What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cameron Smith

What will happen to Cam Smith?

• Charged - found guilty at judiciary and misses 1 or 2 matches

Votes: 131 61.8%
  • Charged - found guilty but downgraded, misses 0 matches

Votes: 29 13.7%
  • Charged - found innocent

Votes: 23 10.8%
  • Not Charged

Votes: 29 13.7%

• Total voters

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Good to see both Grubs have been charged, lets hope the MRC find some balls and suspend the f**kers!!!

Evolution

Juniors
This is why people dislike Melbourne fans,you have a f**king attitude to everything.

Ah the last resort of someone who does not have an argument.

The pointing out of spelling mistakes to try and win some brownie points.

Just for added benefit some insults and swearing.

Last edited:

Snoz

Juniors
2 weeks is nothing for a season full of grapples, chickens & the kneeing to the calf muscle.

the tackle on thaiday got have broken his neck - just as bad as a spear tackle - deserves 3-5 weeks.

if he gets off i think i will pretty much give the game away until the NRL restores some order to the game i love.

Snoz

Juniors
with smith gone i wonder who is going to be the fourth player in the flop on the tackled player.

he racks up twice as many tackles going thhis - surprised refs don't pick it up more often

Ice777

Bench
Ah the last resort of someone who does not have an argument.

The pointing out of spelling mistakes to try and win some brownie points.

Just for added benefit some insults and swearing.

You get used to that from Shorty, when she has nothing and gets painted into a corner she tries to deflect the attention to other things that are totally irrelevant. We all make spelling mistakes/typos but you'd think before she had a go at others grammar she'd learn how to use the space bar after every time she uses a comma, but there you go.

As for Cam's tackle, in all honesty i don't think there was any way he couldn't have been charged for it and was always going to. Of course we'll fight it as any club would but i don't think he'll get off. It's done now and we'll just have to make do with what we have.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
The evidence is there in the game.

Think once in the first half and once in the 2nd. Had his arm around a Storm players neck in a choke hold.

But of course no one will ever hear about it again since it wasn't a Storm player doing it.

Carry on.

Or because it's just not there and you've got nothing.

As you were.

Evolution

Juniors
Oh no what is this? Lockyer performing a grapple?

But I thought only Storm players did it. Especially on Saturday night.

lockyer.jpg
lockyer1.jpg
lockyer2.jpg

I though we were all anti grapple. Bad Lockyer for doing such a thing.

But it was on a storm player so it is alright. It was also Smith which makes it doubly great.

Maybe people don't see it as much when done by other teams becuase the Storm don't cry and other teams only cry about it when it happens in a game against the Storm to get a penalty.

Where is the media outrage?

lockyer.jpg
lockyer1.jpg
lockyer2.jpg

But it was on a storm player so it is alright. It was also Smith which makes it doubly great.

Maybe people don't see it as much when done by other teams becuase the Storm don't cry and other teams only cry about it when it happens in a game against the Storm to get a penalty.

I agree, an Apple in an Orange no matter how you look at it

Frank_Grimes

First Grade

lockyer.jpg
lockyer1.jpg
lockyer2.jpg

Nice try but that's not a grapple. Lockyer's arm isn't up against Smith's throat, and I'm sure if you added a frame or two more you'd see the arm come away.

Yeah it's only because the Storm don't cry. Not because the Storm are most prevalent in it's use.

Your attempt to compare that tackle to Smith's "hand under the chin and pull the head back in the opposite direction of the body" tackle is very poor.

perverse

Referee
very good! i thought you were almost there... then suddenly...

nope, you lost it again. keep trying, you'll get it soon enough.

Evolution

Juniors
Nice try but that's not a grapple. Lockyer's arm isn't up against Smith's throat, and I'm sure if you added a frame or two more you'd see the arm come away.

Yeah it's only because the Storm don't cry. Not because the Storm are most prevalent in it's use.

Your attempt to compare that tackle to Smith's "hand under the chin and pull the head back in the opposite direction of the body" tackle is very poor.

Do you need glasses?

Evolution

Juniors
very good! i thought you were almost there... then suddenly...

nope, you lost it again. keep trying, you'll get it soon enough.

Hey I had to add it.

There is also another grapple from Hodges but no good angles of it. The Storm player gets up and continues playing not trying to get the attention of the ref.

pnub

Juniors

Funny you manage to miss the arm wrapped around the neck which is by definition a grapple tackle where and if you notice real closely he's also putting pressure on the back of cameron smiths neck which is what is called a crusher...
So what do you know two for the price of one yet still more denail..
As for your comment about take a frame or two and he'll remove his arm, of course he will everyone removes there arm from a tackle at some point. Not to mention that Camerons smiths arm moves from the neck a couple of times during the duration of his tackle, but he was around the head and he got reported rightly...

Squae

Juniors
So when is the judiciary hearing?

Given all the talk of technicalities, they must have made sure that they can nail him with that charge, otherwise, surely they would of charged him with something else in regards to attacking head, or maybe a crusher?