What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cabra 2009 Updates

how does cabra even exsist anymore
the suburb is bloody little asia
not being rascist but havent seen to many asians playing rugby league if they have somehow managed to survive
hats off to em

Were u been under a rock, 31 junior teams and Bundy Cup, facilities only bettered by saint marys. go put your white sheet back on

CABRA ROCKS

Juniors
Hey Cabra and BTTF, persistant rumour it is and what I am hearing is disturbing me greatly.
It appears that the board are going to go into partnership with the Sharks and host their State Cup team however, it also means that they will not field a BRC team and Cabra players are not gaurenteed to be given a chance to play in the State Cup.
It also means that any excess Sharks players that are not in the State Cup squad will be playing in Cabra A Grade.

In what will be a complete sell out, the clubs higher grades will be inveaded by the Sharks and the once fantastic pathway for our juniors will become a dumping ground for Sharks offcuts and close the door on junior development.

Of course they will all tell you that it will be a great opportunity for the juniors to make it to NRL level through the Sharks but the reality is that the Sharks program will continue on in the Shire so any Cabra junior that makes it through A Grade to the next level will still have to pit himself against the Sharks juniors and there will be no favours there.

You wont see any Haynes, Inu's or Keatings coming out of that lot.

In a further disturbing development, the broker of this deal appears to be disgraced former Sharks boss Tony Zappia who, if the deal proceeds, will take over as football manager of the club.

As I said, a complete sellout of the club, and the death of our juniors.
:sarcasm::roll:Its official...Corey Ruttle is the 2010 Coach..if there is a BRC Squad Next year ?..I Have big praises of Corey & When Stacker was off for 9WEEKS LAST sEASON & Corey took over the Coaching Duties, Cabra went on a winning Streak winning 9 games in a Row & he always gave the juniors a shot at playing 'Bundy cup'..& he has the Respect of the Junior players at the club. Cabra will win a Premiership under his Helm..i have no Doubts at all about that. Gee parra God thats Big news regarding the Sharks Saga.. Actually that sounded all Good to me.right up to the Part that u mentioned that Irate Corrupt Figure head 'Tony Zappia'. not a Adventurous Idea if hes Lurking among the Board,.. Bad News to be more Prompt !! but then again i don't blame the Sharkies for Venturing into the Southwest as the Juniors in Shire District are'nt Exactly Turning Heads in the Form of Scouting 'Junior Talent'..

mono_mal

Juniors
I think the Cronulla arrangement, if true, will suit Cabramatta perfectly as they have performed consistently well over the past seasons in the JBC. I believe a large majority of players can make the step up and Cabramatta's junior nursery will continue to provide players through the ranks. The addition of NRL squad members from the Sharks will help Cabra though would likely only involve 10 players, so the core of the squad would be Cabramatta contracted.
If financially viable itd be great to see Cabra field a BRC team as well. Wenty, Windsor and Bankstown operate succesfully in this format and Cabras junior depth should make it viable.

I think the Cronulla arrangement, if true, will suit Cabramatta perfectly as they have performed consistently well over the past seasons in the JBC. I believe a large majority of players can make the step up and Cabramatta's junior nursery will continue to provide players through the ranks. The addition of NRL squad members from the Sharks will help Cabra though would likely only involve 10 players, so the core of the squad would be Cabramatta contracted.
If financially viable itd be great to see Cabra field a BRC team as well. Wenty, Windsor and Bankstown operate succesfully in this format and Cabras junior depth should make it viable.

No disrespect to Cronulla but the best juniors will still go with parra as they are identified at 14 and go throught the development programs. So if arrangement is made it would be fringe players, good luck to them too,

CABRA ROCKS

Juniors
Stuff Parramatta !!.. We usally get the "Second Class Treatment" from their Club Officials. I got a Nephew who is a Cabra Jnr who got picked for The Parra Flegg Team a Couple of Seasons ago & was going Great Guns for them also until he Sustained a Shoulder Injury about fifth or sixth Game of the Season..well he was told to Go back to Cabra & get some match fitness back. 3 weeks later. he Ended up playing Agrade for Cabra & was Given a Shot by Corey Ruttle to play Bundy Cup. Parra never got back to him but instead took up all These 'S.G BALL' Players who had just finished their short season stint. So in Saying this i myself would much prefer CABRA to have some sort of Liason with the' 'Cronulla Sharks' anyways if i am correct we have had no players coming from the 'Parra District' as of the past three four years..more dealings with something of a cronulla shark Based Nature in Terms of 'JIM BEAM/BUNDY CUP' ..as Dallalana comes from cronulla & Sammy aiga & trotter came from the sHARKS NSW SQUAD..

Last edited:
From the Cabramatta RLC website Tuesday 6-10-09
TWO BLUES JOIN FORCES WITH CRONULLA SHARKS

The Cabramatta Two Blues have agreed to terms for 12 months to form a joint venture team with the Cronulla Sharks to play in the 2010 NSW Cup Competition. The side, which would be known as the Cabramatta Two-Blues and will play out of New Era Stadium at Cabramatta, would contain between 5 and 8 players from Cronulla's Top 25 full time squad.
Cabramatta will still retain its ties with the Parramatta Eels, and the Eels will still have first preference when selecting juniors for Development or Junior Representative teams. The partnership however, will offers young players playing for Cabramatta a direct link through to first grade should they be overlooked by the Eels and access to one of the greatest coaches in the NRL in Ricky Stuart.

They can put this on the website but no mention that 3 players who played their junior football at Cabramatta where involved in the grand final. Have heard that not all is well and rumour is that new regime is trying to push out a lot of the "Cabra people" and that many are feeling that the juniors are going to be forgotten.

Footy Tragic

Juniors
Alot of last years squad is beginning to walk from Cabra not happy about the new coach. Would have thought they'd have enough applicants to come up with a better option

Alot of last years squad is beginning to walk from Cabra not happy about the new coach. Would have thought they'd have enough applicants to come up with a better option

Funny how different stories do the run, have heard that only one player has left and signed somewhere else. Most I believed where waiting for the final answer on the sharks deal. With that falling through, would say safe bet that a lot of players will stay if wanted.

footy watch

Juniors
cmon,in time it will be discovered but what i can say is that one is probably your best forward over the years and the other two are very good backs..They will excell at their new club!!!

Think thats way off the mark tragic the new coach Corey Ruttler has been at the club for a long time & has been a mentor to many of the juniors coming through into bundy now & has been part of their semi final 2008 & the clubs first GF appearance this yr . The only reason players will walk is because of their prolonged negotiations with the sharks which comes down to inexperienced officials off the field .

Think thats way off the mark tragic the new coach Corey Ruttler has been at the club for a long time & has been a mentor to many of the juniors coming through into bundy now & has been part of their semi final 2008 & the clubs first GF appearance this yr . The only reason players will walk is because of their prolonged negotiations with the sharks which comes down to inexperienced officials off the field .

Would have to agree Inside Centre, poorly dealt with by NSWRL and as a result Cabra will take a few hits. Ross Brown has signed with the Bulls, with apparently one or two others having signed but are now regretting signing after cabra decided to go it alone in Bundy. Once established that Cabra are only in bundy they will attract players, like all the strong clubs, wenty, bulls etc,

CABRA ROCKS

Juniors
In my Opionion Corey Ruttle is a Great Coach & has the Respect of the Jnrs..well those that played under him in C Grade in fact as an Asistant Coach they won a Grand Final against wentys under his helm. But kind of Sad some players are Venturing out to Other clubs but that Situation happens in all Footy Circles & i wish them Luck & hope things workout for them at the other Clubs..But i Have no Doubt Cabra will Still Field a Strong Robust '2010 BUNDY Squad' Regardless of The Losses.

footy watch

Juniors
yeah rossi has signed with the bulls and a couple more to follow.so have cabra done the deal with the sharks or has it been scrapped????

From what I believe footy watch, the sharks deal is a dead duck, after NSWRL couldn't convince parra to let it happen. This will mean cabra will go it alone in bundy in 2010 I would say.

That might be a little harder to acheive than first expected.
Have heard last night that Cabra are refusing to pay players to play A Grade next year so any fringe Bundy player or player who get's dropped to A Grade will have to play for free.

Cant see that happening and expect a lot of players will test the waters at other clubs leaving Cabra high and dry.

Dont know what the logic is behind it, maybe the club is running out of cash but cant see these players playing for nothing when they are trying to make a buck before they retire.

Once again the powers that be have made a decision that raises the eyebrows.
Hope it all works out but I can see us going from penthouse to basement next year.:x

That might be a little harder to acheive than first expected.
Have heard last night that Cabra are refusing to pay players to play A Grade next year so any fringe Bundy player or player who get's dropped to A Grade will have to play for free.

Cant see that happening and expect a lot of players will test the waters at other clubs leaving Cabra high and dry.

Dont know what the logic is behind it, maybe the club is running out of cash but cant see these players playing for nothing when they are trying to make a buck before they retire.

Once again the powers that be have made a decision that raises the eyebrows.

Hope it all works out but I can see us going from penthouse to basement next year.:x

Terry that's a big call by the club if they arent going to pay A-Grade players. Cabra can't expect to groom future players for bundy in a team getting belted every week. It could also cause prospective applicants for the coaching job, a-grade, to think very carefully about taking on the job. A good coach won't mind being the "reserve grade coach" and preparing players for the next level but if it turns out to be a disaster there coaching career could be over. Can't believe that they have built up a team in the last 2 years that are capable of winning the bundy and now the powers at be are tearing it down. If you aren't going to be fair dinkum then don't enter in these competitions, as simple as that. Also shows lack of respect for the history of the club. You don't see the wentys, bulls, windsor aiming just to "compete". "NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO":crazy: