What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cameron Mcinnes

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Hi first time poster on here. Cameron McInnes is the best 9 we have had since the joint venture started and probably beyond. He is second in line for NSW and is leagues ahead of Hunt at 9. If McInnes was a Qlder and he threw on a maroons jersey with rep players around him he would more than do a job. I don’t think Hunt was anything special at 9 for Qld it’s more just that he coped with it extremely well given he is a 7 and played 80 minutes, which is to be commended no doubt but McInnes is our best 9 and Hunt is our best 7.

BLM01

First Grade
Hi first time poster on here. Cameron McInnes is the best 9 we have had since the joint venture started and probably beyond. He is second in line for NSW and is leagues ahead of Hunt at 9. If McInnes was a Qlder and he threw on a maroons jersey with rep players around him he would more than do a job. I don’t think Hunt was anything special at 9 for Qld it’s more just that he coped with it extremely well given he is a 7 and played 80 minutes, which is to be commended no doubt but McInnes is our best 9 and Hunt is our best 7.
Except when he makes those good darts he has been doing lately...he needs to look for support.
Wait there..that is if he has support but besides he does not look often enough if at all.
I remember maybe once which led to our 2nd try.

Dragonslayer

First Grade

Firstly, welcome to the extrene rolker coaster ride that is this forum. Be brave.
Secondly, agree that McInnes is the 2nd best 9 in NSW. Hunt is not a full time hooker, he's ok for the occasional stint, but he is a 7 and thats what he's paid to do.
Comparing him to Cook or Smith, for example, just doesn't make sense, each team plays a different style of game. I wonder if they compare Cook v Smith.

blacksafake

First Grade
Agreed & welcome to the Asylum FCG

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Except when he makes those good darts he has been doing lately...he needs to look for support.
Wait there..that is if he has support but besides he does not look often enough if at all.
I remember maybe once which led to our 2nd try.
Yeah it’s probably just instinct as to why he’s not looking for support, so used to it not being there that it’s become a habit to not even look.

Gardenia

Juniors
I heard an interview with Freddy not long ago said McGinness is a good player he doesn’t make mistakes. He said if Cooky wasn’t such a good player he would pick him as the NSW 9.

TruSaint

Referee
I heard an interview with Freddy not long ago said McGinness is a good player he doesn’t make mistakes. He said if Cooky wasn’t such a good player he would pick him as the NSW 9.

Cook is an excellent player and I like him, but Cam isn't far behind. Given a chance to play a little more of whats in front of him, he would be devastating. Work horse, hits hard, has speed...

j0nesy

Bench
McInnes is a work horse tackler however, because so much defensive work comes his way, in my opinion he lacks in other areas. He sends the ball the wrong way often and does not create the attacking opportunities other hookers do. To me Mary has structure our defence far too reliant on McInnes.

Tonight it should have been T Sims and Frizell smashing the opposition halves but no, they had all the room in the world to weave their magic and put in accurate pressure kicks. But the big problem tonight was line speed and the weak links in our backline. Aitken and Lafai have to go and Ravalawa and Pearson need to stay on the opposition wingers.

I thought Leilua, McInnes and Vaughan played well tonight however, there is bad structure and commitment in defence and attack. The sooner they get rid of Mary and the coaching staff the better. Our season is gone again so the sooner we get a new coach in the more likely the repair can be made before next season.

I think McInness is a very well rounded player. He has no real weaknesses. He is required and expected to do so much defensive work around the middle of the ruck that it makes it hard to find the energy in attack. Yet somehow he manages to produce the occasional good dummy half run and his service from dummy half is pretty good too.

Pearsons a dud mate and Rav is only there because he is the best of a bad bunch of wingers. In fact an absolutely piss poor bunch of wingers.

Last edited:

Wittenberg

Juniors
A good argument but remember Aiken was on the verge of Origin representation according to Freddy.

possm

Coach
McInnes is the most consistent player in the team. tries his guts out and puts his body on the line all the time. Aitken is a liability.
There was a time when Farrah was playing first grade for Souths, we had an opportunity to choose between McInnes and Cook to replace Rein. McInnes had already once before agreed to play for SGI but changed his mind. Even then we chose McInnes over Cook even though he is one of our local juniors. Millward mess!

Last edited: