What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cameron Smith

What will happen to Cam Smith?

• Charged - found guilty at judiciary and misses 1 or 2 matches

Votes: 131 61.8%
  • Charged - found guilty but downgraded, misses 0 matches

Votes: 29 13.7%
  • Charged - found innocent

Votes: 23 10.8%
  • Not Charged

Votes: 29 13.7%

• Total voters

Frailty

First Grade
i have to agree with this. its unfair that the storm are being crucified for stuff at this time of the year - if the NRL was serious about it all, they shouldve made it clear right from the start of the season. all teams do it, and id be fine if it were stamped out back then. but now certainly isnt the right time to be trying to make examples of people.

Unfortunately the lynchpin of the premiership favourites will probably miss the season. if this game had weighting, 2008 for the storm wouldnt be in jepody by just one tackle.

But this is inherently flawed. As much as they suspend players for high tackles, it still happens during the finals. So we should let players off for high tackles because "if the NRL were serious they would have made it clear right from the start of the season"?

:crazy:

Noa

First Grade
You need a 9 that can kick, I'd go with Slater as he can do that, put GI at fullback and I'd put Geyer at 6.

He can kick but its not better then Russ' kicking game.

If there really worried about a kicking game they'll go with Liam Foran, left footer like Cam. But Russ can kick and the Storms game is very reliant on good service from the dh, thats what we'll be more concerned with.

I do hope though that Billy does see some time there, Id put Jo Tomane on the bench and use Quinn as a 2nd rower at times.

Actually i'd go for Slater playing hooker in attack and putting on an extra backrower to cover it in defence.
Although GI is going to have to pull his finger out of his ass and get more involved with the game especailly with his kicking game.

This is some comedy gold if your serious.

pnub

Juniors
This is why people dislike Melbourne fans,you have a f**king attitude to everything.

And you don't have an attitude your the one who made a whole point on spelling there, i thought you would appreciate the effort to make sure the same mistake wasn't repeated

BWNB

First Grade
I find it strange that they dont think C.Smiths tackle is worse than Gallens 'rake'
I know id rather a facial infection, then a broken neck that would result from the tackle Smith committed.

pnub

Juniors
You need a 9 that can kick, I'd go with Slater as he can do that, put GI at fullback and I'd put Geyer at 6.

I'd rather have slater do his defence at fullback, he isn't suited to make all those extra tackles if he defended at the 9.

Shorty

Staff member
And you don't have an attitude your the one who made a whole point on spelling there
I don't think it's too much to ask that people can spell properly,I wouldn't say that's attitude at all.
However on this site sometimes it is a stretch.
i thought you would appreciate the effort to make sure the same mistake wasn't repeated
Cause that was your intention,right?
Wouldn't have to do with being a bit of a smart*ss because of my correction?

Mighty Tiger

Bench
i have to agree with this. its unfair that the storm are being crucified for stuff at this time of the year - if the NRL was serious about it all, they shouldve made it clear right from the start of the season. all teams do it, and id be fine if it were stamped out back then. but now certainly isnt the right time to be trying to make examples of people.

Unfortunately the lynchpin of the premiership favourites will probably miss the season. if this game had weighting, 2008 for the storm wouldnt be in jepody by just one tackle.

He is a repeat offender, got charged early in the season for attacking the head = 2nd charge this season for attacking the head.

How many attacking the head charges should a player face and be found guilty of before missing a grand final?

pnub

Juniors
:roll:

It's also Thurston,I had it in my post..right in front of your eyes...not hard to do!

Sure there was no attitude in there.... Hmm the right in front of your eyes not hard to do isn't attitude...
All you had to do was point out that i had spelt it wrong which was an honest mistake but no you had to add the attitude in the end and that’s why i made sure to point it out to you.

pnub

Juniors
Maybe play Slater in defence at fullback, in attack at hooker

Yes thats what i'm thinking, he has done well at times playing hooker during the year so give him a shot this week. Put on an extra backrower in the 9 position for defence to cover that and have slater slot back into his usual role.
Another option is for Jeremy Smith if he gets off to play hooker as he has played a bit of 5/8th in his past

pnub

Juniors
Well you did have my quote in your post...

Yes i made a mistake and i would have been fine with having that pointed out to me but you used attitude after it so i returned in kind. So we both used it and then we are both at fault

lockyno1

Post Whore
Yes thats what i'm thinking, he has done well at times playing hooker during the year so give him a shot this week. Put on an extra backrower in the 9 position for defence to cover that and have slater slot back into his usual role.
Another option is for Jeremy Smith if he gets off to play hooker as he has played a bit of 5/8th in his past

Who are your younger hookers and be honest are they up to it? Could they be a option?

pnub

Juniors
Who are your younger hookers and be honest are they up to it? Could they be a option?

Well they played Liam Foran at hooker a bit during the origin period but he's not really up to it. James Woolford and Jay Aston are other options from the under 20's but niether has played a game at senior level so i'd rather not have them thrust into the finals for their first game. The cap has bitten on our reserves of hookers although Ryan Hinchcliffe will be there next year
The storm do spend a fair portion of the year training in the others positions to cover for a injury. And i know during the off season Slater trained at the 9 with Smith in at 5/8 and they have even done it a few times during periods of games throughout the year. So that would be my choice above Geyer as Slater has a bit more creativity in his game. But looking at Bellyache he'd rather go with controlled sets so i'm sure it will be Geyer

Latest posts