What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Burt v Hayne - The Stats

parraeelz

Juniors
If we're going to start accommodating players based on that we've already lost the battle.

yea i get wut u mean
but my main point is that i think burts srsly useless and hayne shud be fullbak
he would be an awesome centre but our team is not feeding our baks any ball
in 07 wen he was in the australian side he got moved into the centres coz of gasnier gettin injured by matai
he had a mad game in the centres and all coz he got quality ball
in 08 trial matches again in centres with our old attack where hayne n inu get plenty of ball he was tipped to make the aus team again
this yr however if hes playin centre and barely touchin the ball he HAS to go to fulbak

lingard

Coach
They do care:lol: quite funny how Hayne has almost as many wins at fb in under 20 games then Burt at 40:lol:

Burt isn't a capable fb, he's a fringe fb. If he couldn't kick goals he would be over at Featherstone or Bately as we speak, that's the truth!

Out of all the fullbacks in the NRL at the moment, where would you rate Burt amongst them? and dont give me this bs 'but but but it depends on the value he offers the team as a whole' bs because that's the same crap that Cayless and Finch fans said, time to cut the sh*t!

Just for the record, Ron; I agree with you. I think Hayne is quite a bit better player than Burt. But out of interest, of all the five-eights in the NRL, where would you rate Hayne over the first four rounds this year? And as a centre, where would you rate him - against all the other centres?
I suppose what I`m trying to say is: two things:
1. Whilst I am warming to Hayne this year, with his improved involvement and his toughness, in particular, I still don`t put him in the same class as Inglis or Folau, yet. Perhaps that`s because he doesn`t have stars around him like they do.
2. The same could be said for Burt though; put him at fullback for Melbourne or Brisbane, and he might be a lot better.
3. (that`s three things, isn`t it?) I`ve got a funny feeling that Hayne`s best position might actually be five-eight. He couldn`t show his wares outside Finch, but I`d like to see him given another go there later in the year.

lingard

Coach
ok Brett Stuart in manly and they win he scores 3 tries on return why is that, because he puts himself in positions to score points, he is a freak ...

look at burt scores a lucky try at the end of the game where they clocked off, inu is a better goal kicker and he should be goal kicking he has better %'s ...
I don`t care one way or the other at the moment - Burt or Hayne; it`s not really the burning issue at present. But, don`t compare Burt with Brett Stewart. Brett Stewart is a freak at what he does. Most fullbacks in the NRL would fail by comparison to him.

lingard

Coach
Look, Daniel said at the beginning of the year, that he likes his players to be able to handle a variety of positions. So he tried Hayne at five-eight - with mixed results; but I think it has improved him as a player - he`s more aggressive, tougher, does more work. It wasn`t a failure.
The other thing is, if he put Hayne to fullback, he`d have to drop Burt to Wenty, because Burt can`t play wing, or any other position, in my opinion. Then we face the problem of having to find one more outside back. We don`t have any right now. Tauti is definitely not the answer.
So, if my reasoning is correct (and it often isn`t), putting Hayne to fullback might actually weaken the team - even if he is a better full-back than Burt. I think maybe next year, when one or two lower grade outside backs step up, then we might see Hayne at fullback. Just out of interest, though, I`d like to see him given another shot at five-eight when the team is going better.

i was at that game and to tell u the truth even tho we lost badly brought a big fkn smile to my face

Good evidence that you're an idiot.

yea i get wut u mean
but my main point is that i think burts srsly useless and hayne shud be fullbak
he would be an awesome centre but our team is not feeding our baks any ball
in 07 wen he was in the australian side he got moved into the centres coz of gasnier gettin injured by matai
he had a mad game in the centres and all coz he got quality ball
in 08 trial matches again in centres with our old attack where hayne n inu get plenty of ball he was tipped to make the aus team again
this yr however if hes playin centre and barely touchin the ball he HAS to go to fulbak

Yep, you're an idiot. Learn to type properly.

Am I right in just assuming you're nothing but a little kid? If so, no doubt you just wank off over HaHa because he's the exact Gen Y egotrip that you yourself are.

Once again - you're an idiot.

So throughout last year, Burt was not barking his orders?

The hilarious thing is that when HaHa was playing fullback, Burt had to spend a significant amount of time doing the barking because HaHa had absolutely no clue what to do.

Seriously, it was hilarious and used to be one of my favourite things to watch when at the game.

yy_cheng

Coach
So HJ what was happening when Burt was at FB last year? Did he stop barking the orders or no one was listening to him?

In my opinion, the team had no motivation and that was due a lot to the Coach.

Bark all you want for 80 minutes a week - if the rest of the week isn't working for you then that 80 minutes isn't gonna come out too well.

Or does anyone actually think Hagan was a good coach? Does anyone think Hagan wasn't largely responsible for a lot of the crap we dished up last year? Similarly, are there people that will say Anderson isn't responsible for a bit more steel this year and thus responsible for making the team more responsive to a fullback who actually knows what he is doing?

yy_cheng

Coach
In my opinion, the team had no motivation and that was due a lot to the Coach.

Bark all you want for 80 minutes a week - if the rest of the week isn't working for you then that 80 minutes isn't gonna come out too well.

Or does anyone actually think Hagan was a good coach? Does anyone think Hagan wasn't largely responsible for a lot of the crap we dished up last year? Similarly, are there people that will say Anderson isn't responsible for a bit more steel this year and thus responsible for making the team more responsive to a fullback who actually knows what he is doing?
The question is, would we miss Burt's off the ball stuff?
Would we miss Finch's off the ball stuff in the next few weeks?

lingard

Coach
When Hayne was playing fullback at the back end of 2007 he was one of the best players in the world. Burt has never been more than a handy first grader and very good goal kicker. I still can't believe since 2007 Hayne has been kept away from his best possie :crazy:

One of the best players in the world? Don`t you think that`s a bit of an exaggeration?

lingard

Coach
ummmm, when we went on the run in late 2007, if I remember correctly Hayne was fullback and Luke was out injured. We even beat the Broncs 68-22, I think there is little doubt a good fullback is better than a good bloke.

Fortunately for some , this board does not choose the teams, but if we had another decent centre, then Hayne to fullback and goodnight.

We were already on that run before Burt was injured; and Burt was slaying it at fullback. Hayne then came along and played very well, too. But the WHOLE team was playing well. For the record I think Burt is under-rated and Hayne is over-rated. Obviously, in theory, Hayne is a better player, but he`s not as good as some people think. He`s in a class behind Folau and Inglis and Slater and Stewart at the moment. He might improve when the team improves. Might get to their level, might not. But he`s not there yet.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
One of the best players in the world? Don`t you think that`s a bit of an exaggeration?
Nope not at all, he was on fire and deserved his spot in the Australian side. And since then has been kept from that position by a guy who has never played any rep footy in a career a decade long.

caylo

Bench
Admiral, they probably would have made it to the final series had he been there in 2007. I dont know if we would have been very close to melbourne had he been there. I think Hayne performace in the loss against Melbourne in 2007 is the best performance of any fullback that whol year, or for parramatta in a long time.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Admiral, they probably would have made it to the final series had he been there in 2007. I dont know if we would have been very close to melbourne had he been there. I think Hayne performace in the loss against Melbourne in 2007 is the best performance of any fullback that whol year, or for parramatta in a long time.
He also got a 10/10 against the Bronco's in RLW, in that finals series he was one of the best players running around. Putting him straight back to fullback was a no brainer. But instead Super coach try's to make a centre of him and re-signs Burt for 3 more years :? FFS no wonder we continue to struggle.

Admiral Awesome

Juniors

Perhaps, but Hayne was even more impressive in the Warriors semi in NZ. I rem thinking at the time he won us that game just by playing TOUGH. He copped a hammering and kept putting his body on the line, & still ended up scoring the winning try.

You got that game on tape HJ? Burt was probably doing a good job pointing everyone around the park from his lounge that night. Seriously, communication can be improved , toughness and desire can not be taught.

If you need proof of Burts 'toughness' watch him next time a bomb goes up.

lingard

Coach
Even if Hayne is a much better fullback than Burt, it`ll weaken the team if we put Hayne there right now.

Latest posts