What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Burt or Hayne

Snoochies

First Grade
In all fairness to Burt, he must be doing something right, he always seems to be near the top of the list with most points scored in the NRL. Thats something Parra needs, points!!!!

At the end of the day, DA knows the game and players alot better than we do I guess, so I'll go with the coaches call on this one.

Last edited:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Burt has been in and OUT of first grade for ten years now, Hayne is entering his 4th season and is already an SOO representative and has scored some of the most memorable individual trys in first grade and SOO history.

Tim Smiths grubbers have gone, as well as Burts form ( well the only form he has ever had wasin 2007, the other years he struggled to remain in firsts) coincidence?

all very true and he did that playing on the wing, not fullback

Suitman

Post Whore
In all fairness to Burt, he must be doing something right, he always seems to be near the top of the list more most points scored in the NRL. Thats something Parra needs, points!!!!

At the end of the day, DA knows the game and players alot better than we do I guess, so I'll go with the coaches call on this one.

I'm with you.

Suity

Ron Jeremy

Coach
In all fairness to Burt, he must be doing something right, he always seems to be near the top of the list more most points scored in the NRL. Thats something Parra needs, points!!!!

Joel Caine

Ron Jeremy

Coach
how does a bloke who's achieved the second highest point scorer in the clubs history struggle from day 1?

how many times has the guy been in and out of firsts?

Even in 2005 from memory he spent a fair time in reserves, and the great Scott donald kept him out of the 2001 side for a while as well.

joel Caine=god

spiderdan

Bench
eion crossin was one of the worst players i think i've ever seen, yet seemed to regularly get near the top of the leading point-scorers list. ditto for ian herron and darryl halligan. all it means is that burt is a competent goal kicker.

that said i don't think burt is the useless hack some people make him out to be and wasn't the only player guilty of playing well below his capability last year. i do think that our team is better served with hayne playing fullback though.

Stagger eel

Staff member
how many times has the guy been in and out of firsts?

you tell me..

I can tell you he only played 1 gasme of reserve grade a couple of years ago when cam back from injury in 2006.

1999: 7 tries 23 goals.
2000: 5 tries 29 goals.
2001: 13 tries 20 goals
2002: 9 tries 39 goals
2003: 3 tries 5 goals (spent the majority of the year on the sideline with 2 serious injuries)
2004: 12 tries 43 goals
2005: 11 tries 85 goals
2006: 5 tries 28 goals (another injury raveged year)
2007: 9 tries 59 goals
2008: 12 tries 62 goals

what a disgusting career that is...:sarcasm:

lewiscook

Juniors
awful and disgusting.....

some of the words used to describe Luke Burts career over the past week by people who claim to be parra fans and you hand pick my post???

hypacrite.

Pfft, how am i a hypacrite?
i hand pickedd you because you were all for haynes resigning and your a mod...
ok i may be wrong, but i just feel that saying all this stuff bout playerss isnt going to do much good as we saw in the tim smith debacle...9 months on and half the fans wont him back.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Pfft, how am i a hypacrite?
i hand pickedd you because you were all for haynes resigning and your a mod...
ok i may be wrong, but i just feel that saying all this stuff bout playerss isnt going to do much good as we saw in the tim smith debacle...9 months on and half the fans wont him back.

offcourse I was all for Haynes re-signing why wouldn't I be he's a class footballer who wins you games, I'm just waiting for it to happen...

I'm not the one who described Burts career as disgusting and awful and I also maintained that he wouldn't be in my line at full strength. but if he's as bad as what some people claim him to be than I've never seen a game of footy in my life.

lewiscook

Juniors
offcourse I was all for Haynes re-signing why wouldn't I be he's a class footballer who wins you games, I'm just waiting for it to happen...

I'm not the one who described Burts career as disgusting and awful and I also maintained that he wouldn't be in my line at full strength. but if he's as bad as what some people claim him to be than I've never seen a game of footy in my life.

fair enough, sorry i used you as an example.
i just find it annoying that people are quick to hate hayne and burtt,
i see hayne and burt as two completely different playerss.
i see burt as a player of the past who has been run down by new improved backss such as hayne, inglis and folau. i can only see burt being in our top 17 if he is a utility off the bench or something?
i find it difficullt myself to leave him out of my top 17 because of his great persona.
i truely think its time to move on from players like luke burt in your backline..

forward pass

Coach
fair enough, sorry i used you as an example.
i just find it annoying that people are quick to hate hayne and burtt,
i see hayne and burt as two completely different playerss.
i see burt as a player of the past who has been run down by new improved backss such as hayne, inglis and folau. i can only see burt being in our top 17 if he is a utility off the bench or something?
i find it difficullt myself to leave him out of my top 17 because of his great persona.
i truely think its time to move on from players like luke burt in your backline..

Seriously mate, when you mention players names - you could at least use capital letters in their names. You mention them like you are talking about chairs or tables.

They are people and deserve some respect ! :roll:

lewiscook

Juniors
Seriously mate, when you mention players names - you could at least use capital letters in their names. You mention them like you are talking about chairs or tables.

They are people and deserve some respect ! :roll:

umm..............
SHUT THE f**k UP?

Latest posts