What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cabra 2009 Updates

footy watch

Juniors
back to the future, you are spot on. i know that the bulls are filthy when they dont win the comp.They are not there to just make up the numbers.I guess thats why they are so succesful to an extent. in regards to payments to the a grade,the budget has probably been blown by paying certain players their agreed bundy cup payments to play a grade.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
So I take it you guys and players are unhappy with the new arrangements with Cronulla.

I did find the arrangement strange, but figure Wenty is where reggie Parra player go, you will at least get some good players from us to help keep the winning going.

FTR As an ex Fairfield Pat and Canley Vale Kookaburra, I always hated Cabra, respect but hate.

Will be strange following them next year.

Roland

Juniors
So I take it you guys and players are unhappy with the new arrangements with Cronulla.

I did find the arrangement strange, but figure Wenty is where reggie Parra player go, you will at least get some good players from us to help keep the winning going.

FTR As an ex Fairfield Pat and Canley Vale Kookaburra, I always hated Cabra, respect but hate.

Will be strange following them next year.

See earlier posts - Parramatta has killed the Cabra deal with the Sharks so either the Sharks find the money to run their own team or they will have to find another partner closer to home.

footy watch

Juniors
proof that there is some unrest at cabra..sam aiga has signed at wentworthville. sika has signed at mounties..rossi at the bulls. small and dalallana in talks with mounties.. trotter brothers close to signing with bulls.. what is going on over there?????????????

I cant beleive they are sitting back letting all of these players go and at the same time talking about scrapping payments.

Who is in charge up there, ringling bros?

I cant beleive they are sitting back letting all of these players go and at the same time talking about scrapping payments.

Who is in charge up there, ringling bros?

Hard players to replace for the cabra club . They make the Grand Final & instead of signing the team to win next years they have signed none & lost 3 who is in charge of this RLClub . The talk of not paying the A grade can somebody confirm that if true dont enter a team . How can you let 3 quality Bundy players go not long after you go so close to winning it . Lets hope there's not more cmon cabra officials lift your game or hand in badge

The Wrong Eye

Juniors
this comp will go like the Metro Cup the clubs that spend the most will win. Sides that cannot keep up will be dropping out and it will be like the Parra comp 4 teams.

footyfan66

Juniors
Hi

From what I hear, its not only cabra who won't be paying A grade next year. Apparently the Parra board have decided to scrap payments for all A grade players. This is an attempt to 'open up the comp' and help make the smaller clubs more competitive.

Hi

From what I hear, its not only cabra who won't be paying A grade next year. Apparently the Parra board have decided to scrap payments for all A grade players. This is an attempt to 'open up the comp' and help make the smaller clubs more competitive.

The is no way the junior league can police the payment of players in a-grade, it would have to be a honour thing amongst the clubs and that won't happen, the players who have been getting paid will simply move districts or stop playing.

footyfan66

Juniors
The is no way the junior league can police the payment of players in a-grade, it would have to be a honour thing amongst the clubs and that won't happen, the players who have been getting paid will simply move districts or stop playing.

At a meeting on Saturday with the Junior League they advised that payments to A grade players would no longer be allowed, and it was voted on. All the less financial clubs agreed and it was passed.

Players moving on and weakening the A grade comp is exactly what the Parra Junior League board wants. Instead of encouraging clubs to become better and more competitive, the easiest way to deal with this is to effectively kill off the competition.

At a meeting on Saturday with the Junior League they advised that payments to A grade players would no longer be allowed, and it was voted on. All the less financial clubs agreed and it was passed.

Players moving on and weakening the A grade comp is exactly what the Parra Junior League board wants. Instead of encouraging clubs to become better and more competitive, the easiest way to deal with this is to effectively kill off the competition.

Lesser clubs will still get beat by 40+ mounties wenty cabra fielding Bundy teams with surplus/injured players to play in comp there clubs will pay them how will they police the payments . parra junior league kidding themselves how about telling the lesser teams to work a bit harder on off the field . parra A grade is gone how can they stop the payments are they going to pay the refs

footy watch

Juniors
that meeting sounds like the brainchild of terry rose and his croonies. obviously just trying to hang onto his massive salary for his inept decisions..there have been teams in the past that wanted to play a grade but because they didnt have two teams they were shafted. How about they do as the penrith comp does. Every club that only has one side play in a grade and the clubs with two also play reserve grade. so if there are 12 teams,you play every body once and then the comp splits in two. top tier 6 than bottom tier 6.you will find there are decent clubs that can supply a decent squad to compete with the better clubs.

Taken from Cabra RLC Website 28-10-09
BUNDY RED CUP

SMALL, DALLALANA, RIMMER SIGN

Cabramatta have retained the services of 2009 NSWRL Bundaberg Cup Player of the Year Jamie Small and key players Andrew Dallalana and Brett Rimmer for the 2010 season, as negotiations continue with the 2009 squad. On a sad note, local juniors Ross Brown (Bulls), Sika Teaupa (Mounties) and Sammy Aiga (Wenty) have moved on and will not be with Cabramatta for 2010.
SHARKS MERGER SHELVED

The joint venture Premier League proposal by Cabramatta to join forces with the Cronulla Sharks has been shelved for a season after the district Club, Parramatta Eels, made strong objection to the partnership, halting the process for well over a month. Under the guidelines governing the NSWRL, Parramatta as the district Club have to give consent to any partnership of any of the clubs residing in their geographical boundries with another district Club, and after an ongoing process of seeking approval, Cabramatta decided it was time to start preparing for next season and have put the plans on hold for 12 months, should they still be available in 2010.

Captain Mulga

Juniors
Taken from Cabra RLC Website 28-10-09
BUNDY RED CUP

SMALL, DALLALANA, RIMMER SIGN

Cabramatta have retained the services of 2009 NSWRL Bundaberg Cup Player of the Year Jamie Small and key players Andrew Dallalana and Brett Rimmer for the 2010 season, as negotiations continue with the 2009 squad. On a sad note, local juniors Ross Brown (Bulls), Sika Teaupa (Mounties) and Sammy Aiga (Wenty) have moved on and will not be with Cabramatta for 2010.
SHARKS MERGER SHELVED

The joint venture Premier League proposal by Cabramatta to join forces with the Cronulla Sharks has been shelved for a season after the district Club, Parramatta Eels, made strong objection to the partnership, halting the process for well over a month. Under the guidelines governing the NSWRL, Parramatta as the district Club have to give consent to any partnership of any of the clubs residing in their geographical boundries with another district Club, and after an ongoing process of seeking approval, Cabramatta decided it was time to start preparing for next season and have put the plans on hold for 12 months, should they still be available in 2010.

Bahahaha, Sam Aiga and Sika Teaupa are both Mounties juniors. Good one.

CABRA ROCKS

Juniors
Finally some positive good news..although sad to see Three strike players leave the club after providing good service over the years..too right mate gonna be hard to Replace - Rossi, Sammy, & Sika - sad to See the.. 'Poly boys' Depart ..''all the Best Boys' !!..

Footy Tragic

Juniors
Think you'll find Sika was at Cabra from at least the age of 15 before going to grade and returning. Sam came to Cabra from the wests comp at 17 and has been there the last 7 years. Or will mounties claim Sika as 5 year junior to get the discount points like Eddie Sua despite Eddie having never played for the club.

Captain Mulga

Juniors
Think you'll find Sika was at Cabra from at least the age of 15 before going to grade and returning. Sam came to Cabra from the wests comp at 17 and has been there the last 7 years. Or will mounties claim Sika as 5 year junior to get the discount points like Eddie Sua despite Eddie having never played for the club.

Sorry boys you are both wrong.
Sika and Eddie both definately played as juniors as did Sam.

Dont get started on Cabra producing "juniors".
Hayne and Inu = Minto Cobra's
Keating = Fairfield United

Thats not producing that's poaching, dream on hahahaha.

Footy Tragic

Juniors
Sorry boys you are both wrong.
Sika and Eddie both definately played as juniors as did Sam.

Dont get started on Cabra producing "juniors".
Hayne and Inu = Minto Cobra's
Keating = Fairfield United

Thats not producing that's poaching, dream on hahahaha.
I'll bet you can't produce one photo of Eddie in a mounties junior team. Fairfield Pats have plenty