What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cabra 2009 Updates

CABRA ROCKS

Juniors
sorry Guys...Forgot to Mention Cabra jnr Henry Iuta Scored a Double.. on Debut & Had a Solid Strong Game on the Wing !!

its thats true about yatesy. its an absolute disgrace for a bloke whos done alot for the club

Couldn't agree more, to first of all sign him, then parade him at season launch and then not play him is poor form. If they didnt want him not an issue but at least have the sultanas to tell him, dont string him along and then sh*# on him. Bet there are few people passing the buck on that decision now.

CABRA ROCKS

Juniors
Taken from the Cabra website

Round 1 of the 2009 Bundy Red Cup kicked off in convincing style with the Blues upsetting Chester Hill at Terry Lamb Reserve on Friday night. The Blues turned in a great first up performance to run out 38-0 winners, with centres Francis and Louis Vaiotu outstanding, while new winger Henry Iuta also scored a double on debut.
Coach Len Stacker was happy with the performance of all of his troops, in particular Captain Casey Ellis who led from the front as well as all of the Clubs new recruits who were simply outstanding in their first official hit out in Club colours. The only concern to come out of the match was interchange forward Sika Teaupu looks to have torn a hamstring and could be on the sidelines for the next few weeks.
Tries - Henry Iuta (2), James Trotter, Louis Vaiotu, Jessie O'Neill, Keith Heckenberg, Sika Teaupu. Goals - Andrew Dallalana 5 from 7.

CABRA ROCKS

Juniors
Cabramatta Blues Squad for Saturdays Game against Campbelltown Eagles :5:30pm
New Era Stadium....

Fullback
James Trotter
Wing
Josh McIllvenny
Centre
Francis Vaiotu
Centre
Louis Vaiotu
Wing
Henry Iuta
Five-Eight
Alan Burns
Half
Andrew Dallalana
Front Row
Jamie Small
Hooker
Jesse O’Neill
Front Row
Richie Parker
2nd Row
Casey Ellis ©
2nd Row
Ross Brown
Lock
Ben Ellis
Interchange
Matt Lamb
Interchange
Keith Heckenberg
Interchange
James Roche
Interchange
Pat Fitzgerald

CABRA ROCKS

Juniors
The Cabramatta Two-Blues made it two from two in the 2009 Bundy Red Cup with a gritty 26-14 victory over the vastly improved Campbelltown Eagles at New Era Stadium. In an inspiring first half, the blues shot out to a 20-2 halftime lead and never looked in doubt of losing despite two late tries by the Eagles.
Five Eighth Alan Burns was a standout scoring a double and laying on two other tries, while up front big Richie Parker and Jamie Small layed a great platform for the backs to run off. Special mention to interchange forward Pat Fitzgerald who scored a great try with his first touch in Bundy Cup.
The victory sets up an almighty showdown with 2008 Premiers the Windsor Wolves next Saturday, March 28 from 5:30pm at New Era Stadium.
Tries - Alan Burns (2), Henry Iuta, Ross Brown, Pat Fitzgerald. Goals - Andrew Dallalana 3 from 5.

CABRA ROCKS

Juniors
Cabra Squad to Face Windsor Wolves.. Sat 28/3 - 5:30 NEW ERA STADIUM..

:f:Only Change- Matt Lamb in Starting Line up.. In place of Jessie Oneil. Bulls did us no Favours by Trouncing Windsor Last Saturday, So i Guess Windsor Wolves will be Fired up for a Big one.:badgrin:

Fullback
James Trotter
Wing
Josh McIllvenny
Centre
Francis Vaiotu
Centre
Louis Vaiotu
Wing
Henry Iuta
Five-Eight
Alan Burns
Half
Andrew Dallalana
Front Row
Jamie Small
Hooker
Ben Ellis
Front Row
Richie Parker
2nd Row
Casey Ellis ©
2nd Row
Ross Brown
Lock
Matt Lamb
Interchange
Jesse O'Neil
Interchange
Keith Heckenberg
Interchange
James Roche
Interchange
Pat Fitzgerald
COACH
Len Stacker

CABRA ROCKS

Juniors
source: Cabramatta Leagues club site.

Round 3 of the 2009 Bundy Red Cup saw the Blues conceed an early try against 2008 Jim Beam Cup Premiers Windsor Wolves before going on a 30 point massacre to lead 30-6 with 20 to play. The Wolves to their credit didn't give up and finished with a flury, making the score respectable with three late tries, but the final siren beat the resurgence and the Blues finished 30-22 victors.
Prop Jamie Small was outstanding for the home side, claiming Man of the Match honours in a brutal performance, while hooker Ben Ellis wasn't too far behind him with a brilliant performance from dummy half. Lock Matt Lamb also had his best game of the year with a dazzling attacking display, while Francis Vaiotu, James Trotter and Josh McIllvenney were also outstanding.
The only concern to come out of the match was the loss of five-eighth Jamie Burns early with an ankle injury, but the early diagnosis is that he will be right for next weeks game against the Southern Dirstrict Rebels.
Tries - Josh McIllvenney, James Trotter, Louis Vaiotu, Ben Ellis, Pat Fitzgerald. Goals - Andrew Dallalana 5 from 6.

CABRA ROCKS

Juniors
:(The Crowd Turn out for The Past Two Home Games have Been Dismal & Poor, The First Home Game of the 2009 Season against Campbelltown.. i would say Under 100 people & i think half that crowd were the ones that stayed behind after the S.G Ball Game between Cronulla & para.. & Last Saturdays Game against Last years ..'Premiers'.. Windsor Wolves I Thought Would have created some sort of Interest with The Cabra Die hard Fans & Supps, was to say the Least Dissapointing.. But sad to say The Cheer Girls are no Longer there.. & I miss my Favourite spot at the Southern end of the New Era Stands ..sittin' right in front The Cheerleaders & watching them shake their Pom poms & Accessories.. But Sh*t happens :lol:..& Here is The Line up for Saturdays Game.......

Coach Len Stacker and Assistant Coach Corey Ruttle have named a strong line up for the Round 4 Clash with the Southern District Rebels at Foreshaw Park on Sunday, April 5th at 3pm. Only unavailabilities are Sika Teaupu who is sidelined with a hamstring injury and Alan Burns who will have tests on his Left knee.
1. James Trotter
2. Louis Vaiotu
3. Francis Vaiotu
4. Josh McIllvenney
5. Henry Iuta
6. Matt Lamb
7. Andrew Dallalana
13. Keith Heckenberg
12. Ross Brown
11. Casey Ellis (c)
10. Richie Parker
9. Ben Ellis
8. Jamie Small

14. Jessie O'Neill
15. Josh Toole
16. James Roche
17. Pat Fitzgerald
19. Jordan Walker

mono_mal

Juniors
Think youve underestimated the crowds a bit CR....There would have been approx 200 - 300 people at the Cambelltown game considering the amount of people in both sides of the stands, people at each end, people in cars, and people drinking in the grandstand bar.
Whilst not the greatest crowd Ive sadly seen a lot worse at other Metro level games.
In comparison how are other clubs going for crowds this year? Any estimates?

CABRA ROCKS

Juniors
Think youve underestimated the crowds a bit CR....There would have been approx 200 - 300 people at the Cambelltown game considering the amount of people in both sides of the stands, people at each end, people in cars, and people drinking in the grandstand bar.
Whilst not the greatest crowd Ive sadly seen a lot worse at other Metro level games.

Yeah True.. Mal, forgot about The Down under Bar & people watchin in the cars & if u don't wanna pay $6 bucks at the Entrance Gate.. u could whiff around the The side of the Leagues club & watch the Game from the parking Lot. . maybe

CABRA ROCKS

Juniors

Yeah True.. Mal, forgot about The Down under Bar & people watchin in the cars & if u don't wanna pay $6 bucks at the Entrance Gate.. u could whiff around the The side of the Leagues club & watch the Game from the parking Lot. . maybe they [Cabra Management] need to Bring the cheer Girls Back !!......:lol::lol::lol:

Flapper

First Grade

Brothers' first home game had 1000 there, according to the Rugby League News. All accounts pointed to it being packed.

CABRA ROCKS

Juniors
Round 4 of the 2009 Bundy Red Cup was always going to be a tough road trip for the Cabramatta Two Blues who were missing star five-eighth Alan Burns and Interchange forward Sika Teaupu, and that is exactly how the match panned out. The Blues started in the same fashion they did last week by conceeding the first try but clawed their way back to level the scores at 16 all by the oranges break. It was evident to all and sundry at the match that the referee had little control of the game, and the Rebels aggressive tactics worked a treat in unsettling the previously unbeaten two-blues.
Take nothing away from the Eddie Paea led Rebels, they were couragious and probably deserved to win the match, but the leniency shown by the official certainly didn't help Cabramatta who despite scoring 5 tries a piece, were beaten in the last 5 minutes 24-26. This was never more evident when Prop Jamie Small was hit by a high shot late in the match with the Blues leading 24-22, he rose to his feet to play the ball but stumbled as he did and the referee awarded a penalty for an incorrect play the ball, the Rebels scored from the next play to win the match.
While disappointed to have lost, the Blues had a number of standouts with Halfback Andrew Dallalana, Fullback James Trotter and Prop Jamie Small the pick of the bunch, just ahead of debutant Josh Toole who was outstanding when injected from the bench.
With injuries a plenty, the Blues have four days to turn around their form and to try and field a team when they take on arch rivals Mounties in a local derby at New Era Stadium this Thursday night from 7:30pm. Entry is FREE so get there early as Cabramatta and Mounties are also playing a trial in the A Grade from 6pm.
Tries - Louis Vaiotu (2), Josh McIllvenney, James Trotter, Andrew Dallalana. Goals - Andrew Dallalana 2 from 5.

With so many injuries do you think Chris Yates will get a run?
The club wont release him but they wont play him either which is a sad affair for a man who has served the club as well as him.

With a mounting injury toll it is deja vu for Cabra again this season.
Maybe they should have a look at the type of training they are doing.

It would be a shame if Yatesy had to sit on the sideline because of politics when the club could use him.

The club wont release him but they wont play him either which is a sad affair for a man who has served the club as well as him.

It would be a shame if Yatesy had to sit on the sideline because of politics when the club could use him.
I'm sure he wont be sitting on sideline for much longer but probably playing for a different club . why would you leave your capt on the sideline has got me beat . It will be there loss if he leaves

CABRA ROCKS

Juniors

Don't Think yatesy has Stuck around Terry, i don't Blame him, He has'nt been seen around the club.. Last Time i saw him was at the Cabra International 9s.. Don't Count out cabra yet. It's too Early in the Season too pull the plug, Let me asure you Cabra will Fire on all Guns come Midway Through the Season & I Think there is An Enormous Array of Dept & Talent in Reserves Despite the Injuries & Other clubs will have their Fair Dose of Injuries as the Season progresses towards the Playoffs. Alot of Critics out There think cabra will choke as Expected from past Seasons ..But i Believe this years Season Cabra have The Goods to Deliver !!

Yeh you are right cabra we will be there, injuries or otherwise.
I just get so sick of the politics within the club each year that always rip it apart.

It is always something with these guys and they always manage to involve the players.

The players should not be thinking of this stuff but it is hard not to when it is shoved in their face all the time and you cant tell me that they are wondering what is going on with their captain.

They will definately miss him when the chips are down and they start to get injuries.
I am not as confident as you about our depth, I hear some of our officials say they dont see that we have much behind the top grade and as usual, because of that, we will be found out when the depth is tested.

Hope they are wrong.

CABRA ROCKS

Juniors
Yeh you are right cabra we will be there, injuries or otherwise.
I just get so sick of the politics within the club each year that always rip it apart.

It is always something with these guys and they always manage to involve the players.

The players should not be thinking of this stuff but it is hard not to when it is shoved in their face all the time and you cant tell me that they are wondering what is going on with their captain.

They will definately miss him when the chips are down and they start to get injuries.
I am not as confident as you about our depth, I hear some of our officials say they dont see that we have much behind the top grade and as usual, because of that, we will be found out when the depth is tested.

Hope they are wrong.

M8 i agree with u, its just One of Those unfortunate Issues that has happened & i think we just gotta move on. As far as Injuries is concerned plenty of Dept there in Agrade.. Peter Fitzgerald i Reckon will make a big impact this year & James Roche is very underated & does everything at 100 miles per hour..Josh o'toole has a couple of BRC Game Experience & does a good job when Dallanano gets injured..Chris Murphy played a couple of jim beam cup games last year & West Tigers Toyota cup player Jarred walker is player who will definately get Game time this season & Terrence Dodd is Quite a solid player who can step up to BRC..

CABRA ROCKS

Juniors
****Thursday Night Local Derby Clash****
7:30PM KICK OFF.. NEW ERA STADIUM
MOUNTIES - vrs - CABRAMATTA

BUNDY RED CUP

<H2><H2>

<H2>ROUND 5 TEAM NAMED

Coach Len Stacker and Assistant Coach Corey Ruttle have named a strong line up despite suffering a horrendous injury toll for the Round 5 Clash with arch rivals Mounties at New Era Stadium on Thursday, April 9th at 7:30pm. Interchange forward Sika Teaupu returns after missing the last three weeks, while prop Richie Parker was named despite being a 50-50 chance of playing. Unfortunately star halfback Andrew Dallalana (ankle) and strong running five-eighth Alan Burns (knee) are both unavailable through injury. Congratulations to Jordan Walker and Jason Gray who will make their Bundy Red Cup debuts.
1. James Trotter
2. Louis Vaiotu
3. Francis Vaiotu
4. Josh McIllvenney
5. Henry Iuta
6. Jordan Walker
7. Matt Lamb
13. Josh Toole
12. Ross Brown
11. Casey Ellis (c)
10. Richie Parker
9. Ben Ellis