What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Burt or Hayne

Mickyd39

Juniors
farkkk me,
you are a veryyy angry oldd man..
its funny how everyone is quick to giving playerss sh*t when there down the sh*tter, and praise them when there doing well...
everyone just got to chill and wait to see what happens next year..

i agree.

lets just wait and see what happens. i would be happy if the whole team improved on last season.

i don't think Burt or Hayne were the sole reasons for a bad 08.

Mickyd39

Juniors
I can't see anywhere where anyone has suggested that.

Suity

I'm aware that no one suggested that they were the reason for a bad 08.

I thought i would just put it out there.

I think everyone needs to stop bagging individual players and just wait and see what happens. If it turns out that one or both of them or the whole team are not putting in, then start bagging them. Until that happens, just chill.

Hopefully both of them and the whole team will fire this season.

Freak2

Juniors
Personally I would prefer Burt at Fullback and Hayne on the Wing.

Hayne has played his best footy on the wing and Burt at fullback but Hayne has this dumb mentality that Wingers are not as important in a football side.
The importance of quality kick returns, work out of dummy half, slide VS up and in defence, and flying for defensive and attacking bombs to the wings are becoming some of the most critical components in league.
Good wingers are so often the difference between winning and losing a football game.

Raudonikis

Juniors
To a certain extent Freak is right, like Jarryd Haynes played his best footy as a winger,lets not forget he got picked in origin as a winger and for Australia as a winger.He is kidding himself if he thinks he can get rep honours at fullback or centre for that matter!!! the Burt vs Hayne debate..Ill go with Luke Burt and put loud mouth (im the gun player) Hayne on the wing for now

strider

Post Whore
To a certain extent Freak is right, like Jarryd Haynes played his best footy as a winger,lets not forget he got picked in origin as a winger and for Australia as a winger.He is kidding himself if he thinks he can get rep honours at fullback or centre for that matter!!! the Burt vs Hayne debate..Ill go with Luke Burt and put loud mouth (im the gun player) Hayne on the wing for now
hey! Fiji ... 4th best rugby league nation in the world :sarcasm:

Raudonikis

Juniors
i would however like to hear parra petes opinion on this matter and im being serious pete,not being a smartarse..what do u think???

Raudonikis

Juniors
Yeah ok but everyone else has had a say on this subject so im just curious,as most probably are others on here,what pete has to say on this matter..like i mean he is still giving Tim Smith reports so why not hang it all out there Pete? Hayne or Burt? Share your wisdom with us

Freak2

Juniors
For the record PP said a lot of truths on the Tim Smith situation that the majority failed to accept or agree with.

parra pete

Referee
i would however like to hear parra petes opinion on this matter and im being serious pete,not being a smartarse..what do u think???

Hayne would be my choice.
In my opinion again, Joel Reddy was the most consistent back in 2008 and did enough to retain a spot somewhere in the line-up first up. Whether he can hang onto is another matter. I( think he is starting to mature into a good player.
I liked what I saw of Tautai late in the season too, and Etu was good in the Wenty GF win..
This time last year people on this forum were pleading with the Club to resign Hayne and Inu..I am glad they have resigned. Both, in my opinion, are brilliant players..
Krisnan busted his leg in the first game and missed twelve games and J Hayne had the incident at the Cross. You would hope that both boys would reproduce their 2007 form in 2009. Hope so anyway.
Luke Burt is a good back up to have waiting in the wings....but hey, that's just my opinion..

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=CkDwrGPcChM&feature=related

parra pete

Referee
Yeah ok but everyone else has had a say on this subject so im just curious,as most probably are others on here,what pete has to say on this matter..like i mean he is still giving Tim Smith reports so why not hang it all out there Pete? Hayne or Burt? Share your wisdom with us

"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing." - Elbert Hubbard

The P Eel

Juniors
Hayne would be my choice.
In my opinion again, Joel Reddy was the most consistent back in 2008 and did enough to retain a spot somewhere in the line-up first up. Whether he can hang onto is another matter. I( think he is starting to mature into a good player.
I liked what I saw of Tautai late in the season too, and Etu was good in the Wenty GF win..
This time last year people on this forum were pleading with the Club to resign Hayne and Inu..I am glad they have resigned. Both, in my opinion, are brilliant players..
Krisnan busted his leg in the first game and missed twelve games and J Hayne had the incident at the Cross. You would hope that both boys would reproduce their 2007 form in 2009. Hope so anyway.
Luke Burt is a good back up to have waiting in the wings....but hey, that's just my opinion..

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=CkDwrGPcChM&feature=related

Hey PP - well said - could not agree with you more. Hope for a big one from Reddy and to keep developing as a fine 1st Grade player and big years from Inu and Hayne. :D

Cheers,