What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cabra 2009 Updates

CABRA ROCKS

Juniors
[UPDATE :frm The Cabramatta Leagues website]..

BUNDY RED CUP

HISTORY IN THE MAKING

Cabramatta have broken a curse that has not seen the powerful Club make a grandfinal of the Metropolitan / Jim Beam / Bundy Red Cup Competition in its history with an inspiring 28-16 victory over the Bankstown City Bulls to surge into the grandfinal against neighbours Wentworthville this Saturday, September 5th from 3pm at Leichhardt Oval.
The gamble of playing centre Alan Burns who returned from a lengthy lay off with injury almost proved costly with the strong running speedster reinjuring his knee and leaving the field early in the encounter, and when the Blues lost hooker Brett Rimmer moments later, Len Stackers men knew they had to dig deep. A couple of bombed tries and the Bulls managed to capitalise to make it 12 all at the break. But the second half was all Blue as the mighty two Blues battled their way into the history books, although the side knows they are going to have to play better than their last outing against Wenty in which they were thumped 16-38.
There was no denying the star performer, as he has all year, big prop Jamie Small was head and shoulders above any player on the ground and a deserved winner of the Players Player award.
Tries – Casey Ellis, Sammy Aiga (2), Cruise Iosefa & Josh McIllvenney; Goals - Andrew Dallalana 5 from 7 and a field goal.

CABRA ROCKS

Juniors
Jamie Small is Cleared to play in Sats GF..After being placed on Report & the only worrying Aspect is Brett Rimmers Injury..

CABRA ROCKS

Juniors
On The Eve of the BRC Grand final.. Injury cloud over Brett Rimmer & Matt Lamb, But Great to See Rookie Daniel Cray The 'Red Head' in the Line up..This kid has Potential Together with The Other 'C grader' Cruise Iosefa. Corey Ruttle & Len Stacker have done a Marvelous Job at bringing up these CABRA Juniors.. Josh Mcklevenny, Francis & Louis Vaiotu, James Roche who are Now Quality 'BRC' players.. Sad to See WINDSOR WOLVES & SYDNEY BULLS..Bow out of The Bundy Red Cup Final Series in that sort of Fashion as they have been the 'Bench mark' for other Clubs to up the Antics !!..but in saying That i think its Healthy for the BRC Competition in General that Other Clubs Step up to the Plate !!!...

:pray:GOOD LUCK TO BOTH CLUBS & May The Best Club WIN !!..[which is CABRA of Course..]:alcho:

BUNDY RED CUP

<H2>GRANDFINAL TEAM ANNOUNCED

Cabramatta Two Blues Coach Len Stacker and Assistant Coach Corey Ruttle have named an extended line-up for this weeks Grand Final against the Wentworthville Magpies at Leichhardt Oval on Saturday, September 5th at 3pm. A victory in their maiden premiership decider will see the Blues secure their place history. Centre Allan Burns has been ruled out with injury, Interchange Matt Lamb is in extreme doubt and hooker Brett Rimmer is a 50/50 chance of playing.
1. Sammy Aiga
2. Cruise Iosefa
3. James Trotter
4. Josh McIllvenney
5. Louis Vaiotu
6. Trent Trotter
7. Andrew Dallalana
13. Ben Ellis
12. Ross Brown
11. Francis Vaiotu
10. Keith Heckenberg
9. Brett Rimmer
8. Jamie Small

14. Daniel Cray
15. Matt Lamb
16. James Roche
17. Casey Ellis (c)
18. Si'ikaeha Teaupa

</H2>

CABRA ROCKS

Juniors
WOW.. That Was a 'AWESOME BRC 'Grand Final' ..Full Credit to Wentys on their 'Powerhouse Forwards' Display but a Gallant Effort to Our Cabra Boys from coming from a 16 -4 Deficit in the Second Half to Tie the Game 20-20 all.. with 3 minutes Remaining,.. Wentys forward #8 came up with The Crucial second phase play that broke the Camels Back.. But Proud of the Effort we put in 2day.. So Heads up Boys..i think if we can keep the same team together for next year..i reckon we got a shot at Going one Better Next year !!

W.Smith

Juniors
Congrats to both teams, love em both, sounds like an awesome game and cant wait to watch it on Fox this wednesday

How did Cabra's teams go at Merrylands on Sunday ?

Are the Grand finals this sunday at Marconi ?

CABRA ROCKS

Juniors
Congrats to both teams, love em both, sounds like an awesome game and cant wait to watch it on Fox this wednesday

How did Cabra's teams go at Merrylands on Sunday ?

Are the Grand finals this sunday at Marconi ?

:cool:U GOTTA CHECK FREQUENTLY FOR UPDATES ON THE CABRA WEBSITE..THIS WEEK..but i overheard one of my Nephews who plays u/16s on Results wil play the Grand final at Marconi on sunday..not to sure about other grades ??:?........

:cool:ohh by the way SMITHY I ASKED MY 2 NEPHEWS about how to score a 'CABRA JERSEY'..u have to Contact Brett -via- the cabra website about a Special order for a Jersey ...& i think u can choose what number or name to put on it..[ now is a good time before next years jerseys comeout]

Football Administrator, Brett Watson at football@cabramattarlc.com.au or by calling 0409 244 732.

Last edited:

W.Smith

Juniors
:cool:U GOTTA CHECK FREQUENTLY FOR UPDATES ON THE CABRA WEBSITE..THIS WEEK..but i overheard one of my Nephews who plays u/16s on Results wil play the Grand final at Marconi on sunday..not to sure about other grades ??:?........

:cool:ohh by the way SMITHY I ASKED MY 2 NEPHEWS about how to score a 'CABRA JERSEY'..u have to Contact Brett -via- the cabra website about a Special order for a Jersey ...& i think u can choose what number or name to put on it..[ now is a good time before next years jerseys comeout]

Football Administrator, Brett Watson at football@cabramattarlc.com.au or by calling 0409 244 732.​

Thanks for the info champ :)

Spent a great weekend last saturday watching the grand finals. Cabra 15s won, while a very good fairfield utd side won the 16s-1s, cabra went down in 16-2s. The 17s grand finals was an outstanding game with wenty winning 17-10 in a great gf and cabra crossing 5 or 6 times but couldn't get ball down. Sunday saw Cabra C-1 & 2 going down, Canley Vale Dragons winning in A-3, a major upset with Cabra winning the A-2 gf and wenty continuing their domination of A-1 winning their 8th straight grand final, great effort that.
Can anyone tell me if cabra have appointed the bundy coach yet and other coaching news.?

Cabra boy

Juniors
Was some great games. And no i dont think they have i have heard rumours that Corey Ruttle the assistant coach may take over but not sure how experienced he is anyone have any other info? Poor cabra always loosing in the grand final i went over and watched the c 2's and 3'1 and a 2's also, poor Cruise and Daniel lost 2 grand finals in 2 weeks. Devestated they looked.

mono_mal

Juniors
Rumours continue regarding proposed feeder arrangments for Cabramatta Two Blues for the 2010 BRC season.
Cronulla are withdrawing their NSW Cup team due to financial constraints and would field excess NRL squad members with Cabramatta. Whether this be in the NSW Cup or BRC is unknown.
Whilst the Roosters have also held talks with Cabramatta regarding a feeder arrangment involving excess NYC players. Balmain Ryde Eastwood have also proposed a feeder arrangement for their NSW Cup team.

The Cronulla deal looks the most beneficial for the Two Blues although it would mean the club would have to let go a number of their established players to fit within the points cap. This is unless the club is in a healthy enough financial position to enter the NSW Cup. Probably unlikely seeing the club mentioned earlier that it may not field a team in the Bundy Cup next season.

Rumours continue regarding proposed feeder arrangments for Cabramatta Two Blues for the 2010 BRC season.
Cronulla are withdrawing their NSW Cup team due to financial constraints and would field excess NRL squad members with Cabramatta. Whether this be in the NSW Cup or BRC is unknown.
Whilst the Roosters have also held talks with Cabramatta regarding a feeder arrangment involving excess NYC players. Balmain Ryde Eastwood have also proposed a feeder arrangement for their NSW Cup team.

The Cronulla deal looks the most beneficial for the Two Blues although it would mean the club would have to let go a number of their established players to fit within the points cap. This is unless the club is in a healthy enough financial position to enter the NSW Cup. Probably unlikely seeing the club mentioned earlier that it may not field a team in the Bundy Cup next season.

Was at SG Ball Trials last night watching some players, until the rain hit, and heard people talking that the coach for Bundy will be decided on Tuesday. Also heard that The Entrance are back in Bundy, that's good with the Reds out, Reds want to enter side in SG Ball 2010. Rest of Cabra coaches will be decided after 31 Oct when nominations close. :crazy:

mono_mal

Juniors
Yeah, The Entrance's return seems positive. They've dominated the Central Coast comp in recent seasons and a proactive football board has ensured their return. If only my club, Guildford, could do the same.
UTS Tigers are also rumoured to act as a feeder for Balmain Ryde-Eastwood and also potentially field excess NYC players though I cant see the finances being available for such a move. In saying this though a UTS team has previously participated in the JBC.

CABRA ROCKS

Juniors
Would Love to See Guilford in the BRC..&..Be Great to have a Competitive side like the Entrance who have been Twice Premiership Holders in the Past back in the Comp.I Know Money is an Issue but would I Like to See a 'NSW Country' Team enter the BRC..Gee Regarding the Cronulla & Roosters issue about off Loading Fringe players to 'Cabra BRC Squad'..thats Gonna be a Tight Squeeze..but in Saying that i heard a few players were interested in Trialing for Western Suburbs Maggies, i know Cabra have a Few players that are Good enough to play for VB/NSW Cup Sides.

From the Cabramatta RLC Website 25th Februaury, 2009

"
SMALL NAMED NSWRL PLAYER OF THE YEAR

Cabramatta Two Blues front row forward Jamie Small capped off a remarkable season by being named the Most Valuable player in the Bundy Red Cup at the NSWRL awards dinner on Thursday, September 24. Small beat a host of strong competitors from rival cluns to win the coveted award, yet another first inm the Cabramatta Clubs history.

Matt Keating, Jarryd Hayne and Kris Inu pride of the two blues. The Cabra boys into the grand final. Well done boys, a great effort. Unfortunate Kris Keating, due to injury, won't be there, but the Cabramatta club would be just as proud of him as well. Go you good things !!!!!!!!!!

CABRA ROCKS

Juniors
:sarcasm:Hey BTTF..My 2 Nephews went to hit the weights at Cabra Leagues & Saw Ricky Stuart on Thursday...Loitering around the Premises.. could be Somethin' Going on There ??..:eek:

:sarcasm:Hey BTTF..My 2 Nephews went to hit the weights at Cabra Leagues & Saw Ricky Stuart on Thursday...Loitering around the Premises.. could be Somethin' Going on There ??..:eek:

Yeah that rumour won't go away. Hopefully they'll announce coach soon and then their plans for the sake of the players.

Hey Cabra and BTTF, persistant rumour it is and what I am hearing is disturbing me greatly.
It appears that the board are going to go into partnership with the Sharks and host their State Cup team however, it also means that they will not field a BRC team and Cabra players are not gaurenteed to be given a chance to play in the State Cup.
It also means that any excess Sharks players that are not in the State Cup squad will be playing in Cabra A Grade.

In what will be a complete sell out, the clubs higher grades will be inveaded by the Sharks and the once fantastic pathway for our juniors will become a dumping ground for Sharks offcuts and close the door on junior development.

Of course they will all tell you that it will be a great opportunity for the juniors to make it to NRL level through the Sharks but the reality is that the Sharks program will continue on in the Shire so any Cabra junior that makes it through A Grade to the next level will still have to pit himself against the Sharks juniors and there will be no favours there.

You wont see any Haynes, Inu's or Keatings coming out of that lot.

In a further disturbing development, the broker of this deal appears to be disgraced former Sharks boss Tony Zappia who, if the deal proceeds, will take over as football manager of the club.

As I said, a complete sellout of the club, and the death of our juniors.

Hey Cabra and BTTF, persistant rumour it is and what I am hearing is disturbing me greatly.
It appears that the board are going to go into partnership with the Sharks and host their State Cup team however, it also means that they will not field a BRC team and Cabra players are not gaurenteed to be given a chance to play in the State Cup.
It also means that any excess Sharks players that are not in the State Cup squad will be playing in Cabra A Grade.

In what will be a complete sell out, the clubs higher grades will be inveaded by the Sharks and the once fantastic pathway for our juniors will become a dumping ground for Sharks offcuts and close the door on junior development.

Of course they will all tell you that it will be a great opportunity for the juniors to make it to NRL level through the Sharks but the reality is that the Sharks program will continue on in the Shire so any Cabra junior that makes it through A Grade to the next level will still have to pit himself against the Sharks juniors and there will be no favours there.

You wont see any Haynes, Inu's or Keatings coming out of that lot.

In a further disturbing development, the broker of this deal appears to be disgraced former Sharks boss Tony Zappia who, if the deal proceeds, will take over as football manager of the club.

As I said, a complete sellout of the club, and the death of our juniors.

Hey Terry the Parra god interessting piece of information you have presented. Have been told that Corey Ruttle, assistant 2009, has been appointed Bundy Cup Coach in 2010.
A club like Cabra should never forget its juniors but as I understand there are some that perceive the treatment of cabra as second class citizens to wenty. Inu, Hayne & Keating this weekend Cabra, Cayliss wenty? Also parra dont ever seem to give cabra coaches a go, all wenty, hills and lalely all saints toongabbie.
If parra treated cabra better maybe there wouldnt be this push, for the sake of the juniors lets hope that it all works out for the betterment of the juniors.

marlow

Juniors
how does cabra even exsist anymore
the suburb is bloody little asia
not being rascist but havent seen to many asians playing rugby league if they have somehow managed to survive
hats off to em