Juniors
The Daily Telegraph reported today that the competition will be known as the Bundy Cup in 09 due to current sponorship arrangements between CUB (whom distribute Bundy) and the NRL/ARL.
Apparently whilst Erina, Shellharbour and Belrose have left the competition Brothers will join as reported above, with the NSWRL also apparently attempting to lure Norths and Ryde Eastwood to field teams.
Norths have considered fielding a JBC team in previous seasons due to the axing of Jersey Flegg and the withdrawal of the Asquith Magpies from the JBC so I'd say theyd be a decent possibility.
Ryde-Eastwood meanwhile have been happy to throw away their identity to field a joint venture with Balmain in Premier League and havent fielded a team in the JBC since its inaugural year. The money is there though I doubt the interest is.

Roland

Juniors
The Daily Telegraph reported today that the competition will be known as the Bundy Cup in 09 due to current sponorship arrangements between CUB (whom distribute Bundy) and the NRL/ARL.
Apparently whilst Erina, Shellharbour and Belrose have left the competition Brothers will join as reported above, with the NSWRL also apparently attempting to lure Norths and Ryde Eastwood to field teams.
Norths have considered fielding a JBC team in previous seasons due to the axing of Jersey Flegg and the withdrawal of the Asquith Magpies from the JBC so I'd say theyd be a decent possibility.
Ryde-Eastwood meanwhile have been happy to throw away their identity to field a joint venture with Balmain in Premier League and havent fielded a team in the JBC since its inaugural year. The money is there though I doubt the interest is.

NSWRL is getting desperate. Norths dont have the money and Ryde Eastwood gives the Tigers all of the money that went to their metro team so they would have cut that back for a second team and they have no juniors so it would be a Flegg team that would get hammered every week. Better to have a bye than that situation.

Roland

Juniors
Now that Belrose have dropped out James Mortimer has joined Wenty.

His brother Tim joined Wenty from Belrose earlier this season when he couldnt get a run in his favoured position of full back with the Eagles. After a few games in the JBC he established himself as full back in the State Cup side that went on to win the comp.

James has been in the JBC rep team for the last 2 years as well as spending half the time in the Manly State Cup side so he will probably play in Wenty's top side.

Anyone know where the other Belrose players are heading?

Stagger eel

Staff member

His brother Tim joined Wenty from Belrose earlier this season when he couldnt get a run in his favoured position of full back with the Eagles. After a few games in the JBC he established himself as full back in the State Cup side that went on to win the comp.

James has been in the JBC rep team for the last 2 years as well as spending half the time in the Manly State Cup side so he will probably play in Wenty's top side.

on the grapevine...I'm hearing that James Mortimer and Trent Rose could be joined Aaron Howarth and Adam Shaw at Wenty.

but can't confirm it at this stage..

Last edited:

Roland

Juniors
on the grapevine...I'm hearing that James Mortimer and Trent Rose could be joined Aaron Howarth and Adam Shaw at Wenty.

but can't confirm it at this stage..

Thanks mate. Adam Shaw - another Belrose player and Rose will be one of many Manly players on the market with Manly dropping out. There might be less teams next year but it looks like they will have much more depth.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Thanks mate. Adam Shaw - another Belrose player and Rose will be one of many Manly players on the market with Manly dropping out. There might be less teams next year but it looks like they will have much more depth.

care to give us an opinion on what you think of Adam Shaw??

Roland

Juniors
Ben Green, who was contracted with Newtown but spent half the season with feeder club Chester Hill, has moved back to Qld to play with Wynnum Manly.

Roland

Juniors
Mounties backrower Justin Coveney has signed on to play with Wests in the State Cup. Coveney played junior reps with Wests and had a few games in the Premier League some years ago.

100yearsRL

Juniors
rumour doing the rounds is that Cabramatta are chasing the former dragon Ben Ellis to join his brother at the club. Nothing confirmed yet.

The Wrong Eye

Juniors

RAM MAN would be able to answer this ?
He knew all the going ons at Belrose last season , he was very informative.

Ram Man

Juniors
RAM MAN would be able to answer this ?
He knew all the going ons at Belrose last season , he was very informative.

Thanks for the wrap Eye!

James Mortimer has all but signed on with Wentworthville to play next season so pretty much a done deal. Adam Shaw is currently training with Wenty as well and will more than likely follow Morts and play with Wenty. He is a good front-row/back-row forward with a high work rate and there is plenty of quality in his work, a pretty handy pick up for wenty if they give him a chance.
As for the rest of Belrose, most of us, including myself, will be staying at Belrose to play in the local Manly competition. Players such as Steve Carew, Jimmy Curtis, Mailangi Styles, Dave Marando and pretty much most of the boys decided to stick together and play a season with the club, which says a lot for the club itself really. A lot of us have decided to stay because of the new coach, Keiran Dempsey, former Norths NRL coach joining the club.
Hope this helps you out guys!

Stagger eel

Staff member
Thanks for the wrap Eye!

James Mortimer has all but signed on with Wentworthville to play next season so pretty much a done deal. Adam Shaw is currently training with Wenty as well and will more than likely follow Morts and play with Wenty. He is a good front-row/back-row forward with a high work rate and there is plenty of quality in his work, a pretty handy pick up for wenty if they give him a chance.
As for the rest of Belrose, most of us, including myself, will be staying at Belrose to play in the local Manly competition. Players such as Steve Carew, Jimmy Curtis, Mailangi Styles, Dave Marando and pretty much most of the boys decided to stick together and play a season with the club, which says a lot for the club itself really. A lot of us have decided to stay because of the new coach, Keiran Dempsey, former Norths NRL coach joining the club.
Hope this helps you out guys!

thanks mate..what about Aaron Howarth? I hear his training at wenty also, isn't he a Belrose Boy??

Ram Man

Juniors
thanks mate..what about Aaron Howarth? I hear his training at wenty also, isn't he a Belrose Boy??

Never heard of him Stagger, the only Aaron we had was Aaron Warren, Jared Warren's brother. But Aaron Howarth has not been at Belrose in the last 3 years that I have been at the club.

As for the rumours of James Mortimer going to Hull KR, I can confirm that it was complete bull$hit.
Even he doesnt know who made them up, but he is definately not going to Hull.

Stagger eel

Staff member
thanks RM..

yep, james is definitely with us and we're more than happy to have him, Tim and Daniel in the Parramatta/Wentworthville club.

CABRA ROCKS

Juniors
rumour doing the rounds is that Cabramatta are chasing the former dragon Ben Ellis to join his brother at the club. Nothing confirmed yet.
Yeah..100years..Although not confirmed yet. Ben Ellis was at Cabra ..BC.. pre Season Training yesterday.

Last edited:

Latest posts