What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

burgess return quicker than expected?

innsaneink

Referee
massive loss for the game and souths. i am hoping he comes back soon because he is in his prime now. if he doesnt then atleast he got to be a big part of the memorable grand final win. he is already a legend now, no matter what happens in the future. good luck sammy..

So he remains something he is now no matter what the future may hold?

Thats funny coming from you...

kbw

Bench
Yeah, it's because the NRL has to cover the entire cap through it's grant.

Once they can stabilise cash flows of all clubs, like Tigers, Dragons, Titans etc. then they can quickly raise the cap to 10-12million while still retaining parity as all clubs will be able to spend their cap if they wish.

Unfortunately that is not true. While there maybe 2 or 3 at the most clubs that may get close to that ability, the market that the NRL has is not big enough to support the sort of income that is required.
The money the NRL is currently spending can not be supported for much longer, its an artificial market created by an over inflated cost for TV rights based on the number of people that watch.

There was a study done based on sporting markets and the average NRL player should be on $60K giving a salary cap of 1.5 million.

That together with a declining product, the NRL are not going to attract more money

kbw

Bench
massive loss for the game and souths. i am hoping he comes back soon because he is in his prime now. if he doesnt then atleast he got to be a big part of the memorable grand final win. he is already a legend now, no matter what happens in the future. good luck sammy..

legend my ass, a good player yes, but everyone but $ouff$ supporters know he should not have played in the GF. A dirty filthy player completely protected

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Unfortunately that is not true. While there maybe 2 or 3 at the most clubs that may get close to that ability, the market that the NRL has is not big enough to support the sort of income that is required.
The money the NRL is currently spending can not be supported for much longer, its an artificial market created by an over inflated cost for TV rights based on the number of people that watch.

There was a study done based on sporting markets and the average NRL player should be on $60K giving a salary cap of 1.5 million.

That together with a declining product, the NRL are not going to attract more money

if you believe what u posted here u may require a stay in an institution

alien

Referee
So he remains something he is now no matter what the future may hold?

Thats funny coming from you...

i am saying that he is already a legend for getting a bad injury during the grand final but playing on and winning, like john sattler. Even if he doesnt come back, he is already a legend and always will be. its not that hard to understand is it???

bottle

Coach
I love how blokes who play a couple of years are regarded as legends by their sycophants.
Legends stand the test of time.
Sattler did, Burgess didn't, SBW didn't.
Led Zep did, every band compared to them since didn't.
It's easily understood once you understand it.

alien

Referee
I love how blokes who play a couple of years are regarded as legends by their sycophants.
Legends stand the test of time.
Sattler did, Burgess didn't, SBW didn't.
Led Zep did, every band compared to them since didn't.
It's easily understood once you understand it.

5 years more like it, and having legendary status doesn't always depend on amount of time played.

bottle

Coach
5 years more like it, and having legendary status doesn't always depend on amount of time played.

According to you, which doesn't count for much because you might just change your mind like you do your teams.

Rabbits20

Immortal
legend my ass, a good player yes, but everyone but $ouff$ supporters know he should not have played in the GF. A dirty filthy player completely protected

Sam is a LEGEND!!

Still butthurt I see. Sam wouldn't have been suspended for that.

You know how much Hargreaves got away with?

GET OVER IT!

alien

Referee
Sammy said himself that he couldn't have played the rest of his sporting career in the NRL because of how he plays. He plays like he is in somebody else's body. His body wouldn't handle it. He may just be playing Rugby for a couple of years (rest time), and then he may come back to the NRL for another 5 years, and then he can retire.

hutch

First Grade

Possibly the biggest load of rubbish I have read on here.

i am saying that he is already a legend for getting a bad injury during the grand final but playing on and winning, like john sattler. Even if he doesnt come back, he is already a legend and always will be. its not that hard to understand is it???
Makes him a Souffs legend at best, similar to SKD for the roosters.

I love the man, but his broken jaw in the GF doesn't make him a legend of the game, it makes him a club legend.

innsaneink

Referee
Oh I get it.....you identify with him....switching codes/switching clubs...yep.

You say, "No matter what happens in the future....he will be a legend"

Thats fine...but coming from you, someone changes everything depending on what happens in the future....its a bit rich.
its not that hard to understand is it???

no name

Coach
Man of the match for 2 knock ons and a try going by the highlights.
What the f**k were the other players doing?

Latest posts