What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cameron Smith

What will happen to Cam Smith?

• Charged - found guilty at judiciary and misses 1 or 2 matches

Votes: 131 61.8%
  • Charged - found guilty but downgraded, misses 0 matches

Votes: 29 13.7%
  • Charged - found innocent

Votes: 23 10.8%
  • Not Charged

Votes: 29 13.7%

• Total voters

j0nesy

Bench
These ex-players are sending mixed messages to the administrators. On the one hand they want to stamp wrestling out of the game, but then they turn around and say, oh but not in semis and it's not a game for sissies. I really think they should probably both go, but perhaps that would be inconsistent. The only argument that I can make in favour of both of the Smith's is that these types of wresting incidents have rarely been penalised, much less referred to the judicary, all season. It would be a little inconsistent in my opinion, if they were to be suspended at this late stage of the season.

innsaneink

Referee
There is a difference between having 1 small suspension over the course of the whole season then having multiple.

That one small suspension, and this charge, show him to be a repeat offender.
Caught once, punished.
Caught again = repeat.

4wardPass

Juniors
Only way to sort out this wrestling crap is lengthy bans....just like they have done with spear tackles.

Set a min penalty of maybe 4 weeks and see how long it takes for them to get the message.

BTW for those who like wrestling its on 9 on Sundays....go watch it and FOAD.

There was nothing it you wuss.

You're a farkin loser Dave Queer.

Stoopid too..

0,5001,6261897,00.jpg

Roosterphin1

Juniors
It was a grapple nad he deserves suspension. Ill be glad when they get this crap out of the game. I am proud that my team is the team that probably does it the least although I am sure it cost us this year

bartman

Immortal
Cameron Smith deserved to be sat down for the season. That "tackle" was nothing but attacking the head of an opponent.

I personally don't care if he doesn't make the WC team either - there are adequate other hookers around to take his place that don't need that as part of their game.

C'mon judiciary, take a stand and lay the platform for some more skilful footy next season!

Cameron Smith deserved to be sat down for the season. That "tackle" was nothing but attacking the head of an opponent.

I personally don't care if he doesn't make the WC team either - there are adequate other hookers around to take his place that don't need that as part of their game.

C'mon judiciary, take a stand and lay the platform for some more skilful footy next season!

Exactly!

This is not just about getting the dangerous cheating out of the game.

It's about getting our game back to good skillful footy.

DJShaksta

First Grade
"but For A Player Like Him (smith), Who's A Real Ornament To The Game, Who Never Plays Outside The Rules, To Miss A Preliminary Final And Maybe A Grand Final, It's Just Not Rugby League.

I don't understand Geyers comment here at all, if CAMeron Smith played within the rules he wouldn't be cited by the MRC.
Geyer took 1 too many knocks to the head me thinks.

Jono078

Referee
Ofcourse Geyer thinks it's wrong. He wants his brother to finish up with another premiership ffs..

jarro

Juniors
And Sattler is too? And Phil Gould? Who all thought is was a joke?
What a dark day in the history of the NRL.

In your opinion of course.

Plenty of other clubs have whinged about Smith's (and the Storms) tackling/grappling technique too .... i believe it was Elliot and the panthers that blew the whistle on them over 5 years ago.

It's about time the grub got what he deserved, that tackle on Thaiday was a shocker !!

jc155776

Coach
Geyer on talking sport tonight saying he should get suspended.

FFS Make up your mind!

Oh wait,

Is that a News Ltd article...

Latest posts