What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cabra 2009 Updates

100yearsRL

Juniors
Sorry boys you are both wrong.
Sika and Eddie both definately played as juniors as did Sam.

Dont get started on Cabra producing "juniors".
Hayne and Inu = Minto Cobra's
Keating = Fairfield United

Thats not producing that's poaching, dream on hahahaha.

Captain Mulga before you start spewing out your anti-cabra bs you should get your facts right. Yes they did come from those clubs you mentioned but they weren't poached.
Inu started playing at cabra when he 9 or 10, hayne came when he was 11 after being encouraged to stay where he was by the bloke who eventually coached him but he still came , 11 - 16s because after that he went to grade.
Kris Keating came to cabra after his fairfield utd team went to 2nd div and then matt came to cabra when his team folded.
Why is it Captain Mulga that people like you are dirty with cabra when in fact you should be dirty with the way mounties have developed rugby league, mounties should be the strongest club, but for a number of reasons you aren't and then you blame every body else except yourselves.
5 years or more at at club indicates that they had plenty to do with their development.

Captain Mulga

Juniors
Captain Mulga before you start spewing out your anti-cabra bs you should get your facts right. Yes they did come from those clubs you mentioned but they weren't poached.
Inu started playing at cabra when he 9 or 10, hayne came when he was 11 after being encouraged to stay where he was by the bloke who eventually coached him but he still came , 11 - 16s because after that he went to grade.
Kris Keating came to cabra after his fairfield utd team went to 2nd div and then matt came to cabra when his team folded.
Why is it Captain Mulga that people like you are dirty with cabra when in fact you should be dirty with the way mounties have developed rugby league, mounties should be the strongest club, but for a number of reasons you aren't and then you blame every body else except yourselves.
5 years or more at at club indicates that they had plenty to do with their development.

Whoa, touchy.
I am not anti Cabra and am not dirty on Cabra, in fact, I wish other junior clubs in the district were more like them.
My point is, be careful what you write into your retoric as it may come back to bite you on the ass.
All players come from somewhere before going somewhere and sometimes, they go back to where they came from or go somewhere from where they once came.
It is a free market and player movement is a fact of life and we need to understand the why's and how's of that logic.
Once that is acheived, you will not be so hurt by the comings and goings.
End of the lesson grasshopper.

100yearsRL

Juniors
Whoa, touchy.
I am not anti Cabra and am not dirty on Cabra, in fact, I wish other junior clubs in the district were more like them.
My point is, be careful what you write into your retoric as it may come back to bite you on the ass.
All players come from somewhere before going somewhere and sometimes, they go back to where they came from or go somewhere from where they once came.
It is a free market and player movement is a fact of life and we need to understand the why's and how's of that logic.
Once that is acheived, you will not be so hurt by the comings and goings.
End of the lesson grasshopper.

Fair call captain and some good points. I do know for a fact the KK and Hayne's past coach at Cabra. always acknowledges the fact that they were at previous clubs and also that he started at mounties a long time ago and thinks highly of the mounties club and especially the organisation and people involved with their bundy side.
That's the beauty of RL Captain we all have passions and like to stick up for them, hopefully you didnt think it was a personal attack on you.
In the end the majority of people involved in rugby league have one goal in common, the survival of the game and the development. Cheers captain

Captain Mulga

Juniors
Fair call captain and some good points. I do know for a fact the KK and Hayne's past coach at Cabra. always acknowledges the fact that they were at previous clubs and also that he started at mounties a long time ago and thinks highly of the mounties club and especially the organisation and people involved with their bundy side.
That's the beauty of RL Captain we all have passions and like to stick up for them, hopefully you didnt think it was a personal attack on you.
In the end the majority of people involved in rugby league have one goal in common, the survival of the game and the development. Cheers captain

No way, you wouldn't offend me 100, I agree with you totally on the last point.

CABRA ROCKS

Juniors
Well Folks it's not all Doom & Gloom for Cabra's 2010 Bundy Squad..They Seemed to Have Retained the Services of James & Trent Trotter..which is a Big Plus for us Cabra Fans..

Cabra rocks that is great news for you guys. I hope it is true because a strong cabra means a strong competition. You don't want a situation were only 2 or 3 teams can win the comp. I am sure that now the state league situation has be canned that cabra will attract plenty of interest.

footy watch

Juniors
its great news if cabra have retained the trotters as they are great players. the only dilemma is that i have heard they have agreed to terms with the bulls!!!! very interesting... can anybody confirm???

CABRA ROCKS

Juniors
its great news if cabra have retained the trotters as they are great players. the only dilemma is that i have heard they have agreed to terms with the bulls!!!! very interesting... can anybody confirm???

Got the Source from My 2 Nephews Facebook pge.. One of the Brothers stated that the Club has Retained them for 2010 & was asking them if they were Still at Cabra !!..as far as my Nephews are concerned..i don't really know....ha ha lol !!!..[ this was the quote i copied & posted to here].....so if im wrong i may have misread this..

Trent Trotter hey mate wats going on.. hope u n your bro is staying at cabra.. me n james r there

Last edited:

Funny that footywatch I heard the same rumour over the weekend. Can anyone confirm or deny this.

footy watch

Juniors
have official confirmation the trotter brothers have signed with the bulls. seems like they are building up nicely.

Stagger eel

Staff member

the Keating Family are Cabra people through and through despite KK's conection with Fairfield.

100yearsRL

Juniors
the Keating Family are Cabra people through and through despite KK's conection with Fairfield.

100% Stagger, they are cabra through and through, great young blokes and super parents. They are always willing to help with the young kids. Great cabra people:thumb

Footy Tragic

Juniors
have official confirmation the trotter brothers have signed with the bulls. seems like they are building up nicely.
I may have been premature in pointing the finger at the new coach in an earlier post for the loss of players at Cabra. Have spoken to few of the ex Cabra boys that have moved on and thay have had nothing but respect for him. Apparently a cut in money is the sticking point. Makes me wonder why the joint would finally put in a rookie coach who has done the hards for them but not show him any support in building a competitve side. Losses of Trotter brothers, Ellis brothers, Sika Teaupa, Ross Brown and Sam Aiga, so far, thats nearly half of last years GF team. With the cabra club always demanding success i wouldn't like to be in his shoes. And there are a few out there who will enjoy the demise

footy watch

Juniors
i dont believe there is a cut in money at cabra cos i know that jamie small and andrew dallallana would not be there if the money was cut!!!!!!!

CABRA ROCKS

Juniors
i dont believe there is a cut in money at cabra cos i know that jamie small and andrew dallallana would not be there if the money was cut!!!!!!!

So if Money was the Issue..for the players Leaving, I Guess Loyalty Twinkle Toe'd out the Back Door .....ha ha Lol

footy watch

Juniors
exactly, cabra rocks.. i dont believe there is a money issue.. i dont believe cabra are cutting back on funds either. quite simply,if the proposed sharks deal had eventuated cabra most certainly would have had to fork out extra money on the nsw cup. Now it is not going ahead,where is that extra money that they were throwing towards the sharks??? The club has paid quite a sum for the return of don thompson so money isnt an issue. never has,and never will be. What im led to believe is certain players were let down by the club as they were never appreciated for the blood and sweat they gave. And on top of that, the club was not honest or loyal to these players when the sharks merger was on and now its off the club has to cop it on the chin.A lesson to all,appreciate the little things players do and not just the one off big plays or named players.There is a lot more to the team than licking certain players backsides all day. Honesty goes along way to create mutual respect.

100yearsRL

Juniors
While Cabra have managed to sign a couple of "marquee players" they haven't been able to sign all of them because of the significantly better offers some players have received from rival teams, also another carot , say for a player like aiga, is the chance to play state league.
With cabra doing so well in 2009, it has also boosted the bargaining tool of previously unknown players. Unfortuately the mucking around with sharks-state league merger has hurt cabra. Players can not be blamed for trying to do the best for themselves as the time line is relatively short.
In the end loyalty is the not the determing factor, the $$$ are, that's a fact of life, doesnt always turn out to be the best decision, but $$$$ have a lot of pull.
In the big scheme of things Cabra aren't spending as much as other clubs are, which in turn has resulted in players leaving, it's not about players leaving because they have been poorly treated or who is coaching the side, it comes down to dollars and cents.

Roland

Juniors
I may have been premature in pointing the finger at the new coach in an earlier post for the loss of players at Cabra. Have spoken to few of the ex Cabra boys that have moved on and thay have had nothing but respect for him. Apparently a cut in money is the sticking point. Makes me wonder why the joint would finally put in a rookie coach who has done the hards for them but not show him any support in building a competitve side. Losses of Trotter brothers, Ellis brothers, Sika Teaupa, Ross Brown and Sam Aiga, so far, thats nearly half of last years GF team. With the cabra club always demanding success i wouldn't like to be in his shoes. And there are a few out there who will enjoy the demise

Where have the Ellis boys gone?

exactly, cabra rocks.. i dont believe there is a money issue.. i dont believe cabra are cutting back on funds either. quite simply,if the proposed sharks deal had eventuated cabra most certainly would have had to fork out extra money on the nsw cup. Now it is not going ahead,where is that extra money that they were throwing towards the sharks??? The club has paid quite a sum for the return of don thompson so money isnt an issue. never has,and never will be. What im led to believe is certain players were let down by the club as they were never appreciated for the blood and sweat they gave. And on top of that, the club was not honest or loyal to these players when the sharks merger was on and now its off the club has to cop it on the chin.A lesson to all,appreciate the little things players do and not just the one off big plays or named players.There is a lot more to the team than licking certain players backsides all day. Honesty goes along way to create mutual respect.

When the Sharks deal was on I heard people around the club saying that all of the BRC players would stay for half match payments because they would remain loyal and get a chance to play state cup.
Consequently they took it for granted that those players actually wanted to stay or could afford to play for half and didn't do anything about them.
They did not even pay the players the respect of talking to them until the Sharks deal was dead and by that time half were gone.
You are right Rocks, loyalty did go out the back door and the club didn't show much loyalty to the players who just got them to a GF.
Small and Dallallana have been shopping themselves around to other clubs so dont expect much loyalty from them, they only stayed cause they got more money at Cabra and Thompson would have cost a packet to get back although he may well be worth it.
Of the players that have been confirmed to have left they were all loyal and good clubmen who have their own reasons for leaving but I suspect part of it was the shabby treatment by the club.
The people in charge of this debacle should be shown the door.
From grand finalists to struggling to retain players.
Very dissapointed.