What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cameron McInnes

Who’s the better dummyhalf for ‘22 & ‘23?

• Cameron McInnes

Votes: 46 54.8%
  • Ben Hunt

Votes: 38 45.2%

• Total voters

redv13

Bench
You got me thinking....

1. Dufty
2. Ramsey
3. Max Feagai
4. Lomax
5. Rava
6. Sullivan
7.Hunt

8. Lawrie
9. Brandon Smith
10. Vaughan
11. Ford
12. Sims
13. McInnes

14. Bird
15. Kerr
16. Alvaro
17. Faamausili

18. JDB when / if available to bench.
19. Fuimaono
Can’t wait for possm to reply...

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I find it curiously amusing that 1 random 'whisper' and Cam is leaving again.

Yes, he hasn't committed to us as yet, but retrospectively he hasn't signed anywhere else also. My take is Cam is getting familiar with new coaches and systems before any decision.

Several teams carry 3 (or more) hookers in their squads. Add to this that the new 'rule' allowing players outside the top 30 (from rd 11 which is SOO time) to play. If we signed Peats (for example) to a reserve grade contract, would at least add some experience behind BB if something were to happen to him. And we are talking maybe 2 or 3 games only here.

I also find it interesting that we havent advertised our JF or CC squads as yet whilst many other teams have.

Soft spot for the Magies me, I worked a second job at the club in the early seventies.
A secondrower Hanson was my first working partner who showed me the ropes.
Pisses me off somewhat as the word Magies never gets used.
CC
Is CC your initials or Canterbury Cup? The Magpies live on in the CC!

possm

Coach
Can’t wait for possm to reply...
Right on que rev13!

There will be a transition period in relation to roster changes and the speed of this change will depend on players/club coming to agreements or letting contracts run to their end.

In my view there are some players with contracts ending in 2021 that will not be extended mainly because they have not performed satisfactorily in the recent past or the club has an alternative player they wish to play in a particular position or that a player is asking for a contract extension with a salary price that is not acceptable to the Club. Of course there maybe other terms in dispute e.g. the desired duration of the contract extension.

Having said all of that I believe the Club will settle on a 17 similar to that below:

1. Dufty to Ramsey
2. Ramsey to Matt Feagai
3. Lomax
4. Max Feagai
5. Ravalawa
6. Norman to Sullivan
7. Hunt
8. Kerr
9. McInnes
10. Vaughan
11. Sims
12. Ford
13. Fuimaono to De Belin or Bird

14. Bird
15. Alvaro
16. Faamausili
17. Lawrie

George Dragon

Juniors
It will be a decision for Cam’: Griffin reveals key factor in McInnes contract situation
NRL PREMIERSHIP
  • DARCIE MCDONALD GD
Dragons coach Anthony Griffin has revealed his skipper Cameron McInnes approached the club requesting to test his value on the market.

McInnes’ future has been a hot topic of late since it was revealed the Dragons are yet to table an offer to the 27-year-old for 2022 and beyond, despite him being their best player for the last two seasons.

The club has also been heavily linked to Broncos hooker Andrew McCullough, suggesting McInnes could be in for a positional switch or on his way out.

Many of the Red V faithful were shocked to hear that McInnes hadn’t been offered an extension yet — and had instead expressed interest in another hooker, McCullough for an immediate switch.

However, Griffin revealed on Monday that the power is actually in McInnes’ hands, sharing that he and his manager, Steve Gillis, notified the club, before Griffin took over as head coach, that they would like to test the market.

“Cam, before I got here and his manager told the club that they wanted to test the market and at the moment he’s out there doing that,” Griffin told Fox Sports’ Lara Pitt.

“We’ll have discussions with him obviously when it comes to decision time and hopefully for everyone it works out the way everyone wants it to.

McInnes has already been linked to a club switch next season. Rumours were sparked before Christmas when he was spotted meeting up with Wests Tigers coach Michael Maguire at a cafe. McInnes spent time under Maguire at the Rabbitohs.

He would be an excellent pick up for any club given his versatility and work ethic. Along with the Tigers, there’s also Bulldogs and Titans who are on the look out for a quality hooker for next season.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...n/news-story/99a032742b67c8aec3ea7ea0b6bac5d5

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Right on que rev13!

There will be a transition period in relation to roster changes and the speed of this change will depend on players/club coming to agreements or letting contracts run to their end.

In my view there are some players with contracts ending in 2021 that will not be extended mainly because they have not performed satisfactorily in the recent past or the club has an alternative player they wish to play in a particular position or that a player is asking for a contract extension with a salary price that is not acceptable to the Club. Of course there maybe other terms in dispute e.g. the desired duration of the contract extension.

Having said all of that I believe the Club will settle on a 17 similar to that below:

1. Dufty to Ramsey
2. Ramsey to Matt Feagai
3. Lomax
4. Max Feagai
5. Ravalawa
6. Norman to Sullivan
7. Hunt
8. Kerr
9. McInnes
10. Vaughan
11. Sims
12. Ford
13. Fuimaono to De Belin or Bird

14. Bird
15. Alvaro
16. Faamausili
17. Lawrie
to or, or?

George Sancti

Juniors
The longer the situation goes, the more it appears that Cameron McInnes is not the style of hooker that Anthony Griffin wants for the team. McInnes is probably the best defensive hooker in the competition, however if he continues to make fifty tackles per game he is going to have difficulty keeping up with the play and will not provide good service from dummy half.

I believe Anthony Griffin expects the other forwards to lift their defensive efforts and allow the hooker to concentrate on dummy half play. I also feel that a conversation has taken place where Griffin has outlined his expectation, and McInnes is faced with either changing his style of play or looking for opportunities elsewhere.

Last edited:

Inisai Toga

Juniors
The longer the situation goes, the more it appears that Cameron McInnes is not the style of hooker that Anthony Griffin wants for the team. McInnes is probably the best defensive hooker in the competition, however if he continues to makes fifty tackles per game he is going to have difficulty keeping up with the play and will not provide good service from dummy half.

I believe Anthony Griffin expects the other forwards to lift their defensive efforts and allow the hooker to concentrate on dummy half play. I also feel that a conversation has taken place where Griffin has outlined his expectation, and McInnis is faced with either changing his style of play or looking for opportunities elsewhere.
Agree with you here George and agree with Griffin (if that’s what he said)?

Last edited:

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
The longer the situation goes, the more it appears that Cameron McInnes is not the style of hooker that Anthony Griffin wants for the team. McInnes is probably the best defensive hooker in the competition, however if he continues to make fifty tackles per game he is going to have difficulty keeping up with the play and will not provide good service from dummy half.

I believe Anthony Griffin expects the other forwards to lift their defensive efforts and allow the hooker to concentrate on dummy half play. I also feel that a conversation has taken place where Griffin has outlined his expectation, and McInnes is faced with either changing his style of play or looking for opportunities elsewhere.
The thing is McCullough has always been known as a workhorse that is dependable but doesn’t offer a lot in attack. McInnes offers more with both imo. If he becomes our full time 9, you wait and see how quickly this forum tears shreds off him and Hook.

True_Believer

Juniors
The thing is McCullough has always been known as a workhorse that is dependable but doesn’t offer a lot in attack. McInnes offers more with both imo. If he becomes our full time 9, you wait and see how quickly this forum tears shreds off him and Hook.

Agree.

I've also read where Matt Elliot has said that McInnes will be playing 9 and has already changed his style of play significantly in the short time he's been training. Additionally he stated that he saw McInnes playing for the club for a very long time.

This could very well be just what it is. A player testing his value on the market to ensure he gets the best deal going forward. Making sure the club isn't going to short change him on a new contract.

BLM01

First Grade
It will be a decision for Cam’: Griffin reveals key factor in McInnes contract situation
NRL PREMIERSHIP
  • DARCIE MCDONALD GD
Dragons coach Anthony Griffin has revealed his skipper Cameron McInnes approached the club requesting to test his value on the market.

McInnes’ future has been a hot topic of late since it was revealed the Dragons are yet to table an offer to the 27-year-old for 2022 and beyond, despite him being their best player for the last two seasons.

The club has also been heavily linked to Broncos hooker Andrew McCullough, suggesting McInnes could be in for a positional switch or on his way out.

Many of the Red V faithful were shocked to hear that McInnes hadn’t been offered an extension yet — and had instead expressed interest in another hooker, McCullough for an immediate switch.

However, Griffin revealed on Monday that the power is actually in McInnes’ hands, sharing that he and his manager, Steve Gillis, notified the club, before Griffin took over as head coach, that they would like to test the market.

“Cam, before I got here and his manager told the club that they wanted to test the market and at the moment he’s out there doing that,” Griffin told Fox Sports’ Lara Pitt.

“We’ll have discussions with him obviously when it comes to decision time and hopefully for everyone it works out the way everyone wants it to.

McInnes has already been linked to a club switch next season. Rumours were sparked before Christmas when he was spotted meeting up with Wests Tigers coach Michael Maguire at a cafe. McInnes spent time under Maguire at the Rabbitohs.

He would be an excellent pick up for any club given his versatility and work ethic. Along with the Tigers, there’s also Bulldogs and Titans who are on the look out for a quality hooker for next season.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...n/news-story/99a032742b67c8aec3ea7ea0b6bac5d5
Exactly this.
Finally a sensical article by funnily enough this time by FOX.
Just maybe....these could be the real facts.
Cam is still testing his worth before seeing what would be acceptable from us.
So not the hysteria sparked by Scooper Hooper, 2MMM and others baiting for click bait in a boring off season for journos..and it has worked..especially on this forum

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Agree.

I've also read where Matt Elliot has said that McInnes will be playing 9 and has already changed his style of play significantly in the short time he's been training. Additionally he stated that he saw McInnes playing for the club for a very long time.

This could very well be just what it is. A player testing his value on the market to ensure he gets the best deal going forward. Making sure the club isn't going to short change him on a new contract.
It obviously is to some extent and we are getting to the end of a long off season so the “journos” are running out of material but all this talk about salary cap etc. Norman will be gone next year and his replacement won’t be on half what he’s currently on at this stage, there is Cams coin right there.

Sgi had no issues with him looking around and I think that’s pretty fair of you.

We were one of the first to call him up simply because he is a true marquee and we still need a rake. Prepared to wait for him ( ie respectful).

I think he will stay at sgi unless he gets a massive significant upgrade because on many levels, he’s done very well at sgi and he has that chance to take up a small chunk of your history and be a club legend into the future.

Another nice aspect about him, he’s like a DCE in that he’s known and respected all over the game. The game claims him as much as you guys. No matter where you were on the table, no matter what the score, he was going to be best or close to best player on the field. If not, he was going to die trying.

Otherwise if he leaves, you get the Friz experience, become a forlorn journeyman to a club that’s full of strangers and at the moment, is a bit of a dogs breakfast. I thought at the time, he made the wrong choice and I’m still of that view. Sgi were very vocal about the good offer he turned down.

Cam will look at Friz’s harsh new world, consider everything and everyone and stay.

I think he will even take a modest cut to do so. He’s not a Dufty. As much as I love him, he’d be very foolish to up and go for a few pieces of silver.

The chance to be an immortal at sgi is very rare and he’d be in amazing historical company. Does he want to live forever?!

Last edited:
I was just going to add that hopefully Mary will be able to push him over the line to stay. He still might be a bit bitter about his sacking, but the club might need Mary now. Certainly more than when he was coaching anyways.

Come on Fester, get in his ear, and put the club first.

denis preston

First Grade

It has always intrigued me if a forward is averaging over 50 tackles per game , what the bloody hell are the other players doing ? I understand that a pack needs one or two hard working scrappers but a hooker now days is one of the most important attacking positions on the field. It needs a player who is creative, has grat decision making and still be able to scoot out and run himself even in the 80th minute.A fatigued player cannot do this. So I think you are spot on George ! If Mcinness cant adapt then he will not be worth the 750 - 850k a year so the club has been responsible in waiting to see how this year goes.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade

so Cam has no faith in Hook...but has faith in McFlop...yeah right!

if that’s true...then Cam can follow McFlop out the door to the Dapto Canaries.

f**k anyone off that has faith in a coach that f**ked up a first grade squad as badly as Mcmerkin did.