What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bye Trent, dont forget to write

Prodigiousman

Juniors
Gower would be the favourite to play 5/8 if they converted a halfback.

But a real option I can see happening is Craig Wing in the #6.

But if he is fit it will be Anasta you would imagine.

The other smokeys (doesn't make them the right selection mind you) include Reni Maitua, Kurt Gidley, Ben Hornby and Scott Hill if he can get out of PL.

aids

Bench
Inferno said:
You are ineligible if you play for the Kiwis first.

If you play SOO though, you are free to play for another country and come back and play SOO.

Tony Carroll played for the kiwi's first didn't he?

Bernster

Juniors
Slappy said:
See ya' Barrett ya' filthy bastard!
Possibly the biggest myth in Rugby League!

Better take some thermal underwear, you don't want to catch a cold doing push ups in those dank pommy bars!

And don't forget to send a postcard...lol:-({|= :nwave: :lol:

Mr Saab

Referee
Tony Carroll played SL orgin 1997 and then NRL origin 1998/9/2000. He was given an allowance (just like lote and campion and ricketson amongst others) to play for other nations in World Cup 2000.
Lote hadnt even played orgin before 2000. He went Fiji, origin, Australia. Go figure.

Mr Saab said:
What price for another A Johns rescue bid for the Blues? That is firming by the day also

I bloody hope not I get sick of these hooraa's as much as the next person.

Blues could be in sh*t this year. - Thurston and Lockyer is a scary thought.

And peoples dont forget Craig Wing I'd daresay he may get a look in.

t-ba

Post Whore
dubby said:
What happens if Wigan get relegated?

He'd have to whore himself out in the hope someone has enough $$$.

If KR go up, I reckon they'd have the right combination of finances and room under the cap to lure him to East of Hull. I'm of the opinion that IF Wigan come last, they'll probably throw in a few 100,000 pounds on top of the RFL's 100k offer, money which the NL Clubs can spend on long term ventures with an eye towards a 2009 franchise.

Santa Claus, regardless of his patchy, if occasionally Brilliant form during his NRL career, will be a relevation in the British game. Big enough to make good yardage against some of the woeful British packs, whilst the skills which made him a good, if not great club player in attack will be amplified severalfold.

ChipNChase

Juniors
Braith Anasta as NSW 5/8??? Yeah right, a snowballs chance in hell I say.

He has been absolutely terrible for the Roosters this year; Watching him play is like a metaphor for sucking lemons (only you squint and wince less). Canterbury hasn't missed him and nor should they. He got pulled off last week not because he was injured, but because he is a bum. And what about the week before - split three pies passed to him in a row.

He shouldn't even be in first grade or premier league let alone Origin.

Bring back Freddy I say.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Good career and one of the dragons players I respect. As for NSW I think you may see:

6: Hill or Adam Dykes
7: Orford

Best combo availiable for you guys.

Mr Saab

Referee
t-ba said:
Santa Claus, regardless of his patchy, if occasionally Brilliant form during his NRL career, will be a relevation in the British game. Big enough to make good yardage against some of the woeful British packs, whilst the skills which made him a good, if not great club player in attack will be amplified severalfold.

I wonder if Santa does kill it over there will the critics say he is the best 5/8 in the world and should be chosen for Australia...much like what they say for Lyon.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Mr Saab said:
I wonder if Santa does kill it over there will the critics say he is the best 5/8 in the world and should be chosen for Australia...much like what they say for Lyon.

Brad Drew killed it over there! Dare I say Trent will!:lol:

phonetic

Juniors
If Adam Dykes get's a NSW jersey I'll dead set give this game away.

As for Barrett, a solid NRL career that never quite got to the heights that it promised. A good clubman, sensational defender and occasional hissy fit merchant, Trent will be missed.

Prodigiousman

Juniors
Adam Dykes is a million to one to play for NSW.

Not that he isn't in form but it is a bit delusional to think he's going to oust a few other far more media (& selector) favoured players when it comes to the time to pick the side.

3 months ago everyone didn't rate Dykes and were happy to see him go to England, so a little perspective please. He's had a few good good games but he's never backed up his 2001 form.

Heck the NSW selectors would pick Steve Menzies at 5/8 before they'll pick Dykes in the side.

lockyno1

Post Whore
phonetic said:
If Adam Dykes get's a NSW jersey I'll dead set give this game away.

You got a better option mate? Honestly he one of the only NSW 5/8ths in form!

phonetic

Juniors
My lasting memories of him will be..

The try against the broncos last year... superb.
Brainsnap after being elbowed by Thug PJ Hillsong Boy
Knocking Rodney Howe out cold with a legal hit on the Western side of Win stadium a few years back.