What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cameron McInnes

Who’s the better dummyhalf for ‘22 & ‘23?

• Cameron McInnes

Votes: 46 54.8%
  • Ben Hunt

Votes: 38 45.2%

• Total voters

hewi

Bench
McInnes has a preference to live in Sydney? Well, Balmain is in Sydney, Wollongong isn’t, I think we are behind the eight ball here.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Gotta laugh at these 'journo's".

Apparantely, Hooper must have 'sat-in" on the first official meeting about his (McInnes) contract situation. Noting, no contract offered and more 'exclusively' a preference to live in Sydney. And of course we are still chasing McCullough and the Tigers are still monitoring the situation.

Riveting journalism there!

As I stated in a previous post, someone is telling Porkeys.

When you think back to what Elliott said on radio the other day, something the 'Club' hasn't come out and refuted or back tracked on.

BLM01

First Grade
Gotta laugh at these 'journo's".

Apparantely, Hooper must have 'sat-in" on the first official meeting about his (McInnes) contract situation. Noting, no contract offered and more 'exclusively' a preference to live in Sydney. And of course we are still chasing McCullough and the Tigers are still monitoring the situation.

Riveting journalism there!

As I stated in a previous post, someone is telling Porkeys.

When you think back to what Elliott said on radio the other day, something the 'Club' hasn't come out and refuted or back tracked on.
These journos ring / tweet the player managers every day to get some sort of scoop info.
Whatever comes back must be fact

Hoops didn’t know Mary had taken that junket to the usa. I had to let him know.

Then in our negotiations with nofo he’s spreading rumours about the eels chasing him.

That cost a bit, I hope he got a backhander from the nrls most handsome winger. I should manage Hoops!

But Hoops needs to be loyal to the Tigers and put more bias in his stories.

An career ending injury to Laurie rumour may assist.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Well they all look as if they could eat you for lunch , in fact the greedy looking chap on the bottom looks as if he snack-out the top fella’s thumb !
Possibly explains why we need more size in our pack this year..

kit66

Bench
Bennett had to devise new attacking combinations and defensive structures to suit the skill set of the players he inherited. In addition he recruited players that had what he deemed necessary to do the job. In my book, Griffin is doing the same only he has a much bigger job to do.

Our defence needs a lot of work but our attack will rely heavily on who Hook plays at 5/8 and how well that person performs.
In the opening 6 rounds of 2018 we were averaging 34 points per game with a spine of Dufty. Hunt, Widdop , McInnes ( our average dropped to around 22 ppg by rnd 25 ). Now we have 3 of those same guys with a further 2 years experience together. You would think, with the right No6 we can get the scoreboard ticking over again at a respectable rate. We have some fine candidates in Bird, Sullivan and Amone. Of course our forwards have to do their job but at least Hook has a good base to work with.
Our average last year was 18.9 points per game. If we can get that back up to 22 or 23 ppg or better we should make the 8. It's not that big an ask.

Como Connection

First Grade
Hoops didn’t know Mary had taken that junket to the usa. I had to let him know.

Then in our negotiations with nofo he’s spreading rumours about the eels chasing him.

That cost a bit, I hope he got a backhander from the nrls most handsome winger. I should manage Hoops!

But Hoops needs to be loyal to the Tigers and put more bias in his stories.

An career ending injury to Laurie rumour may assist.
Where you a Magie or a Tiger TSP ?
Love your input.
CC

Where you a Magie or a Tiger TSP ?
Love your input.
CC

Thanks for that! I try to enjoy the forum.

Instead of previously basket weaving in a suburb near Balmain, as a current residential Magpie, I now know how to steal an already woven basket. Easy street.

The new coaching arrangements at sgi is where the action is now. Hook is a very good coach, great win percentage, he has a good mind for the game. Who cares if he’s a bit of an introvert about footballing things? He’s not here to party, doesn’t care who likes him or not. He’s here to win football games, end of story.

And no big headed Gus Gold to do a review at the end of the year. That’s a bonus there and then. Where’s the DNA Gus? Did you eat it buddy?!

Matty Elliot worry’s me a bit as my research on the bloody hippies and Management by Design last year (that Mary and bj dragged in) uncovered that he had indirect connections with the hippy group. Crystal worshipping nonsense, long haired freaks. Going vegan and whole-cactus diets didn’t help the broncos. Trying to mind meld the ball and Friz’s hands with the line wide open didn’t work very well either.

These were all part of the corporate bullshitters that the club paid for with little or no dividend.

Remember when Mary started referring to players as assets and try’s became deliverables and all that hemp suited corporate psycho babble stuff? I’m sure my accountant got a half mongrel at the press conferences, but it bored me to tears.

Matty has already been quoted in the press about matters sgi. He’s spent a lot of time trying to lift up that f**king idiot bubbling alco Todd Carney as well.
He was just a lout. A Pearce without an immortal dad or whatever. A Josh Dugan without a fake mullet.

Matty is not a bad guy, not at all, but I’d restrict him to focusing on footy things. He wanders off a bit, gets delusional about himself running Citibank or something. Just keep him quiet.

Gentle is excellent, very experienced and composed. A Hook without the MAGA hat!

Miller’s still has a job and I take that as a major swipe against Mary. Mary killed Millwards signings, not miller’s fault. But even so, he’s lucky to get though the cull. A rat with a gold tooth, lol. The rascal in all this, kept his job as a 100 to 1 chance. I say good luck to him! I hope he signs a Suli but one with class, not a flaccid wingnut like the real thing.

So it’s quite a coaching team you’ve got and if they can’t fix the resolve of the group, I’m not sure who can!

No wonder the players are looking a bit anxious an edgy. It’s been awhile!

All good cc cheers. I think it’s possibly on this year, it’s going to be a wild ride. An awakening, let’s hope you guys don’t roll off the bed!

Last edited:

Como Connection

First Grade
Thanks for that! I try to enjoy the forum.

Instead of previously basket weaving in a suburb near Balmain, as a current residential Magpie, I now know how to steal an already woven basket. Easy street.

The new coaching arrangements at sgi is where the action is now. Hook is a very good coach, great win percentage, he has a good mind for the game. Who cares if he’s a bit of an introvert about footballing things? He’s not here to party, doesn’t care who likes him or not. He’s here to win football games, end of story.

And no big headed Gus Gold to do a review at the end of the year. That’s a bonus there and then. Where’s the DNA Gus? Did you eat it buddy?!

Matty Elliot worry’s me a bit as my research on the bloody hippies and Management by Design last year (that Mary and bj dragged in) uncovered that he had indirect connections with the hippy group. Crystal worshipping nonsense, long haired freaks. Going vegan and whole-cactus diets didn’t help the broncos. Trying to mind meld the ball and Friz’s hands with the line wide open didn’t work very well either.

These were all part of the corporate bullshitters that the club paid for with little or no dividend.

Remember when Mary started referring to players as assets and try’s became deliverables and all that hemp suited corporate psycho babble stuff? I’m sure my accountant got a half mongrel at the press conferences, but it bored me to tears.

Matty has already been quoted in the press about matters sgi. He’s spent a lot of time trying to lift up that f**king idiot bubbling alco Todd Carney as well.
He was just a lout. A Pearce without an immortal dad or whatever. A Josh Dugan without a fake mullet.

Matty is not a bad guy, not at all, but I’d restrict him to focusing on footy things. He wanders off a bit, gets delusional about himself running Citibank or something. Just keep him quiet.

Gentle is excellent, very experienced and composed. A Hook without the MAGA hat!

Miller’s still has a job and I take that as a major swipe against Mary. Mary killed Millwards signings, not miller’s fault. But even so, he’s lucky to get though the cull. A rat with a gold tooth, lol. The rascal in all this, kept his job as a 100 to 1 chance. I say good luck to him! I hope he signs a Suli but one with class, not a flaccid wingnut like the real thing.

So it’s quite a coaching team you’ve got and if they can’t fix the resolve of the group, I’m not sure who can!

No wonder the players are looking a bit anxious an edgy. It’s been awhile!

All good cc cheers. I think it’s possibly on this year, it’s going to be a wild ride. An awakening, let’s hope you guys don’t roll off the bed!
Soft spot for the Magies me, I worked a second job at the club in the early seventies.
A secondrower Hanson was my first working partner who showed me the ropes.
Pisses me off somewhat as the word Magies never gets used.
CC

jeffdragon

Bench
Saying we have to free up space in the cap.
Can't match other offers for Cam.
Hed he thr first one on the list to sign.
Send Norman on his way, there's 800k.
But it is the dragons. Eg Friz B Moz.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
McInness played at lock and made NSW showing his versatility. At hooker he did not get selected because of that, so the more game time he gets at lock it will only improve his game. All coaches know he is a quality hooker and can probably slot in there anytime. How do you know McInness does not want to pursue the lock position and be play a Cameron Murray role.I think there is a lot we don't know but surely that would be something to consider for Cameron Smith. Journo's are just trying to stir the pot.

Plus when Bennett took over he brought in the experienced Luke Priddis. This Peats / McCullough talk maybe just that. Hook and Bennett are not much different in their way of thinking I am assuming when it comes to squad depth.

blacksafake

First Grade
McInness played at lock and made NSW showing his versatility. At hooker he did not get selected because of that, so the more game time he gets at lock it will only improve his game. All coaches know he is a quality hooker and can probably slot in there anytime. How do you know McInness does not want to pursue the lock position and be play a Cameron Murray role.I think there is a lot we don't know but surely that would be something to consider for Cameron Smith. Journo's are just trying to stir the pot.

Plus when Bennett took over he brought in the experienced Luke Priddis. This Peats / McCullough talk maybe just that. Hook and Bennett are not much different in their way of thinking I am assuming when it comes to squad depth.
Agree Slippery.
Also the talk of the club “wanting” to get rid of McInnes is just that, Talk.
How do we know that McInnes isn’t unhappy about the idea of playing a Radley type roll of a hard tackling 13 with a passing game who can also play 9.

kit66

Bench
Agree Slippery.
Also the talk of the club “wanting” to get rid of McInnes is just that, Talk.
How do we know that McInnes isn’t unhappy about the idea of playing a Radley type roll of a hard tackling 13 with a passing game who can also play 9.

You got me thinking....

1. Dufty
2. Ramsey
3. Max Feagai
4. Lomax
5. Rava
6. Sullivan
7.Hunt

8. Lawrie
9. Brandon Smith
10. Vaughan
11. Ford